Coderbus Boogaloo Pt. II: Still Shitty

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Re: Coderbus Boogaloo Pt. II: Still Shitty

Post by Scott » #107793

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oldman Robustin wrote: I have no issues with contributing to coderbus. I have every issue with devoting a material amount of time and energy to learn BYOND code for the sole purpose of contributing here only to realize that the Headcoder, who has outright stated that he ignores everything that I post, and since Steelpoint has often taken my Feedback ideas and put them directly into PR's (which typically result in Cheridan shutting it down and waving his ban hammer around)... well it would be absurd to think I'd waste my time like that.
The doors are open to contribute, don't use the excuse of cheridan being stalin to not contribute. If you need any coding help you can get in coderbus and ask for it.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #107794

Are you insane or what Scott?

What he's saying is there's not much incentive to help code with the threat of being banned and having your changes closed because the sole headcoder disagree's with them.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #107798

Nobody is getting banned if all they want to do is contribute.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #107799

How many times do I have to state that I was banned for contributing? Or do I not count?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #107834

This thread appears to be going in circles, over and over and over and over.

How about both Oldman and Cheridan sum up their arguments in one post each, instead of sniping them line-by-line over the people chanting "CODERBUS SUCKS" and "LEARN TO CODE YOURSELF!"?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #107838

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:This thread appears to be going in circles, over and over and over and over.
much like the twenty billion threads that came before it.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #107858

Steelpoint you were literally not "banned for contributing", and the fact that you're still pushing that idea after you spoke to me and I directly told you the reasons behind your ban comes off as very disingenuous.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #107859

MisterPerson wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Welp, in the span of one thread I've gone from being neutral on the coderbus issue to wanting to beat the shit out of them. The criticisms leveled at them regarding terrible communication and utter dismissal of the community have been completely validated in my eyes. Their attitude is utterly disgusting and even if you don't feel that the community needs to be worried. Responding to somebody who accuses you of communicating poorly with "lol go make your own code" is fucking unproductive and outright juvenile. The coderbus is collectively acting like an 8 year old who don't want anybody else playing with their toys, and quite frankly anybody who replied with the aforementioned comment should be fucking embarrassed. If that is the best you can muster, you don't belong in any position of authority.
ForcefulCJS is not "the community"
and I'm not a coder and I don't see myself as part of coderbus
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #107864

I identify as a coderfluid transpriter.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #107871

Hurry everyone go make token PRs that change a tiny insignificant detail and no one cares enough to oppose just so Scott can see you as human beings.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #107880

I made the dead ian sprite, I am the highest form of contributor already, Kneel before me.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #107885

Wjohnston made all the shaved corgi sprites. Clearly he is better
and I coded/copypasta'd it with heavy reliance on RemieRichards
Clearly they are better as well
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #107893

This is like both of the loudest sides of the community and coderbus crawling out of the woodworks and having a miniature childish war while everyone else (calmer players and coders) look in disgust and begin to distrust the calmer folk on both sides more and more too.

I'm not sure if this thread is going to accomplish anything by being so public. Maybe these issues should be handled more quietly in a more private discussion or something. Highlighting these issues may actually be causing quite a bit of damage.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #107895

NikNakFlak wrote:Wjohnston made all the shaved corgi sprites. Clearly he is better
and I coded/copypasta'd it with heavy reliance on RemieRichards
Clearly they are better as well
An inferior contribution to my own.

without me, you could not know the joy of licking delicious tears as they fall from the head of personnel's eyes as he looks down in horror at what you have done.

You're welcome.
WJohnston wrote:This is like both of the loudest sides of the community and coderbus crawling out of the woodworks and having a miniature childish war while everyone else (calmer players and coders) look in disgust and begin to distrust the calmer folk on both sides more and more too.

I'm not sure if this thread is going to accomplish anything by being so public. Maybe these issues should be handled more quietly in a more private discussion or something. Highlighting these issues may actually be causing quite a bit of damage.
These issues are varied and long standing, And everytime without fail it's argued to death and then swept further down the road to handle later, Leaving things exactly where they were, and you can guess who benefits from that most.
Hint:Not the players.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #107898

Oldman Robustin wrote:We've been over this. My complaint is not "Cheridan closed my PR request by proxy, wah wah, he's a big meanie". It's that I advocated for changes on these forums, made several well thought-out arguments, garnered a consensus among the posters here, and then Cheridan doesn't just push back, he shuts down any hope of change with bans/threats/Github authority while simultaneously demonstration 0 fucking interest in what anyone here has to say. This neuters the effectiveness of this forum and creates another filter between the community and coders when you have to walk up to their front doorstep where Cheridan has absolute authority about what dialogue can take place, and essentially beg them to do something. This isn't an accident, this is the way that Cheridan has consolidated his power and he's more than happy to raise a giant middle finger to this forum as part of that process.
The original pull request had a fair discussion and it was shot down. It wasn't "Cheridan didn't like the idea", it was literally "nearly every contributor disliked the idea". I don't really know what else to tell you. Sometimes changes you don't like are going to happen and changes you want won't happen. There's just no way for everyone to agree on stuff like this.

"You are playing a game where you are not fully in control of everything. You will be put into situations beyond your control, which will result in some rounds being ruined for you. Man up and deal with it. "

And in any case, complaining that this forum's effectiveness is ruined is a bit of a stretch considering Cheridan (and many other contributors) don't use this forum at all. Which, yes, is a bit of a shame, especially since it's been really good for the past half year
Falamazeer wrote: These issues are varied and long standing, And everytime without fail it's argued to death and then swept further down the road to handle later, Leaving things exactly where they were, and you can guess who benefits from that most.
Hint:Not the players.
That's why I've left this thread open and unmoderated for so long, to give people a non-Singulo public opportunity to make their feelings known so everyone knows where everyone else stands so maybe we can resolve this shit. I mean, I doubt we will, but you gotta try, right?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #107926

I make issue requests on git an they get closed because 'git is not the place for balance discussion'.
So the only other place to voice these issues is feedback. But if they don't listen or read here, what the fuck are we expected to do?

Edit: And don't say get on IRC. I have a job, I sleep, and I live on the otherside of the world from most of the people in this comunity.

Edit2: And you talk about the original PR. The orginal and the 2nd PR were very much different.
The first PR was a straight 'double tc's.' I loudly opposed this and still do.

So what did he do? He listened to feedback from the first pr, and made the 2nd PR, which only increased tc count by 10, while also increasing the cost of syndie bombs to 16 (so you couldn't buy more than one).
Of course if people still felt this was unsatisfactory, more changes could have been made (X item would be good with the high tc cound and should also go up etc). Instead it got locked.

Hell, personally I still don't agree with the 2nd pr, I think there are other methods to improve traitors, but locking down pr's and banning people when they've taken the time and effort to listen to feedback is unbelievably shitty.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #107956

@Lumipharon:
Cheridan wrote:Steelpoint you were literally not "banned for contributing", and the fact that you're still pushing that idea after you spoke to me and I directly told you the reasons behind your ban comes off as very disingenuous.
Read this since you obviously haven't.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #107978

I've read it several times. What's that got to do with what I've said?
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #107982

MisterPerson wrote:@Lumipharon:
Cheridan wrote:Steelpoint you were literally not "banned for contributing", and the fact that you're still pushing that idea after you spoke to me and I directly told you the reasons behind your ban comes off as very disingenuous.
Read this since you obviously haven't.
He's raid that, he just doesn't believe a word of what Cheridan is saying.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #107986

so now we're quite literally into the conspiracy section

fucking beautiful
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #107995

iamgoofball wrote:so now we're quite literally into the conspiracy section

fucking beautiful
Doesn't really go into conspiracy territory. It's Cheridan using flimsy raisins to ban Steelpoint because "he's messing with our teamwork vibe and throwing off all our auras man", which some of us just see as a pretense for Cheridan banning anyone who talks back to him and adds PR's that buff what he doesn't want buffed or nerf what he doesn't want nerfed, even if it's based on consensus from this forum. It's more a "Do you think Cheridan's statements are credible" and many of us absolutely do not, his behavior in this thread only reinforced that.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #107997

Goof,MSO, what are you even talking about. Cheri said he didn't ban steel 'for contributing'.
Please explain where I have accused Cheri of banned steel 'for contributing.'
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #108011

I did talk with you Cheridan yes but I still fail to understand the reason for my ban. As far as I know you claimed to ban me for being disruptive or something. That might be fine but your attitudes towards me, such as telling me to send my PR's to hell and intentionally preforming actions to, and as you say, make me madder, mean I really don't belive you had genuine intent to ban me and instead just banned me out of spite or a heat of the moment.

Also I find it insulting you claim that my second TC PR was closed only because you closed my first TC PR. Even though there was a worlds of difference between the two PR's, as well as more thought and adjustments put into the second PR.

Not to mention that the second TC PR had overwhelming support from most people, whereas the first one was much less well received.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #108076

Steelpoint, this isn't a discussion about your ban or an appeal for said ban.

Can people at least TRY to not make everything about them?
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #108097

> still no one has responded to lumi

k
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #108121

peoplearestrange wrote:Steelpoint, this isn't a discussion about your ban or an appeal for said ban.

Can people at least TRY to not make everything about them?
The entire thread is about Steelpoint silly.

Or rather, it was prompted by Steelpoint's ban.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #108133

\/O\/

I have no idea whats going on these days...
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box