Guardian Spirits

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Guardian Spirits

Post by onleavedontatme » #110132

They're now in the game, adminspawn only (read: telecrystal trade).

Looking forward to any and all feedback about playing with them/as them/against them.

Powers for those curious

Shared Attributes: Manifest/recall to hide in summoner/pop out to fight, private communication verb with summoner, invincibility (but transfers damage to the summoner, and dies if they die), limited range (pulled back to the summoner if they attempt to go too far).

Standard: Generic simple animal, does high melee damage, strong damage resist, can destroy unreinforced walls. Can set a battlecry to shout repeatedly on attack (default being ATATATATATATATATAT)

Fast: Same as the standard, but OLDSPEED, less damage resist, can't break walls, no battlecry

Shield: 100% damage resist, can't attack

Scout: Can't attack, very low damage resist, can move through walls/has infinite range

Fire: Ignites mobs when it bumps into them. Won't ignite it's summoner.

Bluespace: Fires teleport bolts, teleports mobs and objects on attack

Healer: Can't deal damage, heals on attack

Explosive: Can turn any object into a bomb by shift clicking it (with a cooldown). The next person to touch that object will set it off (will revert if not touched after a while, examining objects while close enough reveals they've been rigged).

Ranged: Spams very weak projectiles at very high speed.
Last edited by onleavedontatme on Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:17 am, edited 6 times in total.
invisty
Byond Username: Invisty

Re: Guardian Spirits

Post by invisty » #110139

These sound cool as fuck, more so if the guardian player is good at RP. I'll throw in an order if I ever actually roll traitor.
Mime: Depresso
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #110156

What sort of powers do they have?
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #110188

'Guardian Spirits'

Can we stop pretending and just called them stands? Anyways, I totally missed the round, but it sounds cool.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #110213

Add a "fury" one that has little/no attack delay...

Montyblancs
Byond Username: Montyblancs

Post by Montyblancs » #110236

Played a round with the healer spirit, helped me in my futile attempts to destroy the AI for that sweet sweet greentext and ended up bringing me back from crit about 3 times. Died on the escape shuttle to the fire spirit because the fire damage from that thing is stupidly high.

My spirit was talking to me before, but I hucked the deck of cards I pulled it from while panicking in some singulo wreckage, and after that it didn't say a word. Is it's voice tied to that, or did it just decide to stop talking to me?
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #110273

Fire needs some fixing. Maybe lower the amount of fire it sets you on? Or make the ignite on hit?

Also, how does the teleport Guardia work? Do the bolts just teleport randomly ala blink/hand tele/RD's armor?
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #110274

Good addition, can't wait to see it work in-game.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #110275

Amelius wrote:'Guardian Spirits'

Can we stop pretending and just called them stands? Anyways, I totally missed the round, but it sounds cool.
Dunno what you're talking about this is an an ORIGINAL GHOST DO NOT STEAL. If you wanna call them stands that's kind weird but cool I guess??
Montyblancs wrote: Is it's voice tied to that, or did it just decide to stop talking to me?
Stopped talking for some reason.
Pybro wrote:Fire needs some fixing. Maybe lower the amount of fire it sets you on? Or make the ignite on hit?

Also, how does the teleport Guardia work? Do the bolts just teleport randomly ala blink/hand tele/RD's armor?
Yeah it needs to deal way less damage. I'm having trouble balancing these because of their weird "if they get hit the summoner dies" mechanic. Don't want them to do so little damage as to just be a liability, but right now the fire one is over the top.

Also hard because I want to give them somewhat unique mechanics (like the bomb one), but interesting and strange often ends up overpowered. Still not sure whether this is meant to entirely replace an antags kit or supplement it either. How many TC/genomes would someone pay for one of these (when there is an appropriately tech themed version for the traitor, that is).

Teleport does it randomly, yeah.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #110277

Call em punchghosts.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #111027

[youtube]g-njtZmmUw4[/youtube]

Seriously though this sounds like a blast.
Mister_Doc
Byond Username: Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #111039

Seriously though this is a neat addition that I totally won't use every time I can.
Matthew Rockatansky: Shitsec extraordinaire
Vladek Sapowski: Trust me, I'm an engineer
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #111062

Can the Stand user/Stand itself name the Stand, or do they have generic/randomized names?
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #111110

Wasn't there a time stop chem reaction being worked on a while back?

So you could just plop that into one of these and have za warudo?
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #111153

Incomptinence wrote:Wasn't there a time stop chem reaction being worked on a while back?

>He doesn't know Time Stop is already in the game

Although you can't hurt someone directly has to be lasers shot into the time bubbles
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #111156

Cream's ability would be so OP. Just walking along when suddenly BZZZT, vaporized. Chef should totally be able to get Pearl Jam and make superfood.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #111170

Fuck spacemans can we be JoJo in space already.

Anubis when?
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #111174

Bombadil wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:Wasn't there a time stop chem reaction being worked on a while back?

Although you can't hurt someone directly has to be lasers shot into the time bubbles
I know it is in so I am perplexed as to why it isn't being used.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #111198

Incomptinence wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

I know it is in so I am perplexed as to why it isn't being used.
It doesn't properly account for posturing or monologs yet.

Spoiler:

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
>trucking

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #112190

No guardians have timestop because it's an uncounterable instant AoE stun.

Which I can vaguely justify by saying "science has to farm 30 minutes to get a limited supply" but it'd be too strong as an innate ability on an unstunnable mob.

Anyway has anyone actually gotten to play with these yet?
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #112191

I used the fire one yesterday. Seems pretty tame as it couldn't beat the det and the hos to death when they came after me on a tip off from another syndicate.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #112195

Incomptinence wrote:I used the fire one yesterday. Seems pretty tame as it couldn't beat the det and the hos to death when they came after me on a tip off from another syndicate.
I think I probably overnerfed it after the rampage Pybro was mentioning where I killed ~20 people in escape just running in circles igniting all of them.

Melee damage is only 10 right now, definitely should be a bit higher, or the firestack spread upped again.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #112196

Kor wrote:
Incomptinence wrote:I used the fire one yesterday. Seems pretty tame as it couldn't beat the det and the hos to death when they came after me on a tip off from another syndicate.
I think I probably overnerfed it after the rampage Pybro was mentioning where I killed ~20 people in escape just running in circles igniting all of them.

Melee damage is only 10 right now, definitely should be a bit higher, or the firestack spread upped again.
How about making it give firestacks on bump but only ignite on melee attacks, so you have to hit and bump someone to burn them?
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #112197

i had the opportunity to have one of these a while back in an admin event where i had to assassinate a few other people who also had guardian spirits.
spirits are totally fucking radical, and the battles i had with other people with their own spirits were super cinematic. summon magic should have a chance of giving 4~ people guardian spirits, along with making them have objectives to kill each other.

something you could fix: when i spoke telepathically to my spirit, i had no way of telling if he could hear me or not since my own message did not show up in my chat box.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #112237

Message shows up now. Does armor interact with fire stacks didn't mention it but the hos never even caught on fire despite repeated hits.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #112868

this might be a bit late but these things are fucking dope as hell
i dunno if they're really strong or i just got a robust spirit but it was hilarious to play with
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #112871

> See Guardian Spirit Murderboning at escape
> DANG THIS THING IS ROBUST
> Goes into space to protect itself
> Shuttle Arrives
> Guardian kills its master because it was on a tile where the shuttle spawned

10/10 Bananas This was hilarious :honkman: :honkman: :honkman:
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #112915

What if the summoner gets knocked out? Could you theoretically sit in a cryo tube and let your guardian beat the crap out of everyone nearby while you heal the damage?
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #112916

EndgamerAzari wrote:What if the summoner gets knocked out? Could you theoretically sit in a cryo tube and let your guardian beat the crap out of everyone nearby while you heal the damage?
your spirit is still alive & can move while you're in cit yeah
the problem is the spirit is a simple animal so you can't activate cyro
i love public logs
Spoiler:

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #112936

whodaloo wrote:
EndgamerAzari wrote:What if the summoner gets knocked out? Could you theoretically sit in a cryo tube and let your guardian beat the crap out of everyone nearby while you heal the damage?
your spirit is still alive & can move while you're in cit yeah
the problem is the spirit is a simple animal so you can't activate cyro
Although you totally could walk yourself into cryo and have your spirit kill everyone in medbay over and over.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #112942

what's the going rate in tc for these things anyway? they are very strong.

i like them though, haven't used one but they seem neat.
Mister_Doc

Post by Mister_Doc » #112944

I would love to see these be sprinkled in at round start to antags and nonantags, just for kicks
rdght91
Byond Username: Roadhog1

Post by rdght91 » #112945

The concept is cool, but I think they should more able to do things like scramble cameras, (weakly) stun/make people temporally drunk, hack open doors, make lights go out, make invisible walls, weak protective barriers or auras around their charge, unstun/uncuff their charge, turn off internals, that sort of thing, and be unable to directly attack people. It makes them a better asset to more unusual traitor styles and less useful to murderboning, and it'd be kinda cooler to have a ghost mess with you by turning off your internals, locking in you a hazardous area if you're going after the traitor/are his target rather than punching you death.
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #112946

i traded for mine for 17 tc
the next traitor round i got no response for my prayers for one sooooo
i love public logs
Spoiler:

One Seven One
Byond Username: OneSevenOne

Post by One Seven One » #112953

I got to play one of these in a traitor round and again in the wizard round right after.
I have to say being a guardian is fun as hell.

I really think they need a way to tell how much health their master has so they don't accidentally kill them and maybe for the punching ghosts they need to be incapable of attacking their own master/themselves so they don't accidentally kill them in a fight.

Maybe the guardian also needs a way to bring its master out of crit? Not from a full heal but just enough that they can get their master on their feet, maybe even have it on a long charge time so they can't do it in the middle of a fight and would have to risk being found.
Possibly with downsides like locking yourself from Manifesting/recalling for a while or a self sacrifice.
EndgamerAzari
Byond Username: EndgamerAzari

Post by EndgamerAzari » #112958

A non-combat guardian that can upgrade machines, emag them, or give you temporary access by punching them would be pretty sweet.
Spoiler:
Shaps wrote:I never thought I'd see the day where someone tried claiming the moral high ground on drinking a bottle of cough syrup
TechnoAlchemist wrote:dumb baby boo boo "i wish I enlisted then mom would be proud" ballistics.
Saegrimr wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Remove players 2016, they ruin everything they touch
IM TRYING
Saegrimr wrote:
yackemflam wrote:It's like dish washing, someone has to do it.
MAYBE IF YOU'D QUIT SHITTING ON THE PLATE WHEN YOU'RE TOO LAZY TO GET UP TO GO TO THE RESTROOM AND JUST PUT THEM IN THE FUCKING SINK WHEN YOU'RE DONE
FantasticFwoosh wrote:Zip ties are best applied on assistants and other nobodies because of the exact reason they are disposable (applies to both).
An0n3 wrote:Azari for headmin 2015
He's an admin you can trust because nobody remembers to involve him in their conspiracies.
Drynwyn wrote:hbrahlrlahrlharlahr FEATURE CREEP
ShadowDimentio wrote:Instructions too complex, spaced the clown
Akkryls wrote:I mean, we are rightfully pissed off, but let's be pissed off for the correct reasons.
Falamazeer wrote:I am sufficiently outraged for you
Maccus wrote:You look like the dad every teenage boy doesn't look forward to meeting at his girlfriend's house
nsos wrote:When I was a teen and did the inevitable trying to suck your own dick thing I managed to get the head in my mouth and I feel like the rest of my life is me being punished for that
miggles wrote:is that supposed to be a trick question or just a dumb one
cedarbridge wrote:My first idea is that everyone just stops being faggots to each other but that's not going to happen, obviously.
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Most soap operas could be improved if every scene had a greyshirt in the background hooting "GIBE DE POOSIE BOSS" all the time
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:classic style is "shit on everyone from the greatest heights, so they cannot climb high enough to shit on you"
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you can't just use meme to mean "thing I don't like" you goatherd
Saegrimr wrote:"lel just go explore make YOUR OWN fun wow do you have NO IMAGINATION back in MY DAY we used to shove twigs in our urethras and PRETENDED WE WERE KNIGHTS"
An0n3 wrote:Fucking crystal ass wind chime lookin' bitch.
Saegrimr wrote:It should be common sense but this is /tg/.
callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #112968

Just start at part 3 of JoJo's if you haven't already and start stealing shit from there if you have no ideas.
  • Improve food
    Upgrade/downgrade/deconstruct machines
    Possess vehicles and turn them into punch ghost robots
    Manifest vengeful ghosts
    Absorb attributes from things
    Turn people into other people/mobs
    Makes another person receive all damage instead of itself, still takes damage if its user is attacked or the other guy is
    Electric thing that randomly charges things around it, causes things nearby to go haywire and occasionally shocks people a little
    Electric thing that can posses machines and stuff
    Inter-dimensional fishing rod that can be used to grab random joke items and a sentient carp or something
    An infinite can of lemon lime soda that can leave the can in the form of a lemon lime punch ghost and flood stuff
    Miniature Nar-Sie

Spoiler:

>trucking

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:

Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #112977

really hoping that these will be made available to antags, normal taters/DAs wouldnt really fit from an rp perspective (though it'd still be awesome) but maybe cultists? as for cost my 2 cents is that it should be 20, unless they get huge nerfs they're pretty fucking good weapons/companions even if the stand isnt that robust, with a good player it'd be worth more.

also an idea: a kind of "physical" stand that cannot attack but can become...er, physical i suppose for a time, in which they can open doors/retrieve items/etc for their masters (for example, hitting the switch to break them out of perma or grabbing something from the armory for them). this would need to be limited in some way obviously, whether through range, duration, cooldown, or all of the above, but if implemented properly this could be a neat addition imo.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #112991

Based on some feedback (the ones that can't attack are no fun, more utility would be nice, some are too weak, etc) I've merged the ranged and scout guardians, and given it a new ability. It can now deploy surveillance traps which give it a notice when a mob walks over it.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/11262

Hopefully all of them will have a fun set of powers eventually now that the basic concept has been proven fun for most people. I realize some of the ones I churned out initially are a bit lacking/dull.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #113216

Also these things might be incredibly short lived if I can't come up to a solution to "replace blood with sulfazine, let your ghost punch everything"
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #113264

Well, if you can make burn, toxin, and maybe suffocation damage transfer to the host you'll need to replace your blood with some other chemicals, too.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #113309

maybe just not let your hp increase while your spirit is out of you
i dunno how hard that would be to code though
i love public logs
Spoiler:

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #113329

That would kinda defeat the point of healers.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #113350

well then make an exception for that one
i love public logs
Spoiler:

onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #113402

whodaloo wrote:maybe just not let your hp increase while your spirit is out of you
i dunno how hard that would be to code though
The human mob actually does not track the guardian at all. I was careful to avoid any checks for the punchghosts in human processing because adding snowflake checks for my weeb garbage to every human for every tick of the game would probably violate every coding standard we have.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #113449

Maybe the chem in question is too strong and should be removed I dunno not like chem is short on toys.
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #113466

Incomptinence wrote:Maybe the chem in question is too strong and should be removed I dunno not like chem is short on toys.
The check in question (styptic powder) is the only thing chemistry can make that reliably heals brute damage. Honestly styptic powder and silver sulfadiazine just need to process faster so you can't make yourself immune to melee damage for 5 minutes like you can currently.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #119851

Based on feedback and my own experience, healer and shield are fucking boring to play as. The most interesting to play (in my opinion) is the Ranged/Scout because it has utility other than just murdering things. With that in mind, I am reworking the guardians as follows.

Standard - Unchanged

Chaos- Combines Fire and Bluespace. Teleports targets on hit as well as igniting mobs on touch/bump. Will auto-extinguish its user every tick.

Ranged/Scout - Unchanged since they got combined.

Support - Can toggle between healing and combat mode (healing attacks/slow vs normal attacks/normal speed). Can mark a turf/leave a beacon and warp mobs/objects to it on shift+click (after a standing still delay twice as long as handcuffs). Hopefully kidnapping shenanigans.

Explosive - Unchanged.

So Healer got a new power/toggle to combat, Fire/Bluespace got merged, Fast and Shield got axed (for being redundant and boring, respectively).

Any additional suggestions/feedback before the PR/while its under review would be appreciated.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #119890

I'd also like to give them a test run in the traitor PDA soonish, I'm thinking at around 10-12 telecrystals so the traitor themselves isn't left naked. Would prefer to have a tech themed set of sprites first though, can't imagine paranormal things in the PDA will be very well received.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #119913

they're not paranormal, they're a manifestation of your soul's power that comes out if you strike a fabulous pose
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem