Modular Shield Generators balance feedback

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
MooCow12
Byond Username: MooCow12

Modular Shield Generators balance feedback

Post by MooCow12 » #687367

This thread is for feedback on Modular Shield generators, specifically their numerical values based on the amount of effort you put into them.

You can post ideas and stuff to add to here too but like, they are intended to be able to do a lot more in the future so I mostly just want feedback on their actual stats / how large or tanky they are based on the amount of effort put into them. There is a lot of levers I have to change/mess around with their scaling and the damage they take from different sources.
Last edited by MooCow12 on Mon May 29, 2023 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
List of my favorite TG Staff.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
cSeal wrote: TLDR suck my nuts you bald bitch
MooCow12

Re: Modular Shield Generators balance feedback

Post by MooCow12 » #687387

Played with it on sybil and found out that...there are alot of items available to the crew that deal bonus damage to structures/the shield and alot of mobs do bonus damage to structures/the shield so i probably did lowball the stats alittle bit but not much and i dont wanna touch it until im sure.
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:who's this moocow guy and why is their head firmly planted up athath's ass
Constellado
Byond Username: Constellado

Post by Constellado » #688367

I am unsure if its a thing yet but I want it possible to move the parts before wrenching them down. A bit like how thermo machines are.
It is a PAIN to rearrange all the parts, especially if you accidentally put the board in the wrong order and how have to deconstruct it just to move the machines around to the right place.

I am excited about all this though! Still trying to figure out some silly gimmick/contraption with them.
► Show Spoiler
► Show Spoiler
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #688377

Constellado wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:18 am I am unsure if its a thing yet but I want it possible to move the parts before wrenching them down. A bit like how thermo machines are.
It is a PAIN to rearrange all the parts, especially if you accidentally put the board in the wrong order and how have to deconstruct it just to move the machines around to the right place.

I am excited about all this though! Still trying to figure out some silly gimmick/contraption with them.
One of the intended downsides with it is the inability to easily relocate a large shield generator setup without fully deconstructing it.

Sadly to ensure that I had to prevent dragging of all the parts involved, you make it piece by piece and you need to tetris it by planning ahead of time

I recommend building the nodes first and try to get long lines of them, and if you need 2 lines going parallel try to make them 2 tiles apart.

building the nodes first makes it easier to plan ahead on how youre gonna finish it up/expand more.

another thing to note is I`m gonna try buffing the stat scaling on the chargers and wells so you dont have to build a massive setup just to block a single spider or something.
Spoiler:
MooCow12

Post by MooCow12 » #688378

Also in the future i plan on adding different ways to build and boost them.
Spoiler: