BioTERROR

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

BioTERROR

Post by lumipharon » #104207

So it turns out that the shotgun darts for nuke ops that I suggested (and that almost no on uses) are RETARDLY, HILARIOUSLY, OP.

Like holy fuck, ONE DART kills in less then 10 seconds, and because it both stuns AND mutes, you cant do anything, even call for help, before dying.
The SINGLE drawback of these darts is that they don't work on noncarbons at all, and don't effect people through THICKMATERIAL shit (like spacesuits/biosuit etc). But even that is actually an advantage, since it makes friendly fire impossible.

Sadly, these do need to be nerfed in some way, since it's pretty rediculous right now.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Re: BioTERROR

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #104235

Who the hell added these to the bulldog? Bioterror darts are something which should be in their own gun, the Bulldog is too overpowered as it is!
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #104237

We should just make the C20 standard issue at this rate, easier to balance and more iconic.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #104238

That might be a thought. CR-20 being "OPEN FIRE" and "I NEED TO RELOAD", while the bulldog is the tacticool awpertive's fits-any-situation custom?
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Ghende3
Byond Username: Ghende3

Post by Ghende3 » #104302

just replace the neurotoxin that weakens with something like beepsky smash, so people can still run away a little before they die. and also reduce the Initropidril dosage to like 2 units, because holy shit that stuff is strong.
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #104308

Ghende3 wrote:just replace the neurotoxin that weakens with something like beepsky smash, so people can still run away a little before they die. and also reduce the Initropidril dosage to like 2 units, because holy shit that stuff is strong.
Isn't beepsky smash just neurotoxin that lets you speak?
Boredone
Byond Username: Boredone

Post by Boredone » #104332

So, figured I'd go ahead and list what it does for sure, and whats in it. I personally kinda like em, but understand why they are considered OP.

Neurotoxin (5u) The drink kind, weakens you constantly, might keep you down for the whole time while its in you. Also makes you a bit drunk.
Morphine (5u) Sleepy time after its in you for awhile, though I think this is kinda pointless with Sodium Thiopental in it as well, which does it faster.
Spore (5u) Slightly toxic, gives you a damage overlay and blurs your eyes. Meh.
Mutetoxin (5u) Mutes you.
Initropidril (5u) This is probobly the main problem, as this can give you heart attacks, which easily kill you if you don't get help. Every tick, 25% of 1 of 3 things happening. Heart Attack, Weaken, or Losebreath. This'll last 10 ticks or so.
Sodium_Thiopental (5u) Basically just Morphine+, puts you to sleep faster but doesn't last quite as long. Plus gives you stam damage.

I'd personally replace Initro with a more normal toxin, maybe swap out Morphine as well. As a note, the dart does no brute damage I believe, so all it does is all the chems for around 10 ticks for most of em.
Though, double checking the costs, the stun from this probobly lasts longer then the ones from the taser slugs, but they cost the exact same. That might need changed.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #104466

Neurotoxin the drink is a hilariously strong stun btw. As soon as it starts processing you get knocked down and can't do anything but talk until it wears off, which takes a dumb amount of time.

It depends on what tick you're on for processing reagents, but I've taken a drink of it while standing next to the bar and not had enough time to even put my drink back on the table before falling over stunned - if these darts hit someone, they will go instantly down and not get up again - especially because even if the initropidril doesn't kill them (how lucky do you even have to be) the morphine will kick in and keep them asleep for like a minute because it processes slow as fuck.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #104480

Boredone wrote:Neurotoxin (5u) The drink kind, weakens you constantly, might keep you down for the whole time while its in you. Also makes you a bit drunk.
Morphine (5u) Sleepy time after its in you for awhile, though I think this is kinda pointless with Sodium Thiopental in it as well, which does it faster.
Spore (5u) Slightly toxic, gives you a damage overlay and blurs your eyes. Meh.
Mutetoxin (5u) Mutes you.
Initropidril (5u) This is probobly the main problem, as this can give you heart attacks, which easily kill you if you don't get help. Every tick, 25% of 1 of 3 things happening. Heart Attack, Weaken, or Losebreath. This'll last 10 ticks or so.
Sodium_Thiopental (5u) Basically just Morphine+, puts you to sleep faster but doesn't last quite as long. Plus gives you stam damage.
Hahaha holy fuck 30U of chems in ONE SHOT. That's twice the content of a SYRINGE!

Really, these should have simply been a round that behaves like something more dangerous than a spider bite: A slow but certain death, not INSTANT FUCKING DEAD.
Mime: Depresso
Boredone
Byond Username: Boredone

Post by Boredone » #104487

The 30u of chems is the normal max for Shotgun darts. If you somehow got the chems, theres nothing stopping you from exactly replicating the contents of the Bioterror dart.
I agree with the second point though yeah, they should toss out Initro for something less insta-deadish.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #104575

Bioterror should be a dartgun that comes with one shot and gets a few more at 10 tc a pop. Sounds fair for a guaranteed kill every shot.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #104623

My fuckup, i forgot the bulldog had initro in it when i buffed it because traitors were reporting the traitor toxins were shittier than what they could mix, and buy rates for it were low

I'll fuck with it for more fun time chems.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #106088

Blowdart gun, 1 syrine at a time, no message that you fire it but a message that you've been pricked, now traitors have a way to get people with fun drugs.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy