#REMOVE CHEMBLOB BULLSHIT 2015

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

#REMOVE CHEMBLOB BULLSHIT 2015

Post by Oldman Robustin » #99076

I've messaged goofball about this but coders are moving at the speed of a morphine overdosed crewmember to un-break the gametype they broke.

SOMEONE EXPLAIN HOW I DIED IN THIS PICTURE:

http://i.imgur.com/SgwEjRC.png

Context:

-Full hp in syndie space suit

-Fighting blob from space with 3 tiles of buffer space

-Miniblob flies up and hits me with the message "the blob hits unknown!" and does a minor amount of damage

-Suddenly "the blob strikes you, and your lungs feel heavy and weak!" "the blob strikes you, and your lungs feel heavy and weak!"

-I take 2 steps back and then fall into crit and die

-The ghost represents where i was standing when i got hit

Fix this shit, 90% of the playerbase can't even tell if blobs have a ranged attack or not, three admins have insisted they cannot hit at range. No gametype should be this fucking confusing in the ways it kills you instantly and without recourse.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Re: #REMOVE CHEMBLOB BULLSHIT 2015

Post by Jeb » #99082

People might take you more seriously if you fix your caps lock button, as I've done for you above.
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Razharas
Byond Username: Razharas

Post by Razharas » #99085

Smoke clouds left by bloblings now contain the reagent of the blob
Said cloud interacted with you, applying the lung destroying toxin to you, doing you massive oxyloss damage
You went into crit from having too much oxyloss and died slowly due to oxyloss not healing naturally while in crit
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #99086

Get a Reviver™ Implant™ and avoid these embarrassing situations!
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #99089

Razharas wrote:Smoke clouds left by bloblings now contain the reagent of the blob
Said cloud interacted with you, applying the lung destroying toxin to you, doing you massive oxyloss damage
You went into crit from having too much oxyloss and died slowly due to oxyloss not healing naturally while in crit
So you're telling me that "THE BLOB STRIKES YOU..." is actually just smoke filling me with chems?

Because taking full fucking damage from blob smoke in a space suit with internals on is the least fucking intuitive thing I've ever seen, especially since it never behaved like that before chemblob.
Jeb
Byond Username: Stapler2025

Post by Jeb » #99090

Ever consider reporting that as a bug, you know, on github..where bugs are tracked and reported?
Guy that made a thing that got put on the homepage of /tg/station13
Defeated in the Great Purge of 2014
[Security] Fiz Bump says, "Beats me, I'm not a scientist. But this is a problem that can be solved with harmbatons."
Johnson Fitzwell asks, "HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?"
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #99091

Jeb wrote:Ever consider reporting that as a bug, you know, on github..where bugs are tracked and reported?
Because:

1) It's still not clear to me what "THE BLOB STRIKES YOU..." even means. Even by oxyloss standards I died pretty damn fast, I haven't ruled out a ranged attack yet.

2) Coders seem to have intended that blob smoke fuck you up regardless of protection.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #99092

It doesn't matter if it's not an actual bug, the issue tracker is where these things should go. Feedback is for feedback, not bug reporting.

also pls stop generalizing
phil235
Byond Username: Phil235

Post by phil235 » #99096

The two underlying issues are:
- Blob reagents touch effects on mob are not using the reagent volume to scale the effect, i.e. 1 unit or 100units have the same effect.
- Smokes gives you pretty much all the reagents it contains in a matter of seconds.

Both issues are addressed in my open PR refactoring smoke and acid: https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/10085

(it also fixes getting "the blob strikes you" when crossing a miniblob's smoke cloud)
I'm a tgstation coding maintainer janitor
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #99104

Or we can go back to the old blob system instead of juggling this around for another year until the issue dies away from lack of anything going forward.

Keep It Simple Stupid.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #99106

Scott wrote:It doesn't matter if it's not an actual bug, the issue tracker is where these things should go. Feedback is for feedback, not bug reporting.

Yea I've tried both when I wasn't 100% sure what the problem was, it gets removed in 10 minutes and I get told to come to the forums to sort it out.

Until this thread I actually thought the fucking blob could just target me for a ranged blob hit from several tiles away.

If I had reported that as a bug/issue it would've been removed with a "you're wrong" comment and that would be the end of it.

Same thing happened last time I bitched about chemblob, I posted like 7 different blob behaviors that seemed broken/buggy/unintended and it was removed within minutes for being too broad.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #99184

Scott wrote:It doesn't matter if it's not an actual bug, the issue tracker is where these things should go. Feedback is for feedback, not bug reporting.

>feedback is for feedback

>"this is a buggy mess fix it please and here's how"

>not feedback

:^)
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #99188

I like strong independent blobbers but this is getting a tad silly.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #99203

Sorium blob smoke clouds don't just murder the person who steps in them, they murder everyone nearby by slamming them into walls.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #99206

Anonus wrote:Sorium blob smoke clouds don't just murder the person who steps in them, they murder everyone nearby by slamming them into walls.
its a bug