Implant rejection is bullshit

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Implant rejection is bullshit

Post by Helios » #126650

Implant Rejecting is fucking bullshit, as it is an automatic method of saying "nope, you're dead".
There doesn't need to be evidence of you being an antag, you're automatically killed.
Even if you're a gangleader who hasn't converted anyone, and the Head of Security and Captain storm in and stun cuff you because someone spraypainted a hallway, then get implanted, and that implant is rejected?
Automatically executed.
Even if you're a shadowling who hasn't killed anyone, hatched, if you get implanted, nope, you're automatically dead.
A revhead who hasn't converted anyone? Nope, if you're walking by the brig, they grab you, stun you, try to implant you? Nope, you're dead.
They take out all fucking subtelty from the game. As Rev, when you get implanted you can't remember anyone but the person who converted you. But that doesn't mean that's how sec will find out how the rev heads are, it'll be implants.
Why the fuck does Shadowling resist implants anyways? Hell, if we take out pre-hatch thralling, we better fucking get rid of the implants getting rejected because that's fucking bullshit
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Re: Implant rejection is bullshit

Post by Shaps-cloud » #126658

I ded pls nerf

Maybe as rev/ganghead you shouldn't be running around doing things where sec can see and capture you? I mean, if you want to make loyalty implants completely useless and take away their one use (making sure whoever you implanted isn't still a rev/gangster) go ahead and try, but that just means sec will execute and gib everyone they capture on the spot
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Helios

Post by Helios » #126661

Shaps wrote:I ded pls nerf

Maybe as rev/ganghead you shouldn't be running around doing things where sec can see and capture you? I mean, if you want to make loyalty implants completely useless and take away their one use (making sure whoever you implanted isn't still a rev/gangster) go ahead and try, but that just means sec will execute and gib everyone they capture on the spot
You're posing a false dichotomy and you know it.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #126664

We took the subtlety out because otherwise security ends up murdering the wrong people and then getting banned and nobody is happy
Helios

Post by Helios » #126666

Kor wrote:We took the subtlety out because otherwise security ends up murdering the wrong people and then getting banned and nobody is happy
Why don't officers just interrogate people after implanting them for information?
Helios

Post by Helios » #126669

Why DO shadowlings reject the implant though?
Rev Heads are brainwashed by the Syndicate to overthrow the station because they want it taken over.
Gang Leaders reject it because they're brainwashed by gangs who want to take it over.
Shadowlings reject it because of ???
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #126670

Helios wrote:Why DO shadowlings reject the implant though?
Rev Heads are brainwashed by the Syndicate to overthrow the station because they want it taken over.
Gang Leaders reject it because they're brainwashed by gangs who want to take it over.
Because, like changelings, they aren't even vaguely human. Or even from this dimension
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Redblaze3000
Byond Username: Redblaze3000

Post by Redblaze3000 » #126672

They are horrible aliens that want to end all life once they ascend. why would implants work on something thats only goal is to kill everything?
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #126673

Because no antagonist is going to say anything if they are implanted?

I know you are upset that you died because you got caught being sketchy in maint, completely naked, after attacking an officer.

Next time be more careful not to have your location shouted out!

We need implants to prevent slaughter in team antag modes.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #126674

Every interrogation with a revhead ever:
"Are you a revhead?"
"No lol"
"Welp that's all I got"
Helios

Post by Helios » #126675

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
Helios wrote:Why DO shadowlings reject the implant though?
Because, like changelings, they aren't even vaguely human. Or even from this dimension
Changelings don't reject implants though
Redblaze3000 wrote:They are horrible aliens that want to end all life once they ascend. why would implants work on something thats only goal is to kill everything?
Changelings are horrible aliens that want to eat the entire station. Why do they work on Changelings?
Helios

Post by Helios » #126679

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Because no antagonist is going to say anything if they are implanted?

I know you are upset that you died because you got caught being sketchy in maint, completely naked, after attacking an officer.

I can't stop him from shouting out my location because I'm a lawyer, and can't take out comms
I'd ascend and stop him from shouting out but I couldn't because for the last 5 minutes some player kept following me in maintenance corridors so I couldn't ascend, because that person kept following me
I couldn't kill that person, so I could ascend, because that person would shout, and then the station would come after me instantly.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #126680

On another note, I wish cultists rejected implants so that there was an actual way to tell if you got a heretic with you. Currently you just see people ditching their tomes in their base and either not carrying any paper at all, or carrying a briefcase full of it as like a lawyer or something. It makes the round drag on far longer than it reasonably should because sec can't prove if people are a cultist without contraband, and just murdering everyone anyway will get them banned just like pre-implant revs.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #126681

Helios wrote:
TechnoAlchemist wrote:Because no antagonist is going to say anything if they are implanted?

I can't stop him from shouting out my location because I'm a lawyer, and can't take out comms
I'd ascend and stop him from shouting out but I couldn't because for the last 5 minutes some player kept following me in maintenance corridors so I couldn't ascend, because that person kept following me
I couldn't kill that person, so I could ascend, because that person would shout, and then the station would come after me instantly.

Then just walk around for a while. There's nothing saying you can't just go do your job for a while and come back when the coast is clear, this is why shadowlings start off as humans in the first place. If you seriously think someone is metagaming/metagrudging you then ahelp it and walk away.

On another note why the hell are you in maint as a lawyer. Change your clothes man good god, you look shifty as fuck walking around there as a lawyer.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Post by Alzam » #126682

Zilenan91 wrote:On another note, I wish cultists rejected implants so that there was an actual way to tell if you got a heretic with you. Currently you just see people ditching their tomes in their base and either not carrying any paper at all, or carrying a briefcase full of it as like a lawyer or something. It makes the round drag on far longer than it reasonably should because sec can't prove if people are a cultist without contraband, and just murdering everyone anyway will get them banned just like pre-implant revs.
Holy water.
Alzam
Byond Username: Alzam

Post by Alzam » #126683

Anyways, OP. If you were smart you would have stunned the guy following you then neck grabbed him before he had the chance to shout out your location and you would have had an easy thrall since he was willing to follow you into maint. Sorry you didn't think outside the box and got owned for it.
Helios

Post by Helios » #126686

Shaps wrote:Every interrogation with a revhead ever:
"Are you a revhead?"
"No lol"
"Welp that's all I got"
"that guy testifies that you converted him to the revolution"
"well he's lying"
"he's a security officer."
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #126692

Alzam wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:On another note, I wish cultists rejected implants so that there was an actual way to tell if you got a heretic with you. Currently you just see people ditching their tomes in their base and either not carrying any paper at all, or carrying a briefcase full of it as like a lawyer or something. It makes the round drag on far longer than it reasonably should because sec can't prove if people are a cultist without contraband, and just murdering everyone anyway will get them banned just like pre-implant revs.
Holy water.

That's assuming you have a chaplain, and many times there actually isn't one. This means you have to order the horribly overpriced religious supplies crate from cargo that gives a whopping three deconversions and useless bibles that can be printed out of the library infinitely. If you don't have the chaplain literally the only way to deal with cultists is to methodically kill and gib anyone who does anything ever, otherwise at least two of them will escape and they'll convert a whole department like rats all over again, keeping the round going when it should just end.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

DaemonBomb
Byond Username: Daemonbomb

Post by DaemonBomb » #126696

Helios wrote:"that guy testifies that you converted him to the revolution"
"well he's lying"
Why would a rev testify against their rev head? Unless, in this hypothetical situation, he was deconverted, in which case that's breaking the big words that say that you don't remember who the other revs are.
Zilenan91 wrote:snip
I kinda wish the game checked for a roundstart chaplain before choosing the roundtype, but I'm pretty sure it chooses antags before choosing jobs so roundstart-loyalty implanted players will have an equal chance at getting antag.
I guess we could make the game choose a chaplain, then roll antags, then all other professions, but that sounds fucking horrible.
I guess HoPs can close all positions but chaplain in the event of a cult....
Roze Armitage/Sid Spades/GHEDE.loa
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #126698

I guess, but that's assuming that ever gets into the meta, and also assuming cults don't space the null rod every round.

Hell, this is what Lifeweb does. Every round they have "cult" in the form of Thanati who can do rites and shit, and every round there has to be an Inquisitor to stop them, so that's how they balance it. I did actually suggest basically remaking our cult into lifeweb cult a while ago, where the chaplain will actually have a point in stopping the heretics from doing stuff. Would need an entire rework to it, but it wouldn't be that hard, really just re-purposing code that's already there.
Last edited by Zilenan91 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Helios

Post by Helios » #126699

DaemonBomb wrote:
Helios wrote:"that guy testifies that you converted him to the revolution"
"well he's lying"
Why would a rev testify against their rev head? Unless, in this hypothetical situation, he was deconverted, in which case that's breaking the big words that say that you don't remember who the other revs are.
Zilenan91 wrote:snip
I kinda wish the game checked for a roundstart chaplain before choosing the roundtype, but I'm pretty sure it chooses antags before choosing jobs so roundstart-loyalty implanted players will have an equal chance at getting antag.
I guess we could make the game choose a chaplain, then roll antags, then all other professions, but that sounds fucking horrible.
I guess HoPs can close all positions but chaplain in the event of a cult....
The text says "You remember nothing[remove_head ? "." : " but the name of the one who flashed you."
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126704

We have definitely had this thread in recent weeks. Without implant rejection sec needs to kill literally every rev to end the round because any of them could be the rev heads and they have no way to tell. If this was removed rev would be literally unwinnable for heads without mass murder
Please adress this, rev cannot actually function without implant rejection
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Helios

Post by Helios » #126708

Wyzack wrote:We have definitely had this thread in recent weeks. Without implant rejection sec needs to kill literally every rev to end the round because any of them could be the rev heads and they have no way to tell. If this was removed rev would be literally unwinnable for heads without mass murder
Please adress this, rev cannot actually function without implant rejection
We've had Rev rounds before implants.
"You remember nothingbut the name of the one who flashed you."
Just convince revs to fess up who converted them.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #126710

Snitches get Stitches. And also get reconverted.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126711

what about when you catch that guy? Even if he is a revhead he can just lie and say so-and-so converted him and you have no way to prove otherwise, so once again you have to kill them all to be safe?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Helios

Post by Helios » #126713

Wyzack wrote:what about when you catch that guy? Even if he is a revhead he can just lie and say so-and-so converted him and you have no way to prove otherwise, so once again you have to kill them all to be safe?
What reason would the deconverted person have to lie?
They'd have a reason not to snitch, but not one to lie
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #126715

wait are you suggesting rev heads be able to be deconverted?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #126716

They'd have a reason not to snitch, but not one to lie
W h a t
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Helios

Post by Helios » #126718

Wyzack wrote:wait are you suggesting rev heads be able to be deconverted?
No. Just a return to how things worked before Implants
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #126740

Helios wrote:
Wyzack wrote:wait are you suggesting rev heads be able to be deconverted?
No. Just a return to how things worked before Implants
Before implants was years ago. Not only would the removal of implants force security to gun down the entire station when gangs are discovered, but, as what happened in old rev rounds, sec/heads would gun down the entire crew mercilessly in some sort of bizarro TDM. In fact, only recently have I noticed that for some reason officers aren't just shooting everything that moves with lethals when rev is confirmed once they run out of implants.

Feels hugbo x yo.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #126774

>Obligatory Git Gud.

But seriously, implant rejection is the only thing that gives rev/gang some semblance of structure. One of people's biggest gripes with modes like sling (before implant rejection) and ling currently is that often there is literally no proof that someone is antag when caught. So security can't do anything shrug and let someone who is almost certainly an antagonist back onto the station, not because the antagonist played smart, but because sec didn't want to get banned for killing someone.

With implant rejection, if you get caught while a revhead or gang leader, you're asking for it. Don't get caught, then. Sling is a bit of an outlier, and I'd argue that they shouldn't reject implants, but sling has some other problems that need to be sorted out, and I don't think it's that. And if security is organized enough to be raiding departments that early, good for them. Sec usually gets shithoused in both gang and rev anyway, more power to them if they manage a respectable resistance.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #126775

Rev has a 82% win rate as of late, so I wholeheartedly disagree with even touching loyalty implants.
tuypo1
Byond Username: Tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126788

im pretty sure you dont remember who converted you.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #126793

Rules tend to be all over the place but last time this was brought up you could only remember the person who converted you and no one else.

Though I might be wrong as again, these rules change often.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126795

i can agree rules change a lot (fucking hulks and assimov)
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #126831

Something that might be apt to note that most people don't recognize, is that 'balancing' each mode so every group has a 50% chance of winning is not always the way to do things. I, at least, find things are invariably far more fun and interesting if it's an uphill battle for the protagonists - it gives more meaning to victory and so forth. That said, not EVERY mode should be like this.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #126836

It depends on the antag as well as the context.

A Nuke Op team winning is very different to a singular Traitor winning for example.

Nuke Ops for example have a overall 60% to a 55% win rate, however in the few (eight) rounds that are have 60 people the win rates plummets to 12% and even a 0% win rate on extreme high pop (70+)

Revolution on the other hand now has a 81% win rate for the Revolutionaries, and this win rate remains constant among all population levels with only small differences. The lowest win rate being 66% win rate on really low pop.

But overall it seems for most antagonists that they have around a 30% win rate. Such as Cult, Traitors, Wizards (more like 8%), Changeling and Malf.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #126839

all of you have overlooked the most crucial part of this:

even if you get rid of implant rejection, security would STILL be able to meta, because the revhead wouldn't have a "________ looks like they've recovered their true allegiance!" message. unless you are suggesting that implants will de-revhead revheads. which is an interesting idea but IIRC rev code as it currently works will just make a new revhead out of a late arrival
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #126845

Helios wrote: Changelings are horrible aliens that want to eat the entire station. Why do they work on Changelings?

They got human DNA or some shit in them which belonged to whoever the fuck they absorbed to sneak on the station which tricks the implant into thinking they're a loyal crew member. Meanwhile the shadowlings are beings from another fucked up dimension or something and their fucked up genetic makeup keeps the implant from working properly or some shit like that. I dunno it's fucking canon now though.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126851

i agree some things should win more often then others nuke ops should be about 50 percent rev should be about 95 percent most other things somewhere between 30 and 70 im not sure exactly for each mode though.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #126854

tuypo1 wrote:i agree some things should win more often then others nuke ops should be about 50 percent rev should be about 95 percent most other things somewhere between 30 and 70 im not sure exactly for each mode though.
>revs should have a 95% average winrate

are you fucking joking mate
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #126856

Well they're pretty damn close to 95% if not already.

It depends somewhat on the population.

Rounds with 30 to 39, 50 to 59 and 70 to 79 people have either a 88% or a 100% win rate. (Most rounds fall into here)

The lower wining chance timesare for 20 to 29 people, where the win rate is 66% 40 to 49 has a 75% win rate.

When you look at it, its hard not to be surprised with these results. You've got a lot of the station versus a few members of command staff, and the few members of security. Your hoping Security are manned enough to put up a fight and for the Command staff to not only not be understaffed but not get killed to quickly. Which is what happens, with most rounds lasting between 5 (ish) to 30 minutes.
tuypo1

Post by tuypo1 » #126936

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:
tuypo1 wrote:i agree some things should win more often then others nuke ops should be about 50 percent rev should be about 95 percent most other things somewhere between 30 and 70 im not sure exactly for each mode though.
>revs should have a 95% average winrate

are you fucking joking mate
no im not rev should be a question of how long the heads can survive not if.
rockpecker
Byond Username: Rockpecker

Post by rockpecker » #127006

bandit wrote: even if you get rid of implant rejection, security would STILL be able to meta, because the revhead wouldn't have a "________ looks like they've recovered their true allegiance!" message. unless you are suggesting that implants will de-revhead revheads. which is an interesting idea but IIRC rev code as it currently works will just make a new revhead out of a late arrival
Two options here:

1. Revheads are trained to resist loyalty implants. They would look in every way like they're being de-revved. That message displays, the implant does stay inside them (so they show up on sechuds as implanted) and the revhead now gets to pretend they've been cured of their brainwashing and think of someone to blame for it.

2. Loyalty implants really do cure them. In that case the rev code would need to be changed to NOT just appoint a new revhead, so that you can beat the revs this way. Strategically it works just like now, except that the former revhead gets to live.

I like #1 a little better, in that it encourages some roleplay and strategy, and I'm afraid #2 would lead to it being de facto illegal for security to execute a known rev because "you're supposed to implant them".
Remove the AI.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #127008

Revs don't RP out killing sec officers and heads of staff, why should sec and the heads be held to a higher standard for something they lose most of the time anyway?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #127011

You guys never realize what you are asking.

If implants don't work on head revs every rev caught will just be executed.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #127015

I can just make it fake being loyalty implanted if they're a head rev
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #127019

iamgoofball wrote:I can just make it fake being loyalty implanted if they're a head rev
Then how are the heads supposed to ever win? Once again, this means I will just execute every rev I get my hands on.

yay!
Last edited by CPTANT on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #127020

But that means you can't trust anyone you loyalty implant because you have no idea if they're a headrev waiting to murder you - which leads back to killing everyone.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #127026

but thats the fun part