Blobs and Nuclear Codes

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Blobs and Nuclear Codes

Post by Helios » #155580

Blobs are the only mode where Nuclear codes are often requested, but as a blob there is no way to counter them unless you are near the vault or happen to kill the captain.
The mode where it makes the most sense to use, it isn't authorized as it isn't fair for blobs.
Is this possible to fix?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Re: Blobs and Nuclear Codes

Post by PKPenguin321 » #155590

requesting nuke codes is just a meme/only viable in xeno-and-or-zombie rounds
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TheNightingale
Byond Username: TheNightingale

Post by TheNightingale » #155596

Isn't the whole point of a blob round for the crew to set off the nuke? It's not like they'll be able to beat the blob.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #155601

TheNightingale wrote:Isn't the whole point of a blob round for the crew to set off the nuke? It's not like they'll be able to beat the blob.
get good
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #155664

Nuke codes are automatically sent out after an hour I think?

Just a way to resolve stalemates with an "everyone loses" scenario, but blob round rarely last more than 40 minutes anyways.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #155674

Nuke codes would more be for an event bleb (Which can't 'win', and so drag the round out forever) or xenoes, rather than the blob gamemode.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Helios

Post by Helios » #155785

Well, can we have automatic rejection then?
Or have it built in so that if the round lasts over an hour the codes are sent?
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #155786

At around 45 minutes it does automatically send the nuke codes, it's just that blob really never GETS that long.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #155792

Crew should actually be trying to fight the blob. Nanotrasen doesn't send you out there to run away at the first sign of trouble.

Make nuking the station count as a minor blob victory to stop the "Blob? Call for nuke codes!" at roundstart. Most people hate letting the antags win.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #155794

This is ironic, nuke code requests were added for blob.
Helios

Post by Helios » #155801

Anonus wrote:At around 45 minutes it does automatically send the nuke codes, it's just that blob really never GETS that long.
Can we have an automatic post level 5, but not beforehand where Centcomm replies "Centcomm still wants you to fight more. If by 12:45 you cannot defeat the blob they will send nuke codes"?
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #157285

ASKING FOR NUKE CODES DOES NOTHING BY ITSELF.
It just sends a message to admins. It's basically like sending a message to centcom. Doesn't even set the nuke with a code or anything. If it's not the 45 minute auto nuke code, then an admin sent the cldes.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #158598

Malkevin wrote:This is ironic, nuke code requests were added for blob.
Actually I added them because I was making the vault nuke into the self-destruct system we have today and a button to ask for nuke codes seemed thematically cooler.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕