Cryogenic Sting OP

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
VACAXD
Byond Username: VACAXD

Cryogenic Sting OP

Post by VACAXD » #108272

Hello, I wonder if you think about doing something with Cryogenic Sting, kills too fast, and Hallucination Sting It lasts too long and becomes annoying
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Re: Cryogenic Sting OP

Post by TheNightingale » #108274

Cryo sting injects frost oil into you - it's only dangerous if you're in something temperature-regulating (like a firesuit, space suit or winter jacket), or you can't find coffee or a space heater in time.

(Yes, coffee is a hard counter to cryo sting.)
Falamazeer
Byond Username: Wootanon

Post by Falamazeer » #108275

Drink coffee if you get cold.
Changelings are already disgustingly weak, do not want to exacerbate the problem now do we?

That being said, I was told hallucinations can be reduced by a visit to the dorms to sleep, but if that's true I've yet to see it work.
Seems like an eternity no matter what, either that or everyone does what I do and dumps their whole chem stockpile in their victim.
Ham Sammich, beating a dead horse since 2010.
NikNakFlak wrote:....It's true...that is why I removed my forum avatar
lumipharon wrote:ass parasite was pretty meh when I tried it.
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #108278

It's not OP.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #108294

Synaptizine reduces the effects of hallucination stings, which is fantastic when someone manages to get the chemist to actually make some (never).
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #108297

i don't think it's broke. as it is since it doesnt' disable the target very quickly you might as well just use fleshmend to beat them to death with a toolbox, or mute+armblade. the situations where slowly killing someone is acceptable and/or desirable are few and far between, and because it doesn't stop them from screaming over the radio you will usually get a strong response of OMGFUCKINGLINGTIMETOKILL from security and a similar response from medical as long as there's a few of them.

i've never gotten much use out of it, like many parts of the ling's kit it's very subpar compared to mute+armblade
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #108305

TheNightingale wrote:Cryo sting injects frost oil into you - it's only dangerous if you're in something temperature-regulating (like a firesuit, space suit or winter jacket), or you can't find coffee or a space heater in time.

(Yes, coffee is a hard counter to cryo sting.)
Yea and this one rare item called "armor" that rumor says security wears from time to time.

Storytime:

>Be warden
>Out grabbing something in arrivals
>Begin tripping balls
>Meh fucking lings
>Get back to my office, notice my health dropping
>Haha stupid hallucinations, you're not tricking me
>Real actual crit within 30 seconds
>Fuck

Having said that, it's pretty much ALL cryosting is good for and I'm fine with it remaining a 'Security Death Sting' since its still super easy to treat/heal and chances are wherever the sec goes down from the cold it will be safe from you.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #108311

Only scenario where cyrosting is actually powerful outside of player ignorance is in the depth of space where you have to stay in your suit and can't drink coffee.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Post by invisty » #108315

Keep in mind that a lot of people don't know the coffee trick, or even where the nearest coffee vendor is.
Mime: Depresso
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #108316

CosmicScientist wrote:Cryosting kills? I thought it just made the target go oh I'm cold and taking damage, better run away from that person I was last stood next to, chug coffee which is anywhere on the station and stand near five other people I know aren't 'lings and scream I've being stung and I'm freezing until at least one other person understands what's happened.

Does it have a prick message?
No, I don't think any stings have messages now... although I'm sure blind sting might as well.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #108326

invisty wrote:Keep in mind that a lot of people don't know the coffee trick, or even where the nearest coffee vendor is.
Inside the station the take you armour/exo off trick is enough to make the sting very impotent.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #108333

Doesn't the sting cost something crazy like 40 chems to use or something

Hardly OP
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #108336

Cryosting varies between annoying and fairly useful - except in space where it's a ggnore.

Basically, it's fine.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #108949

Okay, so i checked and it costs 15 chems to use, that is exactly 1 full minute without chem glands and 30 seconds with. Considering how easily it can be countered by doing things such as drinking coffee or asking literally any bystanders for help and having them pull you, and the only situations where you won't get help are situations where the ling could just armblade you anyways, it's not really that powerful. Generally it will only be minorly annoying.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler: