Slipping dealing brute damage.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Slipping dealing brute damage.

Post by TheNightingale » #125718

Slipping on something now deals brute damage. Lube, the Clown's PDA, and possibly other sources like water.
Can we have it so this doesn't happen? As great as 0.6 brute to each limb is, it means clowns can't go about their memeing without being arrested even more.

Think of the clowns. Make slipping painless.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: Slipping dealing brute damage.

Post by Bluespace » #125720

Literally the most fucking annoying thing to exist.
Even more so when someone uses up a medley because their paper doll is yellow.
I play Boris Pepper.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #125734

Lubes always caused damaging stun iirc, but the new water Dam is irritating
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #125754

Shit change, all it does is cause problems and minor annoyance. Only redeeming feature is that i can beat lizards to death without the AI objecting more often
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #125755

lube slips doing damage is probably for the best but normal slipping really shouldnt deal any brute.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #125761

Make it do exactly 1 brute
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #125767

very irritating as a medical doctor to have people come in and shove me out of the way and try to cryo themselves or use up all my medical supplies or demand i sleeper them to heal them up. if you are going to retain this incredibly minor source of damage then people need to be able to heal their bruises with a healthy glass of milk to repair their slightly jostled bones.

lubeslip should still hurt cuz you go FLYING.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #125769

Slip damage from water is fucking retarded and so is the time you stay down from it. Even goon nerfed slips from water to like 1 second
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #125841

I would say that this is a realistic feature (try running across a slick wet smooth metal floor and see what happens), but it's pretty gay and adds nothing of value.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #125865

Let's not discuss the stun duration otherwise shitflining will happen.

Water/clown PDAs/bananas never used to do damage. It's just irritating and adds nothing to the game. Lube damage is fine.
DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #125966

lumipharon wrote:I would say that this is a realistic feature (try running across a slick wet smooth metal floor and see what happens), but it's pretty gay and adds nothing of value.
Realism isn't much of a reason to keep something. Lots of things spessmen do are unrealistic, like not having knees.
Amelius wrote:Let's not discuss the stun duration otherwise shitflining will happen.
No one was talking about it. Of course you'd be the one that gets nervous about slipping nerfs :^)
Joking, but yeah way to tempt fate
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #125974

The real issue here is asimovs can valid the fuck out of lizard janitors now.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #125998

yeah fuck slipping doing damage it's pretty shit
it never does anything worthwhile for combat and all it's ever accomplished has been getting clowns their asses handed to them because they made somebody's health doll the wrong color
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #126056

Damage from slipping is annoying and unnecessary. Slips are already too strong even without the damage.