New New New New New^50 Cult Feedback Thread

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Re: New New New New New^50 Cult Feedback Thread

Post by Luke Cox » #141055

Bottom post of the previous page:

invisty wrote:
Basically, we remove conversion, and turn cult into a magic version of
nuke, with a small team of stealth elite cultists that have to build a
base in the station and sacrifice people in order to build an army of
constructs and get materials to eventually summon Nar-Sie.
A team [gangsters] that have to [secure areas] in the station and [pen] people in order to build an army of [gangsters] and get [influence] to [plant a dominator].
A team [xenos] that have to [secure areas] in the station and [facefuck] people in order to build an army of [xenos] and get [big enough] to [overrun the crew].

All too similar, tbh.
This is my main issue with the mode. I'm fine with overlapping qualities between antags, but each team antag group needs to have a distinct mechanical attribute or feel that makes them unique. For example:
Ops: Carnage and chaos (bombs, shotguns, general mayhem)
Gang: Clandestine operation and bunkering (conversion, setting up a dominator location)
Cult: Building and growth (Sacrificing, building constructs, getting a cult "factory" going)

Right now, it feels like gang with magic.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #141062

I fucking warned you that people wouldn't like it, and now look where you are.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #141072

Rev - hit critical mass via conversion to win
Shadowling -hit critical mass via conversion to win
Gang -hit critical mass via conversion to win
HoG - hit critical mass via conversion to win
Oldcult - hit critical mass via conversion to win

Oldcult overlapped far more than newcult
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #141162

Yeah there's actual strategy in current cult. You gotta plan out your forts to be as defensible as possible while attempting to grow your construct army.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #141181

I like everything about new cult up to the part where the station goes Delta. It feels too forced and un-cultlike. Rework or remove that shit. If a cult can really hide long enough to build a giant ass shell by killing a dozen people, they deserve a silent and swift victory.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #141182

Zilenan91 wrote:Yeah there's actual strategy in current cult. You gotta plan out your forts to be as defensible as possible while attempting to grow your construct army.
You mean like, in gang?
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #141185

lumipharon wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Yeah there's actual strategy in current cult. You gotta plan out your forts to be as defensible as possible while attempting to grow your construct army.
You mean like, in gang?
In gang, you can just spam recruit pens. In this cult, losing a single cultist can be devastating. Gang is haphazard as fuck and I kind of like it for that. Gives it a unique feel.

With the giant Narsie shell, how about instead of the station going Delta, weird cult shit starts happening all over the station as it starts to wake up, with the occurances getting more intense the closer you get to the shell? You'd get messages about feeling weird when you're far away, and more frequent hallucinations and fainting spells the closer you get. Holy Water or other chaplain items could protect against this, and having to both locate the shell and prepare for the assault will give cult more time. Much more flavorful and interesting, and it makes it feel substantially different from gang or ops.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #141205

Luke Cox wrote:
lumipharon wrote:
You mean like, in gang?
In gang, you can just spam recruit pens. In this cult, losing a single cultist can be devastating. Gang is haphazard as fuck and I kind of like it for that. Gives it a unique feel.

With the giant Narsie shell, how about instead of the station going Delta, weird cult shit starts happening all over the station as it starts to wake up, with the occurances getting more intense the closer you get to the shell? You'd get messages about feeling weird when you're far away, and more frequent hallucinations and fainting spells the closer you get. Holy Water or other chaplain items could protect against this, and having to both locate the shell and prepare for the assault will give cult more time. Much more flavorful and interesting, and it makes it feel substantially different from gang or ops.
Yeah, like Gellar Field going down shit
Walls becoming a pile of gore and so on. This can be meta'd, but if the comms are down it makes it more difficult
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141206

Honestly the defend time is already really really short as is, if it doesn't announce that the cult threw down its win condition it's gonna be really hard for the crew to fight against it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #141210

Zilenan91 wrote:Honestly the defend time is already really really short as is, if it doesn't announce that the cult threw down its win condition it's gonna be really hard for the crew to fight against it.
Increase the defend time (5 minutes or so, maybe even more) and make a ton of weird and dangerous shit happen as you get closer to the shell. Gravity turning on and off, hallucinations, fainting spells, EMPs, shades of the sacrifice victims attacking you, etc. Coms and even all radios stop working, and requests consoles short out. It would get more and more intense as you get closer to the shell. Far away, it would be weird. A room or two away from the shell, it would be deadly without some limited form of protection from the chaplain. Once the cult gets to that point, they should have the upper hand.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141240

Luke Cox wrote:
lumipharon wrote:
You mean like, in gang?
You mean like HoG, with losing the prophet guy?
Losing one guy who is critical to your success, who may or may not be a fucking retard is not good gameplay.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #141249

lumipharon wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:
lumipharon wrote:
You mean like, in gang?
You mean like HoG, with losing the prophet guy?
Losing one guy who is critical to your success, who may or may not be a fucking retard is not good gameplay.
How are the random runes distributed? I wouldn't mind having it so that cultists "buy" runes like traitors buy gear.
TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Post by TheWulfe » #141269

I've noticed in a lot of rounds cult usually just sacrifices exclusively braindeads and suicides. It's getting kind of lame for both sides. I didn't like LOLWIN stunpaper, but cult really knows that anyone who's gonna get captured the conventional way will immediately scream out, it sort of forces them to do it.
killerx09
Byond Username: Killerx09

Post by killerx09 » #141271

Why can't we have both currentcult as a lowpop gamemode, and oldcult as a highpop gamemode?
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #141273

yeah, having to make stunprods as an antagonist is pretty lame.

i've only played it once and we were basically carried by an engineer that put comms on a signaller and handed us all stunprods, but without those you're basically SOL as far as i can tell.

if stunpaper is really as bad as everyone seems to think, it needs to be replaced by something else more fair, but not having something to incapacitate people out of the box isn't really an option.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #141296

TheWulfe wrote:I've noticed in a lot of rounds cult usually just sacrifices exclusively braindeads and suicides. It's getting kind of lame for both sides. I didn't like LOLWIN stunpaper, but cult really knows that anyone who's gonna get captured the conventional way will immediately scream out, it sort of forces them to do it.
This happens for a plethoria of reasons:

1. Mutes are hard to obtain (only in curse runes) and not portable. People may or may not have those runes or apply them in ways that other people want to apply them. Communication barriers in this sense are just frustrating and make general base planning a nightmare. Keep in mind only four letters have to be uttered to fuck a cult - 'CULT!'

2. Stunprods are a required implement to capture anyone for most cults, barring the chemist or doctor here or there.

3. Sacrifice runes are entirely limited by supply papers and the detection of which or the remains will result in a red-alert shuttle call immediately, meaning you essentially have to work out of a central base.

4. The cult starts very small, weak and mostly unexpandable, they have an absurdly difficult effectively unrestartable (you start back at square 1 with a new statue) objective that they have to fufill with severely limited resources, and in order to acquire enough forces to defend for 4~ minutes, it takes around an hour or so, by which BoHs, bombs, and other such equipment will cockblock the cult from any sort of victory.

Stun landmines and such barely help when they only work in combination with veil talismans, and even then you need to back that up with a curse and pray that there isn't another person there. Not there? Cult will be announced and 7 bored sec officers (HoS, 5 officers, and the detective) will converge on your location along with every validhunter on the station. RNG runes are generally awful, especially for core objectives like sacrifices.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #141304

When are we reverting this?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141344

I think a lot of people seem to be looking at cult the wrong way.

What you need to do is set up a stun rune that's hidden in a maint hallway, then you all need to hide in lockers and shit around it. Wait for some poor fuck to run over it, then you beat him to death before he can react. YOU DO NOT CAPTURE PEOPLE IN NEWCULT

Let me make this clear

YOU DO NOT CAPTURE PEOPLE IN NEWCULT

You murder the fuck out of them then sac the dead body.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #141362

Zilenan91 wrote:I think a lot of people seem to be looking at cult the wrong way.

What you need to do is set up a stun rune that's hidden in a maint hallway, then you all need to hide in lockers and shit around it. Wait for some poor fuck to run over it, then you beat him to death before he can react. YOU DO NOT CAPTURE PEOPLE IN NEWCULT

Let me make this clear

YOU DO NOT CAPTURE PEOPLE IN NEWCULT

You murder the fuck out of them then sac the dead body.
And I said that it's impossible to do that sort of thing for four good reasons. I mean shit, four letters is all he needs to get out to fuck the cult, and cultists don't have anything powerful enough to instacrit like that. You have to waste precious supply to place sac runes, so it's not like those are expendable either and thus are placeable throughout the station.

And you seriously think that someone is going to run over a rune if you block only half the sprite given the vibrant colours they use?
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141363

The hide rune makes runes invisible to non-cultists from what I remember.

Though really one cultist needs to spawn with sac quite badly because it's probably very frustrating to have to waste supply talisman charges on them.

EMP runes/paper disables headsets so abuse the fuck out of those if you can. Also consider improvised pneumatic cannons full of glass because those are quite effective at killing people.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #141370

Random runes seems to be such a big issue with newcult that its hard to judge the other aspects of it properly.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141393

>hm I wonder what this wierd red rune looking thing is under all this random shit
>oh well, lets just walk over it
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #141394

All cultists should start with a few base runes (sac, tome, etc) and be able to buy more through the talisman.
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #141487

1. Can't communion while cuffed.

2. No convert mechanic. Now its just the shitty part of gangs and the shitty part of wizard mixed together.

3. Narsie having a mortal shell is shit lore.

Ive been a successful cult and a fail cult, and I can safely say NEW CULT SUCKS.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #141488

kazeespada wrote:
That has been unofficially true forever though. It's why it's sprited the way it is
kazeespada
Byond Username: Kaze Espada

Post by kazeespada » #141505

Kor wrote:
kazeespada wrote:
That has been unofficially true forever though. It's why it's sprited the way it is
Back in the day, that monster used to just claw his way out of the fourth dimension like it was no ones business. All he needed was nine cultists, no stupid shell.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #141506

Kor wrote:
kazeespada wrote:
When I joined back in 2013, the rune was "Summon Nar-Sie". The word "summon" implies that they're being brought as a whole from somewhere else, not put into a shell, which would be closer to something like "retrieve" if they needed it to begin with.
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #141533

I like to imagine its that Nar-Sie can't truly physically manifest, so instead a badass ritual statue is made as a conduit through which the Geometer Of Blood can channel a fraction of itself into and influence the material plane
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #141543

There is a reason it's sprited to look like a construct. Can ask Ausops about his head canon if you don't believe me.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #141573

kazeespada wrote:
Kor wrote:
kazeespada wrote:
Back in the day, that monster used to just claw his way out of the fourth dimension like it was no ones business. All he needed was nine cultists, no stupid shell.
back in the day Nar-Sie was literally an asshole, now only figuratively

tho as much as I like an unfathomable sprite for a thing that should not be, summoning their elder god into a construct does fit cultists a bit more
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141920

So after playing in like three new cult rounds, all of which were apocalyptic failures, I can safely call new cult FUCKING AWFUL.

It's comparable to nops in how the team needs to work together to succeed (usually), but the BIG difference is that nops are a very LOUD antagonist and cult is a very quiet one. If nops are confirmed, the crew jumps into action and the two fight pretty evenly. If cult is confirmed (usually in new cult by one of the group being stupid and getting caught), the others are usually fucking nuked in no time flat thanks to powergaming shitcurity members searching everybody they see.

Example: Virologist got caught in maint in the most recent round and was randomly searched (shoutouts to random searching still being allowed by the way) and got caught with cult shit. He was dragged to perma where he ghosted out of frustration. Later, after cult was confirmed thanks to him, shitcurity was in maximum powergame and one went to mining and waited. Time passes, until one of the miners showed up where they got random searched as well, where it's found that the miner had murdered and sharded the other miner. The miner is then executed.

The phrase "You are only as strong as your weakest link" comes to mind, and that's shit.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141922

Cult really needs armor and weapon runes round start. They also need stun confirmed because it's impossible to do your job without it.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #141924

Here's an idea for our coders:

1) Bring back oldcult, tweak the values you're not happy with (e.g. Stuntalisman ranges from OP to useless depending on how it lasts)

2) Take newnewcult and HoG cult and put two half-assed modes together into one potentially viable mode

3) Consult experienced players before forcing this untested shit down our throat in the future
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141928

Oldman Robustin wrote:Here's an idea for our coders:

1) Bring back oldcult, tweak the values you're not happy with (e.g. Stuntalisman ranges from OP to useless depending on how it lasts)

2) Take newnewcult and HoG cult and put two half-assed modes together into one potentially viable mode

3) Consult experienced players before forcing this untested shit down our throat in the future
1) Stun talisman would be great because it could serve to silence and hold people still while you dragged them off to sacrifice

2) Good idea

3) Yes hello hi I'm an experienced player ready to consult new gameplay stuff
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141929

If you still abduct people alive in this version of cult you're doing it wrong. You just kill people now and sac the dead bodies.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141930

Then give an incentive to sacrifice living people.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141931

There was never a difference for saccing living people before, why would there be now
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141943

There's only ever been the traitor gamemode why should we make another

Sound argument
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141947

Saying "sac the bodies" implies that you can insta kill a guy before he can type 4 letters.
I don't know about you, but I can type cult a lot faster then someone can stab me 3-4 times.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141948

If you're going to kill someone, don't do it in a way that gives away your cult status. Stab them to death with a kitchen knife, don't club them with an arcane tome or cult sword. They might get out ";HELP SCI MAI-hurk!", but that's a lot better than ":s CULT RD-blargh!".
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141949

You want to know the funniest part about removing the stun talisman? It didn't even change anything. Now you just stunrod and EMP talisman them for an easy, silent kill.

So uh, congratulations on that.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #141951

Really don't like new Cult. I hated Construct Cult and now the new mode forces it and it makes me just want to go braindead when being sacced. Constructs are boring. RNG runes are annoying and frustrating. No conversion means Cultists are important, but if they're incompetent or new then the Cult's doubly fucked since they can't get new members to offset the ones who are bad.

It'd be fine as it's own mode but replacing Cult with it was just straight bad in my humble opinion
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141953

lumipharon wrote:Saying "sac the bodies" implies that you can insta kill a guy before he can type 4 letters.
I don't know about you, but I can type cult a lot faster then someone can stab me 3-4 times.
Hit them in the chest

Cul-HURK
CUL-HARK
CUL-HURK

dead
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #141958

I've made several posts about how I think this mode can be improved, but I'd like to consolidate all my ideas into one post:

- All cultists start with a set of basic runes and can buy more with their tome, like traitors with uplinks
- Emphasis on building a base/construct factory
- No delta
- Replace delta with paranormal activity that increases in intensity as you get closer to the shell
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141964

Zilenan91 wrote:
lumipharon wrote:Saying "sac the bodies" implies that you can insta kill a guy before he can type 4 letters.
Hit them in the chest

Cul-HURK
CUL-HARK
CUL-HURK

dead
gee, glad you've solved the age old issue of people calling for help.
Glad that no one in the history of the game has been able to call for help as they get beaten or stabbed to death, and that everyone is a super slow typer.

Oh. Wait.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141968

Seriously though, so long as you can down them without exposing yourself as blatantly cult you can get away with a lot of shit, especially if you're an unknown.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #141988

Zilenan91 wrote:
Hit them in the chest

Cul-HURK
CUL-HARK
CUL-HURK

dead
>turn on hotkeys mode
>hit T
>type "HELP" into the box
>the bug that makes you un-HURK-able with this was never fixed
>scream help like the powergamer you are
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141989

Wait really? Wow that's really shitty
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #142044

I could see a mute rune being useful but reasonably balanced
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #142051

Also, it's not fucking powergaming if the security team searches a virologist in maintenance. You've got to assume they will, because they're not out to get killed.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #142097

Zilenan91 wrote:There was never a difference for saccing living people before, why would there be now
Yes there was, for most of cult's existence it was preferable to sac the living for guaranteed shards or free rune words.