NukeOp general gunprice renovation

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

NukeOp general gunprice renovation

Post by J_Madison » #141718

Post feedback here.
Added to uplink:

Bundles:
C20r bundle - 14 TC.
M90gl bundle - 15 TC.
Bulldog bundle - 16 TC.
Medical bundle - 15 TC.
Sniper bundle - 20 TC.
Chemical bundle - 30 TC.
C20r ammo bundle - 20 TC
Fireteam (c20r, m90gl, 40mm grenade, sniper rifle) ammo bundle - 24 TC.

Items:
Bulldog shotgun - 8 TC.

Price changes (Reductions only):
C20r - 14 to 10 TC.
M90gl - 18 to 12 TC.
Toy C20r - 8 to 5 TC.
Toy L6 SAW - 12 to 10 TC.
Viscerator delivery grenade - 8 to 5 TC.
Dark Gygax exosuit - 90 to 80 TC.

Price changes (Increases only)
Syndicate Cyborg - 50 to 80 TC
C20r magazine - 2 to 3 TC.
Bulldog ammo bag - 10 to 12 TC.
M90gl magazine - 2 to 4 TC.
40mm grenades - 4 to 5 TC.

Added items (NOT PURCHASABLE CONVENTIONALLY).
Spoiler:
Cheap suppressor.
Tactical turtleneck suit.
I wanted to promote the use of less well known weapons, hence why the bundling of several toys.
The idea is to be able to purchase a weapon, no matter what, without blowing a good amount of TC.

These numbers are based on a 60 player game.

All bundles are price efficient. You will always save TC when purchasing a bundle.

Bundles contain:
C20r bundle
1 C20r smg
2 C20r magazines
1 Cheap suppressor

M90gl bundle
1 M90gl carbine
1 M90gl magazine
1 40mm grenade box
1 Syndicate brand cigattes

Bulldog bundle
1 Bulldog shotgun
1 Bulldog slug drum magazine
1 Bulldog buckshot magazine
1 Elite Gorlex Marauder hardsuit

Medical bundle
1 Syndicate magboot
1 Tactical first aid kit
1 Donksoft L6 SAW
1 Foam dart box

Sniper briefcase
1 Sniper rifle
1 Soporific magazine
1 Haemorrhage magazine
1 Cheap suppressor
1 Tactical turtleneck suit
1 Red tie

Chemical bundle

1 Bioterror chem sprayer
1 Syndicate chemical kit
1 Syndicate Minature syringe gun
1 Donksoft C20r
1 Box of syringes
1 Box of foam darts
1 Bioterror foam grenade

C20r ammo bundle
9 C20r magazines

Fireteam ammo bundle
4 C20r Magazines
2 M90gl magazines
1 40mm grenade magazine
1 Sniper magazine

To do later:
Add PDW.
Add doorbreaching slugs.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/13818
Last edited by J_Madison on Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Re: NukeOp general gunprice renovation

Post by TheNightingale » #141720

I'd suggest swapping one of the four C20r mags in the fireteam ammo bag for a couple of Bulldog drums instead.

Then you could do C20r/M90gl/medical/sniper/bulldog and a fireteam bag for 104TC, leaving 36 (I think?) left for emags, C4 and other essentials.

==140TC==
* C20r bundle (14)
* M90gl bundle (15)
* Medical bundle (15)
* Sniper bundle (20)
* Bulldog bundle (16)
* Fireteam ammo bag (24)
* Emag x5 (30)
* C4 x8 (8)
* Energy dagger (2)

With the two C4 from the shuttle, each Operative can get an emag and two blocks of C4, as well as a bundle kit of their choice and extra ammo.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #141721

Might want to put in the OP what is in each bundle, but it looks good.
Amelius
Byond Username: Amelius

Post by Amelius » #141722

80 TC for a borg is just way too insane of a price to ever consider one. There's literally no reason to buy a borg now that snipers are IG - their entire purpose is replaced by a single sniper rifle with one mag of penetrator rounds which is around 15~ TC. EDIT: Plus, you can just buy two reinforcements and arm them with the remaining 30 TC. No emags on them, but it's still MUCH more cost effective than a single borg that dies to a single flashbang.

Don't make ammo any more expensive. There's no reason for it when ops are already well limited by storage space. I mean, in one case you're doubling the price

The bulldog ammo bag is no longer cost efficient at that pricepoint, since it has 5 slugs, 1 taser, 1 fire, the fire one being mostly useless. Compare to buying it directly, which nets you 6 slugs. Given that ops are all about killing people, and the taser doesn't directly add to your firepower, and it's basically 1:1.

What comes in a 'bundle'?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141723

The ammo price increase is offset by the huge price reduction of the guns themselves, not to mention the bundle deals.
You'll only be worse off if you're buying like 8 mags or some shit.

m-90 for example

Old price:
gun = 18
3 mags = 6tc
1 nade box = 4tc
total = 28tc

New price:
bundle (gun, 1 mag, 1 nade box) = 15tc
2 mags = 8tc
total = 23tc

You need to get 6 spare mags total (which is way more ammo then you're realistically going to need) for the old prices to be better.

That's (edit: almost) enough tc saved for an emag - and personally I only get 2 spare mags, which means even better savings.
Last edited by lumipharon on Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #141725

I'll take a look into it tommorow morning.

The shotgun really is a versatile gun, it'd be a shame if nobody uses that versatility.

In addition to that, the shotgun is actually one of the only ways for an Op to access a ranged taser stun.

With the M90gl carbine, I rarely see people purchase more than 1 or 2 additional rounds to the carbine.

Additionally I factored in the price of the magazine. In retrospect an empty C20r actually costs 7 TC. Unless someone was to purchase ammo en-masse, and even so, if the ammo was a concern there can be the already ready PDW addition to offset that.

The borg price was long awaited. The borg should now focus on it's real role of being an assault Cyborg without risk to Syndicate equipment rather than a crutch to kill an AI.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #141726

I do buy like 8 spare mags though. Never enough ammo for the grey tide.

I think we could have tweaked the borg numbers instead of taking a sledghammer to it and gone a bit lower than a 60% increase.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #141728

but another crutch was added to immediately replace it

furthermore, the borg is really pretty bad at assault considering a single flashbang is ggnore, a single flash is ggnore and borgs can't be stunned and are resistant to being shot.

likewise even a roboticist can ggnore you if they get a little lucky.

you seem personally offended that something can kill the AI which is a little weird, i play AI and i don't care.

why does it matter if it's the syndiborg that does the job? kor added an uncounterable sniper rifle which is cheaper and effectively can't be interfered with

is that okay? your whole mentality confuses me. please lay out why the ability to kill the AI that will basically fuck the ops over a thousand times is a bad thing
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141729

Buy the c-20r ammo bag, then just stam stun nerds and apply flamethrower.
Enjoy escaping fire while slower then a snail.

Also the pr adding meteor shot light will make the bulldog way more useful, and gives a viable way to deal with AI shittery other then round start killing it.

Edit: Now that you can get suppressors for the c-20r free, I can finally go full tacticool, powersink the station and go in with suppressed guns and nvgs.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141731

Ops get 140TC, right? How about 70 for Assault borgs and 50 for Medical? Syndie Mediborgs are fun,
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #141733

They're classed as the same item currently.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #141734

The change is nice and all but until the bulldog is removed as free standard issue then this is all a moot point.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141735

Steelpoint wrote:The change is nice and all but until the bulldog is removed as free standard issue then this is all a moot point.
Pretty much. OP said he was going to do something about that though.

Also as I mentioned in the pr, with the tc reduction of the gygax, on high pop rounds, you'll be able to deploy double gygaxes. If you use the war button... oh lawd, mech wars time.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #141736

Afaik it should be out of the shuttle. Or it better be.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #141752

lumipharon wrote:
Steelpoint wrote:The change is nice and all but until the bulldog is removed as free standard issue then this is all a moot point.
Pretty much. OP said he was going to do something about that though.

Also as I mentioned in the pr, with the tc reduction of the gygax, on high pop rounds, you'll be able to deploy double gygaxes. If you use the war button... oh lawd, mech wars time.
5-man mech squad the DREAM.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #141757

Cik wrote:but another crutch was added to immediately replace it

furthermore, the borg is really pretty bad at assault considering a single flashbang is ggnore, a single flash is ggnore and borgs can't be stunned and are resistant to being shot.

likewise even a roboticist can ggnore you if they get a little lucky.

you seem personally offended that something can kill the AI which is a little weird, i play AI and i don't care.

why does it matter if it's the syndiborg that does the job? kor added an uncounterable sniper rifle which is cheaper and effectively can't be interfered with

is that okay? your whole mentality confuses me. please lay out why the ability to kill the AI that will basically fuck the ops over a thousand times is a bad thing
As a frequent AI player, I find being abruptly removed from the round with no ability whatsoever to prevent this from happening to be incredibly frustrating. I'm fine with losing sometimes, that's part of the game. I'm not fine with every nuke round being an instant ggnore for me that cannot possibly be stopped regardless of preparedness or precautions. At that point, why not just put a "instantly kill the AI" button in the operative uplink?

That said, thermals + sniper rifle + penetrator rounds = a hell of a fun time, so I'm okay with penetrator rounds existing, but perhaps the should only be able to penetrate 1 wall rather than an unlimited number.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #141758

It's all on AI power, the AI has the highest capacity among any role to fuck the Ops 6 ways from Sunday, so there needs to either be a lot of ways to easily kill it, or the AIs power reduced.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #141767

Or you could I dunno buff the ops.

Refund the default guns into the TC they get there guns are completive with each other.

Honestly there is no reason not to make nuke ops shop your own team they start off Z in perfect safety. I was totally serious when I suggested space suits optional.
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #141768

Drynwyn wrote:but perhaps the should only be able to penetrate 1 wall rather than an unlimited number.
The point is that it's a significant TC investment for the sniper rifle, and the penetrator rounds themselves are by no means cheap enough to spam.

They would hardly be worth it if they could only penetrate one wall, given how many walls there are on the station and how few bullets you actually get. It's like 5 TC or something crazy a mag, and you get only a few shots.
Incomptinence wrote:Honestly there is no reason not to make nuke ops shop your own team they start off Z in perfect safety. I was totally serious when I suggested space suits optional.
This would be cool. Give every operative however much TC it costs to buy an op hardsuit (8 I think) and then it actually becomes a viable option upgrading to a better hardsuit, since it's just a small additional cost on top of what you'd already pay. Remove all the hardsuits from the shuttle except a single basic syndie hardsuit. Remove the free bulldogs/primary weapon, give them enough TC to get an average gun (C-20R works) and a single mag in exchange. It's important that all these TCs go onto the individual uplinks instead of the pool though. This also means you can actually have weapon diversity without fucking your TC pool for no reason.

Honestly, cost-wise it should be traitor hardsuit -> op hardsuit -> elite -> shielded.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #141775

I'm thinking off topic it would be amusing to remove the starting Nuke Op hard suits and instead tie in Op hardsuits with the gun bundles, with each armour having a unique visual appearance based on the weapon bundle. Thus someone using the stock C20r would maintain the standard apperance, someone using the Chemical appearance would have a more chemical warfare looking helmet, etc.

In addition this means that its viable to buy a upgraded Hardsuit since your stock Hardsuit comes free in the bundle.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #141779

Amelius wrote:Honestly, cost-wise it should be traitor hardsuit -> op hardsuit -> elite -> shielded.
Yeah with mechs basically being the extreme of that since they are you know space proof to begin with.
Cik

Post by Cik » #141783

As a frequent AI player, I find being abruptly removed from the round with no ability whatsoever to prevent this from happening to be incredibly frustrating. I'm fine with losing sometimes, that's part of the game. I'm not fine with every nuke round being an instant ggnore for me that cannot possibly be stopped regardless of preparedness or precautions. At that point, why not just put a "instantly kill the AI" button in the operative uplink?

That said, thermals + sniper rifle + penetrator rounds = a hell of a fun time, so I'm okay with penetrator rounds existing, but perhaps the should only be able to penetrate 1 wall rather than an unlimited number.
obviously i empathize but literally nothing has changed. if you detect the syndiborg really early you can actually counter it, whereas the sniper rifle can ggnore you through like half the fucking map and you can't do jack about it.

it's actually gotten worse hasn't it

i don't understand how people have problems with the syndiborg but not the phase sniper

confusing
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141784

Because the only real problem is the AI being OP as fuck against ops to the point that they NEED hard counters like this.
Syndie borg being too cheap is another thing altogether.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #141788

I really am not quite sure ops have no recourse against AI.

I mean c4 isn't perfect but it is cheap now and quick use of the of the emag while it can be hard countered can just stuff things up too quickly for the AI to meaningfully react if it is by surprise and since they are untraceable by default it normally is. Mechs while gaining a ton from crowbar support can still punch through regular walls right?

A rapid C4 device that regens C4 charges as a reasonable speed at a decent price could just cap off the station wrecking aspect that effects the AIs potency and they have access to EMP kit but maybe a pure emp grenade pack or reusable emp device could help in screwing with the cameras. A refinement of traitor anti AI gear could serve a similar purpose instead of designing the AI to basically be deleted. Syndiborg was probably a mistake at its previous cost made people spoiled on this aspect of nuke.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141808

The AI has more doors to bolt then you will have c4 (unless you just have 100 c4 and no guns).
10 seconds+ per door while you're trying to get the disk utterly cucks ops.
Cik

Post by Cik » #141865

yeah theoretically you can get through the doors or walls or whatever but consider the likely scenario

captain+bodyguard leaves to the other end of the station (and they know your position because the AI / borgs are harrying you)

validsquad+security converges on your position

you pause at every airlock on the way there, waiting 10 seconds at every single one, all the while having to travel through firelocks that the AI is constantly shutting in front of you and behind you.

meanwhile the captain has total freedom of movement. once you start to succumb to the attrition of constantly having spears thrown in your general direction, captain + bodyguard closes and destroys you.

ops live and die by a blitzkrieg strategy, you need to move in a straight a line as possible directly to your target, kill it and then head as straight as possible back to the exit. if you ever stop you're likely to get encircled and then you're going to get fucked.

the only exception is if you are in lowpop or there is no sec for whatever reason, then you can probably go as slow as you like but that's more a problem with ops not scaling to population.

c4 in it's current state is a complete non-starter as the backbone of op's access strategy.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #141866

>cheap suppressor

What's the difference to a normal one, again?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141869

The cheap suppressor was made in Space China, and they misspelled the "Syndicate" marking on the side ("Syndaicte"). They have the same function, though.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #141888

Do we really need to speed up c4 for you people sheesh.

There are two areas the AI has low control maint and space C4 at all sorts of places can break back into them. 2 bitz of C4 beat a main bolt down of an entire quadrant of tunnels etc, yeah it is a risky bottleneck but hey you could go back into space at any time too.

Killing the AI should be an option not a prerequisite crutch, just like going head on with sec to begin with in an open battle at brig to kill them is an option but you don't expect it to always work guaranteed on a silver platter.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141889

Killing the AI is NOT an option. Captain hides in the bridge, two sets of bolted depowered doors on each side, blast doors, rwalls everywhere, as well as the crew which is likely walking in the hallways around there. There is absolutely no way for Ops to deal with AI bolting without it being killed.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141890

What if operatives could buy an "elite emag" that unbolts and opens doors? Problem solved; operatives can now ignore the AI rather than killing or subverting it.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #141894

HG tried to code this but it got shot down.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #141895

It would leave the AI without shit to do

Which would suck
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #141898

Why all these bundles? Can't we just balance the costs first without throwing in all sorts of combinations?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141900

The bundles are so we can have TF2... IN SPACE!
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141938

Door breach rounds are literally in a pr as we speak. Once they're available for the bulldog then that's a non 'kill the AI' solution to bolted doors everywhere.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141939

The fun thing about door-breaching rounds is that they don't actually work on all doors (if they're like meteorshot).

They push the door away from you. In sets of double doors like the Bridge...
(X is a wall, || is empty space, {} is a door)

X || X
{} || {}
X || X

Turns into...

X || X
|| {} {}
X || X

If you push the door into another door, have fun getting through. (You could stand north or south of the first door and shoot it away, then shoot the last door, I suppose, but that lets you be crushed in the blast shutters.)

What if they deleted or force-opened doors they hit, rather than pushing them away?
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141940

afaik, it makes the doors non anchored after hitting them, so you can just drag them out if they get stuck like that.

Can't guarantee this is correct, but I'm 99% sure this is how meteor shot works.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #141942

Okay, that's pretty good. It makes them a good barricade during combat too - drag an unanchored door behind you to stop bullets (and lasers, if it doesn't have glass). The Bulldog makes a great utility/all-purpose gun - high-damage slugs for targeted attacks (e.g. shooting down the HoS), buckshot for close-quarters combat, dragonsbreath for area denial, bioterror for efficient assassinations (bioterror shells exist, right?), taser shells for stuns, and breachers for access.

Also, fun fact - if you can get an operative's Bulldog, you probably don't have time to swap the pin out - but unload it and keep the ammo drum. You can use it on riot and combat shotguns to quickly reload them without juggling shells (one click = one shell transferred from the drum to the shotgun).
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #141945

I managed to repin a SAW with a loyalty pin once. That's what ops get for being slow fucks.

Edit: Shaps says that meteor shot doesn't unanchor airlocks, but that's not a big deal honestly, since as you said, it only effects a very small number of airlocks.
Edit2: After some testing in the thunderdome, meteorshot gets cockblocked if you put anything behind the airlock (locker, a person etc etc).

To make this viable, it either needs to unanchor the airlock, or simply make it destroy/wreck the airlock, since as it is, it's super counterable.
Amelius

Post by Amelius » #142031

lumipharon wrote:or simply make it destroy/wreck the airlock, since as it is, it's super counterable.
This is what it needs to do. It would be unwieldy and not an alternative to raping the AI if you couldn't just shoot and go.
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #142054

So you want to kill the AI? You're a solo nuke op? You will need:

* Energy Shield

* Two bricks of C4.

* A weapon.

* Optionally, magboots, tools and an emag.

Head to the southern half of the AI satellite. Smash or tool your way through the grille and maintenance corridor. C4 into the core chamber, twice if you picked the wrong wall. With energy shield up (helpfully blocking taser/laser shots), smash open the glass or emag the windoor. Then, walk up to the AI and kill it. Magboots may be useful if it's activated its foam in time, but it probably didn't.

In the event of energy shields not working for this, a double-esword will be fine.
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #142056

Operatives get a free intelliCard in their shuttle. If you're in the core as an operative and you're not in imminent danger, card it instead for style points.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #142082

Ok, what if ammo was just freely available at the base, like, you could stuff your pockets full with whatever you want?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #142083

It'd work on Bay, but they have rules against gunning down the entire station. We don't, so the ops would just gear up with bags of ammo and shoot everyone within a ten-mile radius.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #142085

Is that really as bad as it seems?

Ammo is really cheap as is and from people I talk too the biggest killer of Ops is usually running out of ammo.

Swapping to this Box gun system but making ammo free might be a interesting change.

It'll be easy to revert so eh give it a shot.
J_Madison
Rarely plays

Post by J_Madison » #142089

Apparently ops had ~10 tc shaved off their pool because of a bug.

Is this true? if so, I'm more inclined to add in a 10 tc uplink to compensate and to facilitate purchase of weapons.

If people are a all that against the complete removal of the bulldog, how about removal of four. That way there is a free shotgun for special purposes (door breaching, taser slugs, fire slugs).
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #142154

TheNightingale wrote:It'd work on Bay, but they have rules against gunning down the entire station. We don't, so the ops would just gear up with bags of ammo and shoot everyone within a ten-mile radius.
Yeah, but when you think about it..
When it's nuke, the round revolves around one thing, blowing up the station.
The nuke team is typically zerged by everyone on the station. If a crewmember doesnt want to get gunned down, they just stay in their workplace or run away when they see an op.
What if the nuke team spends their time going around the station gunning down everyone? Their focus should be on the nuke disk, so if they are wasting their time killing assistant #6341 and botanist #41, they are giving the people guarding the disk more time to prepare.
And if they succeed, everyone dies anyway.
Increasing the "guns blazing" factor would be thematic.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #142257

Because if ops can have unlimited access to ammo, they WILL carry 50975 mags of ammo, then they can just walk down the corridors spamming non stop because they literally can't run out.
Trying to beat the metal storm ain't fun yo.
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #142301

lumipharon wrote:Because if ops can have unlimited access to ammo, they WILL carry 50975 mags of ammo, then they can just walk down the corridors spamming non stop because they literally can't run out.
Trying to beat the metal storm ain't fun yo.
Well, that's a possible issue.