Holoparasites

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Holoparasites

Post by onleavedontatme » #136789

Bottom post of the previous page:

Does everything in the game really need the same counter strategy though?
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #136793

The stun strategy doesn't really work if the user is a Hulk tbh
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #136797

> People still think holoparasites are OP.

Maximum keks.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #136798

Anonmare wrote:The stun strategy doesn't really work if the user is a Hulk tbh
Hulk also breaks the game when combod with healing viruses/chems, ablative/shield, space lube, etc.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #136799

Amelius wrote:> People still think holoparasites are OP.

Maximum keks.
They're probably gonna be removed entirely soon unless I nerf them or raise the cost
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #136806

I don't think they are op per se, I would go with more just a tad strong. Traitor combat stuff should be just a tad strong. More of a fine tuning thing.

Who is talking about putting up a removal pull by the way? That sounds way too extreme.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #136808

Maximum keks.
They are simply better than anything else a traitor can buy.

"kek"
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #136811

Kor wrote:

Maximum keks.
They're probably gonna be removed entirely soon unless I nerf them or raise the cost
Kor please don't.
Or there will be no way for the average traitor to be intimidating, because everything else requires the player to be decently robust, and most players aren't.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #136815

Zilenan91 wrote:I'm talking like crowds of assistants. One standard versus eight unarmed assistants, and the stand is gonna win if it's not retarded or in an enclosed space. The fact that numbers mean nothing against these (and for one stand, its strength is with crowds) is stupid because everything else about traitors are balanced around there being no allies to the traitor. If they get swarmed, they are dead, and these turn that around and it's shit.
this isnt even true, last night i as the clown along with the mime and another loyal assistant killed Dante when he had a holoparasite
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #136816

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:I'm talking like crowds of assistants. One standard versus eight unarmed assistants, and the stand is gonna win if it's not retarded or in an enclosed space. The fact that numbers mean nothing against these (and for one stand, its strength is with crowds) is stupid because everything else about traitors are balanced around there being no allies to the traitor. If they get swarmed, they are dead, and these turn that around and it's shit.
this isnt even true, last night i as the clown along with the mime and another loyal assistant killed Dante when he had a holoparasite
It all depends on whether you can get stun the host and beat him to death while dragging him away. A (non retarded) holo can make that VERY difficult. Also a traitor can just gear up with other lethal gear. A traitor that has some form of weapon and a holo is a multitude stronger than an armed traitor with basically any other combination of traitor items.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #136817

CPTANT wrote: They are simply better than anything else a traitor can buy.

"kek"
The traitor arsenal was lacklustre before they came prompting several sec nerfs. Strong items on traitors is a better choice. Look at the single esword, well known for just being disarm spammed off you then used to beat you to death outclassed by the stun baton and mostly just plonked into a double esword for the deflection on its own the single esword was only really stand out in cloaker or mass slip strategies long ago. It was almost always a finisher. If you are going for a single target I actually find carp to be more effective as they are super cheap and expendable.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #136819

Revolvers are super robust because they can 2 shot people, which is pretty easy to do.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #136823

As a concept, I'm cool with holos, but the standard one is just so boring and does too much for its cost.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #136832

Standard could just be removed really the statline of the bomb holo is close enough and it has a really fun ability so no point nerfing standard and keeping it.

Crowbar firelock trap is funny as fuck having it pop out again to set their dropped personal items to explode afterwards while a guy tried to act all savvy because he saw my holo do it then blew himself up anyway was funny as hell.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #136842

I think I'll remove the standard from the uplink. All the others have a utlity function but the standard is pure random murder for the most part.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #136851

W H Y

W H Y

That's what it's supposed to do! Do you remove the esword because it's only use is to kill? No.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #136861

But you can stun or disarm people who use an esword. Standard parasites are just flat out better because they can't be stunned, they can eat up stuns, take 50% less damage, can body block for you, and also do only 2/3 of the damage an esword does. They're just better in every way.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #136872

I'm not quite pro removal just saying it would be pointless to nerf it.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #141485

Buff the explosive trap holoparasite. Probably by reducing the cooldown on it.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141486

Yeah the explosive parasite is hella weak. The way to fix it would be to limit it to one bomb, and make that bomb last forever, not the retarded 20 seconds it is currently.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141489

Trapping objects isn't too bad at the moment - it stuns someone, letting the owner jump them. What if it could place different kinds of traps? Ones that do damage and explode, ones that stun everyone nearby, ones that mute, ones that set poison over time?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #141491

Saegrimr wrote:Buff the explosive trap holoparasite. Probably by reducing the cooldown on it.
I was thinking of giving it 3 max charges, and having it restore 1 charge per 20 seconds, rather than a straight cooldown.

Stands are pretty much on a knifes edge in regards to being nerfed or removed though so I'm afraid to work on them.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #141494

TheNightingale wrote:Trapping objects isn't too bad at the moment - it stuns someone, letting the owner jump them. What if it could place different kinds of traps? Ones that do damage and explode, ones that stun everyone nearby, ones that mute, ones that set poison over time?
It doesn't even stun, if it does it's really short. I laid a trap on a locker that clearly had a dead body in it, mime opens it and takes a slight amount of damage and his mask and shoes are blown off. Loads of prep time = Weak pay off while the other stands barely need prep time and get plenty of mileage.
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #141502

Kor wrote:Stands are pretty much on a knifes edge in regards to being nerfed or removed though so I'm afraid to work on them.
Stands have always been hyper-cool, it's like the STEEL REHN recently added to Ops. These antagonist classes should have powerful, unfair, bullshit ways to kill the average person. Yeah, SS13 is as game about an Assistant almost always having some chance to disarm/rush/kill the uber threat, but an antagonist should be threatening.

And it adds that awesome 'you have a buddy' mechanic, which IMO is a better way to 'get more people involved in a round' then mass conversion antags.
RIP
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #141507

We could make different types of holoparasites cost different amounts of TCs.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #141513

explosive parasite should have a more devastating explosion, kinda like a minibomb but minus the gibbing. it relies entirely on somebody else picking it up independently of you, so it should really have a little more oomph.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141514

I think it's fine currently. The explosion as of right now is RnG, meaning it can either do next to nothing or put someone very very close to crit and blow off all their clothes. If it breached floors it would be massively OP because of KOs and pressure loss.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141516

Hibbles wrote:
Kor wrote:Stands are pretty much on a knifes edge in regards to being nerfed or removed though so I'm afraid to work on them.
Stands have always been hyper-cool, it's like the STEEL REHN recently added to Ops. These antagonist classes should have powerful, unfair, bullshit ways to kill the average person. Yeah, SS13 is as game about an Assistant almost always having some chance to disarm/rush/kill the uber threat, but an antagonist should be threatening.

And it adds that awesome 'you have a buddy' mechanic, which IMO is a better way to 'get more people involved in a round' then mass conversion antags.
Stands are fucking sick why do you want to throw great work away because like two buttblasted people want them removed

Like seriously I've heard no talk of stands being OP outside of some buttblasted assistant getting nuked by one and bitching in deadchat
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #141517

Trick to explosive parasite is that when you get someone with it their clothes get busted and they drop all their shit.

So then you can set their backpack to explode while they are out to be extra mean or I dunno be boring and punch em.

It is really hard to get off though. I had to trick people with crowbars but some item intensive jobs are sorta vulnerable I guess.

Healing up stand damage is maybe a bit too easy, I mean most of the pretty bad incidents a guy hopped up on goofballs and anti-aids burst out of medbay.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141528

I've murderboned several times and I was never hopped up on drugs. I just wasn't shit and horded tazers.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #141548

Explosive holo is so ridiculously gimped that I wonder why traitors still choose it. They can only put one bomb at a time, it expires after 30 seconds and doesn't even crit the target (it used to, maybe it was nerfed). This means you have to select something your target will likely use in 30 seconds, wait around until he triggers the bomb, then hope you're fast enough to finish him before he can scream on radio. At this point you can just use any other traitor weapon instead of a very expensive holo, or another holo that comes with better firepower and abilities.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #141551

I combo'd it with chamo projector and we just kept reapplying it to the trap item when no one was looking.

If you actually trap something people want it is devastating. Blowing their clothes off putting them halfway to crit with a good chance of knock out.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #141789

The battlecry could be reworked to be less stupid.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #141790

Holoparasite is not op, it's just cheap. It's another case of "forced teamplay" that seems to be at the core of tator design philosophy these days.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141791

Lumbermancer wrote:Holoparasite is not op, it's just cheap. It's another case of "forced teamplay" that seems to be at the core of tator design philosophy these days.
oh yes, an option that you have to specifically choose in your uplink and that's right next to the dozens of other options that allow you to do things alone is definitely forced teamplay
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #141792

Not in literal sense of the word, but by making teaming up as traitors much less effortless.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #141799

>an option you can always choose not to take

>force teamplay

>forced

>you can choose not to do it

>FORCED
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #142419

Lets just misuse words so that they make our case sound better
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz