Spacewind is now retarded

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Spacewind is now retarded

Post by Oldman Robustin » #107213

I just watched a single portable airpump make an entire section of test science impossible to move in, and a single panic syphon leave 5-6 people stuck in a 3x3 area of tiles.

Getting near any kind of air suction can easily kill you, vacuums to space are an obvious issue... they should be hazardous, not guaranteed death, especially when the breach has been there for 5+ minutes and should've depressurized.

Panic syphons should make a room unbreathable, not fucking make a black hole sucking in every player who falls into its event horizon.
Last edited by Oldman Robustin on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackHunt
Byond Username: JackHunt

Re: Fastmos gets retarded sometimes

Post by JackHunt » #107214

The way it was in my head is that panic siphons basically act like an opening to space. In that context it doesn't seem so bad. If it needs a nerf is an open question but right now I think they function pretty well.
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #107215

I dunno robustin, they were painfully slow before, not even a worry when the AI went full retard, I'm not sure I agree, I'd rather they be too effective rather than not enough.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #107216

I like the new effectiveness of the new vents and scrubbers, but spacewind gets seriously stupid at times. A single cannister opened will make a hallway impossible to move in for minutes.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #107222

while getting pushed around a little bit doesn't bother me too much and i know very little about how it's calculated i'd support raising the threshold in how much pressure differential / air rush is required to push, though i do support spacewind being a thing i'd like magboots to become engineering standard issue, as spacewind is a problem.

also give engineering cyborgs a magboot module so they can stick to the floor and fix spacewind, as it is you have to wait 5 minutes for a place to depressurize before you can grille+window and it's obnoxious.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #107228

Believe me, I want more lethality less H U G B O X (fucking nazi mods and chat filters) too, panic syphons, hull breaches, etc. should be dangerous. It just goes a LITTLE too far when you get permastunned by spacewind because you walked too close to an airpump while at 50% health.

You know what I propose? Resisting while un-grabbed/un-firey/etc. will cause your character to dive forward ~5 tiles and be "stunned" for ~7-8 seconds. It lets you throw yourself away from a syphon/pump/breach without having the old "I literally don't care about atmos" system of non-lethality.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #107234

What if it was like zero gravity movement, if you can grab onto something you have more spacewind resistance?
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #107238

Scott wrote:What if it was like zero gravity movement, if you can grab onto something you have more spacewind resistance?
That makes a lot of sense actually.
Cik

Post by Cik » #107239

if you are near object you can move maybe slightly better than now

if not you have a chance increasing with strength of the wind to be thrown with the gusting wind
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #107256

Hard to say definitively without a coder to look it over, but I feel like pumps are weaker by a fair margin. someone go poke one of those sleeping bums in bus and ask em.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #107268

Fairly sure the problem isn't with fastmos, but rather with the more recent (1mo-) changes to how spacewind works. I've noticed that spacewind has gotten fucking retarded recently, and it really needs to be toned down.
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #107277

Spacewind is really frustrating and I don't think it should remain at it's current level with the current number of magboots on the station

It's insanely hard to actually get things (bodies) back inside the station, if not next to impossible right now.
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #107307

lol h u g b o x
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #107316

Miauw wrote:lol h u g b o x
Fun fact: It's physically impossible to pull any item without a deliberately retarded spacewind var (like mining ore crates) through any airlock on station except Escape right now.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #107329

And even ore crates cause shit sometimes.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #107344

I wasn't aware of a spacewind update. Yea it sounds like its a spacewind change rather than fastmos.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #107357

spacewind also leads to stupid solutions, if you drag an unsecured window behind you can't get pushed back and are absolutely fine.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Amelius

Spacewind

Post by Amelius » #107431

The new spacewind changes are godawful. I'll be indoors, tugging a corpse into maintenance and it will spontaneous fly away from me. Borgs have to literally fight spacewind in maintenance if even a little air has been sucked from it from opening a door once or twice to/from a breached area, rendering the oxidized area rife with bullshit mysterious spacewind, as I witnessed today. Mid-round people are actually abandoning multiple corpses in the hallway, in lieu of tugging them into a medbay that was damaged in the past because the bodies constantly fly away from them and settle into a 1x1 area (watched this huge act of futility myself, involving 4 fucking corpses). I have yet to hear a single person in deadchat or OOC say a single positive thing about spacewind, only negative, always along the lines of 'spacewind is mecha-Hitler sent to sabotage /tg/station'.

Spacewind was never fun, but fair, and only really played a part in airlocks, until now when it's become bullshit. I've been stuck in a 1x1 tile after a bomb hits these days, only escaping because I'm a goddamn changeling after exhausting much of my chems just to get OUT, even if I was at near full-health to begin with, due to the slow in conjunct with the spacewind. I've had areas deoxidize for short periods that become ridiculous to merely move in. A breach or void is punishing enough by being deadly in two senses - oxygen and pressure, but adding an intense, third, mystical factor that only serves to make things irritating with only one preventative measure - one of the two magboots on the station is not good design.

Seriously, just why. It's just a fun dampener. Muh realism is never a valid response, because it's a goddamn game.
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Re: Spacewind

Post by Supermichael777 » #107432

bring back engey gloves and magboots
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #107437

Falamazeer wrote:I dunno robustin, they were painfully slow before, not even a worry when the AI went full retard, I'm not sure I agree, I'd rather they be too effective rather than not enough.
I take all of this back, now that I've seen the real godamn effects, holy fucking shit guys, this needs work.
I can't even table walk out of the wardens office because the scrubber in THE ARMORY is going.

this is insanity
Cik

Post by Cik » #107438

either it needs to be changed or magboots need to become engineering standard, as it is you can play assistant pingpong by activating siphon lel, it's actually hilarious. once you get down to half health~ you cannot get out of space anymore at all, and vents are basically nigh inescapable black holes if you are wounded.
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #107477

I've moved a thread Amelius made because it's basically the same complaint.

Which I think just highlights how important this issue is. Just trying to reduce clutter a bit.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #107504

If you are even a little bit slowed and you get pulled into the hole, god help you because you are not getting out.
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #107537

Even if magboots were an engineering standard, it's still fucking dumb for the rest of the crew having to leave corpses in the hallway since it's futile to try to bring them into medbay, or cyborgs being thrown around by spacewind indoors, or both literally sucked into and stuck on vents or 1x1 patches of blown areas after a bombing, unable to escape if not at full health and not freezing for more than a second.

Just revert it and never think of a space-wind related change ever again. This is beyond godawful. Though, I guarantee what will happen, since it's Cheri's PR, is that he'll 'tweak the values', it'll still be beyond shit but slightly less so, and all the valid complaints and PRs will be ignored and closed henceforth, instead of doing the sane thing and reverting it. A+.
Last edited by Amelius on Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #107553

Falamazeer wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:I dunno robustin, they were painfully slow before, not even a worry when the AI went full retard, I'm not sure I agree, I'd rather they be too effective rather than not enough.
I take all of this back, now that I've seen the real godamn effects, holy fucking shit guys, this needs work.
I can't even table walk out of the wardens office because the scrubber in THE ARMORY is going.

this is insanity
Yea it's pretty funny.

The round that prompted this was a Gang War with one panic siphon running (robocop AI pretty much wiped out security because "I'M HELPING") and one portable air pump turned on in test science. The siphon was keeping 4 members of security on complete lockdown (janitor slip spots helped), but the icing on the cake was that people who escaped the panic siphon and tried to hack the door to the Dominator couldn't do it because a portable air pump was running ~3 tiles away and kept sucking everyone towards it.

Corpse handling is another huge issue people have noticed. Don't bother gibbing a corpse, just turn on the panic siphon and leave your victim over the scrubber bonus points if someone dies from o2 loss because they tried to drag the corpse out and got sucked in themselves.

It's easier to walk away from the singularity than it is from a siphon right now.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #107556

Oldman Robustin wrote:
Falamazeer wrote:

this is insanity
Yea it's pretty funny.

The round that prompted this was a Gang War with one panic siphon running (robocop AI pretty much wiped out security because "I'M HELPING") and one portable air pump turned on in test science. The siphon was keeping 4 members of security on complete lockdown (janitor slip spots helped), but the icing on the cake was that people who escaped the panic siphon and tried to hack the door to the Dominator couldn't do it because a portable air pump was running ~3 tiles away and kept sucking everyone towards it.

Corpse handling is another huge issue people have noticed. Don't bother gibbing a corpse, just turn on the panic siphon and leave your victim over the scrubber bonus points if someone dies from o2 loss because they tried to drag the corpse out and got sucked in themselves.

It's easier to walk away from the singularity than it is from a siphon right now.
The amount of times I've seen someone robust themselves with a baton or something because of space wind is pretty impressive too.

Lost count of how many times someone has clicked and been sucked in on the same tick and bam stun.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Re: Spacewind is now retarded

Post by MrStonedOne » #107756

Ya, When I made fastmos, I limited space wind to 1 movement per moved thing per second.

Cheri tweaked the space wind resistance variables a bit and flat out removed the timed nerf. I warned him about this, and he said it wasn't that bad.

When I made my scrubber buff PR, It kinda exacerbated this by accidentally making panic syphon faster than space, something i plan to tweak
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #107772

MrStonedOne wrote:Ya, When I made fastmos, I limited space wind to 1 movement per moved thing per second.

Cheri tweaked the space wind resistance variables a bit and flat out removed the timed nerf. I warned him about this, and he said it wasn't that bad.

When I made my scrubber buff PR, It kinda exacerbated this by accidentally making panic syphon faster than space, something i plan to tweak
Please tweak the wind itself, rather than the scubbers. I very much enjoy the new effectiveness of the air alarms, and that it is actually possible to clean up a mess and get people back to work before the round ends. It can even prevent a pointless shuttle call! Please do not move us towards the old, ineffective scrubbers.
Oldman Robustin

Post by Oldman Robustin » #107776

I'm not sure bout that Gunhog.

The wind is obviously an issue here but I had two rounds last night with a subverted AI that was quite proficient at mass-syphoning. The space wind was an issue, but the universal pressure damage across the station meant anyone without an EVA suit/hardsuit either had to find an area completely cut off from atmos (not easy when AI's bolting/shocking everything) or they would be dead within 5 minutes.

One round in particular it was a Gang War, and I made a science gang and subverted the AI. It was violent and there was a fair deal of fighting, but once the AI was on our side it was a flat-out genocide. Everything outside of science was being scrubbed and shocked, our gang never really left science and we killed probably 6-8 people at most but when we got our dominator victory a badmin detonated the nuke and literally me and my two remaining gangsters were literally the only ones left alive.

This was a prime-time busy round and the AI had managed to murder most of the station with panic syphoning. Syphoning is absolutely more lethal than plasma flooding now. I'm not saying it needs to go entirely, but tweak it down just a bit so that I have more than 3 minutes to navigate shocked/bolted doors and get a suit or a safe location before the entire station becomes an airless vacuum of spacewind and tears.
Actionb
Byond Username: Actionb

Post by Actionb » #107784

Keep in mind that scrubbers now have an extended range feature that can make them 8x more effective (I mean, it affects all the tiles surrounding the scrubber). They will be deadly even after a potential nerf - but you can weld scrubbers now too. I guess some rounds of AIs turning the station into a vacuum will teach people to seal the scrubbers. And at least the scrubber pins you down, making it easy to weld, whereas you just have no chance approaching a vent set to flooding.
That is one end of the spectrum...
... the other is that itty bitty pressure differential pushing every object around, making repairs in recently bombed areas a royal pain in the ass (put down an air pipe, see it go on a merry journey to the far side of the room).
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #107830

I was the AI in that gang round, and yeah scrubbers were hilariously powerful with shocked doors. The only people who could have conceivably shut off the scrubbers without getting shocked, the CE and engineers, were dead before they could get to suits.

It was AMUSING, but I killed more or less everyone who could have stood against the gang who subverted me, except for two enemy gang members who seemed to have some sort of pressure immunity.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #107862

If you're next to a solid object with dense or anchored and your hands are free you should be able to avoid spacewind
Cik

Post by Cik » #107914

yeah, scrubber effectiveness is beautiful probably only in a way habitual AI or engi/atmos players can see. scrubbing rooms of plasma WITH SCRUBBERS ALONE is now possible, where before it took an hour and a half to scrub a single room. spacewind is the problem, for god's sake leave scrubber/vent effectiveness alone!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #107977

oranges wrote:If you're next to a solid object with dense or anchored and your hands are free you should be able to avoid spacewind
this would make space even less hazardous than before when it comes to trying to re-enter a broken window/the airlocks in escape
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #108018

PKPenguin321 wrote:
oranges wrote:If you're next to a solid object with dense or anchored and your hands are free you should be able to avoid spacewind
this would make space even less hazardous than before when it comes to trying to re-enter a broken window/the airlocks in escape
who actually finds it fun to slowly get sucked out of a window and try and fight spacewind only to slowly freeze and die 2 tiles away from safety
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #108025

Shaps wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
who actually finds it fun to slowly get sucked out of a window and try and fight spacewind only to slowly freeze and die 2 tiles away from safety
I really dislike this argument, and here why:

Not everything has to be fun, some things are designed to make things more challenging so other things can be more fun. If a game is too easy, it has no appeal, no replayability.

"who actually finds it fun to die instantly from spikes and have to restart?" Well, the millions of users who play spelunky for one.

Now, does that mean spacewind in its current form is good? no, but find a better and less lazy argument.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #108028

There's a difference between something being "not fun" and being unintuitive and annoying as shit.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #108043

okay, fair enough point, let me rephrase. Is it really fun to die to something that you really can't counter without having very specific and hard to access gear, given how common of a threat that spacewind is? Breaches and atmos fuckups are so common that players are given emergency internals specifically so they can keep breathing when they run into a hole in the hull or need to grab a body that's right outside an airlock, but when it comes to space wind, you're pretty much hopelessly fucked just trying to come back into the station from space unless you have magboots or a space suit, which really sucks because of how it's fairly common to need to go out to space for a second to get a body or patch a window only to end up getting locked by spacewind and killed
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #108062

I have seen this before with the singularity buff. Since environmental factors have no intelligence behind them coders seem fine with making them absurdly near impossible to counteract on short notice deadly.

The power gaming traitor's crime wasn't killing everyone or ruining their rounds we will set up the game to do that to us near automatically, it was being capable of enjoying doing it.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #108113

Shaps wrote:okay, fair enough point, let me rephrase. Is it really fun to die to something that you really can't counter without having very specific and hard to access gear, given how common of a threat that spacewind is? Breaches and atmos fuckups are so common that players are given emergency internals specifically so they can keep breathing when they run into a hole in the hull or need to grab a body that's right outside an airlock, but when it comes to space wind, you're pretty much hopelessly fucked just trying to come back into the station from space unless you have magboots or a space suit, which really sucks because of how it's fairly common to need to go out to space for a second to get a body or patch a window only to end up getting locked by spacewind and killed
Think about what you just said.

Go out
into
SPACE.

Space is supposed to be fucking deadly and no, you should not be able to go out to space to retrieve a body or patch a window without shit being incredibly dangerous and risky. That's what hardsuits and EVA gear is for, that's why EVA is called "EXTRA-VEHICULAR ACTIVITY." These things become pointless if you can do without them. Plus, EVA isn't even hard to access anymore with current server policy, all you need to say is "AI open this door I've gotta retrieve a body" and you're in.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #108120

bandit wrote:
Shaps wrote:okay, fair enough point, let me rephrase. Is it really fun to die to something that you really can't counter without having very specific and hard to access gear, given how common of a threat that spacewind is? Breaches and atmos fuckups are so common that players are given emergency internals specifically so they can keep breathing when they run into a hole in the hull or need to grab a body that's right outside an airlock, but when it comes to space wind, you're pretty much hopelessly fucked just trying to come back into the station from space unless you have magboots or a space suit, which really sucks because of how it's fairly common to need to go out to space for a second to get a body or patch a window only to end up getting locked by spacewind and killed
Think about what you just said.

Go out
into
SPACE.

Space is supposed to be fucking deadly and no, you should not be able to go out to space to retrieve a body or patch a window without shit being incredibly dangerous and risky. That's what hardsuits and EVA gear is for, that's why EVA is called "EXTRA-VEHICULAR ACTIVITY." These things become pointless if you can do without them. Plus, EVA isn't even hard to access anymore with current server policy, all you need to say is "AI open this door I've gotta retrieve a body" and you're in.
I'm going to have to steal a quote.
Sometimes, space comes to Medbay
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #108148

This isn't about how deadly space should be.
It's about a seemingly inconsistent feature stunlocking you in place near space until you are dead. There is no challenge in pressing down a movement key for a minute or two as your only and last hope and as a very futile attempt to escape the wrath of spess wind. Sometimes you can clear a breach or get inbetween airlocks without problem - other times, you become Flubber bouncing all over the place.
The problems with the low resistance of things versus air pressure isn't just about you and a broken window leading to space. Vents set to flooding make the crew look like they have slept in a cryo tube full of gargle blaster for the last 8 hours. Even the tiniest bit of draft pushes items around, making simple repairs a pain in the ass.
I dare you to play miner or engineer and not get annoyed by space wind.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #108185

bandit wrote: Think about what you just said.

Go out
into
SPACE.

There is no 'risk' involved. There is shitty mechanics that mean you can't fucking move or do anything, and die while holding down a movement key.

Hell, yesterday I tried to SPACE a guy (unconscious HoS). I COULDN'T EVEN PULL HIM OUT THE AIRLOCK. Like holy fucking shit, I literally could not move his stupid ass body even into the airlock tile, since SPACEWIND would pull me out every time I stepped onto the airlock tile, leaving his body 2 tiles away. (I couldn't just throw him straight out because it would hit the station)

This is not interesting game play, or realism - it's just annoying, frustrating shit that no one likes.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #108190

Would making things that are being pulled immune to spacewind help, or do people just want less spacewind period?
Scones
Byond Username: Scones

Post by Scones » #108191

Less spacewind in general, considering it seems that we are not going to change how often shit is blowing up (And how FUCKING STRONG scrubbers are)
plplplplp WOOOOooo hahahhaha
Actionb

Post by Actionb » #108227

Kor wrote:Would making things that are being pulled immune to spacewind help, or do people just want less spacewind period?
Less space wind... like it was a couple of weeks back. Space wind has overtaken good ol' space slipping (You slip! x100) according to the 'oh-my-god-kill-me-now-this-is-too-annoying' scala.
Falamazeer

Post by Falamazeer » #108260

More methods to counter it, there are a few suggested options already
If you can touch an anchored item, like a vending machine or wall, it won't force you to move
If you're getting sucked, resist spam will throw you forward to try to escape it.
as well as making dragged items/people more resistant.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #108342

The first option doesn't help against the current DEATHSIPHONS that will ggnore anyone near them (in corridors it would be ok, but in rooms you'd still be fucked).
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #108371

played again the other day, a ripley drilled a hole in escape and a second later a conga line of food was being dragged from the chef's table all the way down the hall
while hilarious this is a bit silly and should be toned down
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #108384

I think with Fastmos, we may be forced to go the ZAS route and plonk in a bunch of extra airlocks everywhere, so poking a hole outside EVA doesn't space the janitor's closet, and Escape doesn't do nasty things to Meday