Lavaland

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
LordZalgo
Byond Username: LordZalgo

Re: Lavaland

Post by LordZalgo » #167495

Bottom post of the previous page:

It'd be a nice little feature if you could change the GPS name of the new survival shelters. I tried and it was stuck at COM0; it'd be neat to name them so if a couple of miners needed to meet up for a tendril hunting party, they could just say the name of a designated shelter and show up there no problem.

Not that people other than me actually use the GPS. Also, there should probably be a third available there, just in case all of the miners are feeling cooperative. That or they could be added to the mining supply lockers. Then if they wanted to, they could take a spare from one of the backup lockers and leave it at a ruin to mark its location if they plan on going back later.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #167518

The pod name issue has been fixed by Joan, but not merged yet.

I'll try and remember to add one to the map as well.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167519

Can you make it so we can store items in the survival lockers as well as take stuff out? I like to use them as semi permanent field bases and the table gets a little cluttered storing food, booze, cigarettes and the like
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #167523

Wyzack wrote:Can you make it so we can store items in the survival lockers as well as take stuff out? I like to use them as semi permanent field bases and the table gets a little cluttered storing food, booze, cigarettes and the like
You can already? Just hit the storage unit with your stuff. I just tested again by shoving an L6 and bag of holding in, worked fine.
LordZalgo

Post by LordZalgo » #167525

Noice.

Sentient Minebots could probably use a bit of an overhaul. I know you played as mine at one point, so you probably remember, and I haven't played one personally yet, but this is what I've gathered from others playing as them:
  • Minebots do not have mesons or scanner vision, therefore unable to see ores or anything in general without a light source.
  • Minebots cannot toggle their own mode from ore collection to combat/mining mode and vice-versa.
  • Minebots do not have Mining access.
  • Minebots do not have radios to remain in contact with the miners.
You could argue that these could all remain because the minebot should remain with their miner, which is fair enough, but it'd make them at least much more efficient to have these aspects implemented so they can act less like a blind pet with a gun and more like an effective mining companion that still has the gun.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #167526

Oh is that what the Ai upgrade does? That is rad as fuck. Also i thought I was not able to put stuff in the locker but i was probably just being retarded
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #167757

all the mobs spawning in biodomes are annoying as fuck. not to mention that theres no way to attack the mobs in pressure besides a mining drone with a drill upgrade (not that robust, just 22 brute) and the ripley drill. also, I kind of miss the old abandoned crates. they should be brought back in space ruins.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #167959

I think that in general the mob spawn rate needs to be ticked down a bit. Old Mining had the same mob spawn rate afaik, but it did not have mobs from necropolis tendrils, and it had no lava, which meant fewer open spaces, and therefore fewer places for mobs to spawn and wander from.

As-is I feel like there just a few too many mobs.

Also, I've said this before, but chasms need to be changed. Just make tendril collapses generate lava.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #167971

Drynwyn wrote:I think that in general the mob spawn rate needs to be ticked down a bit. Old Mining had the same mob spawn rate afaik, but it did not have mobs from necropolis tendrils, and it had no lava, which meant fewer open spaces, and therefore fewer places for mobs to spawn and wander from.

Also, I've said this before, but chasms need to be changed. Just make tendril collapses generate lava.
No just keep it on chasms and make it just space you like a rip trough the asteriod better then a deleted body
Also make a more hinting message

THE TENDRIL IS ENRAGED AND THE GROUND AROUND THE TENDRIL START SHAKING ETC ETC
The future is horrible!
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #167974

Spacing would also be okay.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
LordZalgo

Post by LordZalgo » #167975

Drynwyn wrote:I think that in general the mob spawn rate needs to be ticked down a bit. Old Mining had the same mob spawn rate afaik, but it did not have mobs from necropolis tendrils, and it had no lava, which meant fewer open spaces, and therefore fewer places for mobs to spawn and wander from.

I find that I can generally handle a tendril just fine solo, whether it be Legion, Watchers, or Goliaths. You just have to apply somewhat different strategies to each of them is all, and with what some of the necropolis chests offer, I believe it to be a sufficient amount of difficulty as it is. If it happens to be too much at the moment or I need to get to shelter, I can fairly easily get out of aggro range and set up shop.

As far as chasms go, it's not like you're falling through the separate lava planet entirely; you're falling into its deep cavern system, which will replace the body deletion in good time. The message that the tendril puts out when its been killed (which you know you've done when the chest spawns on top of it) is fairly descriptive, along with the fact that the tendril itself gains a prefix adverb of 'collapsing' when you do kill it. No matter how you phrase the death message when it's getting ready to collapse and create a chasm, chances are a miner is going to fall in their first time. It's just kind of a learning experience, dark souls style. Happened to me on my first day, now I know.
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #168022

The spawn rate around necropolis tendrils is fine, it's outside of them that mobs get tediously and annoyingly frequent.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #168025

Mob spawn rates are pretty decent I'd say, most one on one fights shouldn't pose a real threat to you as long as you don't get snared, but when you encounter a watcher and a Goliath or some combo you have to be really careful, and sometimes it's best just to avoid a group fight if you're alone
Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #168027

It's not that they pose a huge threat, it's just that fighting them takes a while and quickly becomes pretty boring.
LordZalgo

Post by LordZalgo » #168290

Please consider reverting KA's to being one-handed. At the very least, make the super and hyper accelerators one-handed so the super accelerator would actually be somewhat worth the points to buy. Honestly, them requiring both hands still does not create any conceivable difficulty; just annoyance
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #168292

It's next to impossible to balance around dual wielding KAs though
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #168296

Kor wrote:It's next to impossible to balance around dual wielding KAs though
Some people like to use a teleshield, or carry the ore satchel for quick and easy mining work. The 'no one handed firing' is annoying, and dual KAs are just a valid strategy as dual wielding any ranged weapon. If you wanted to give KAs a two handed mode for faster reloading or something that'd be one thing, but taking away one handed KAs because small chunk of miners dual wield isn't a good reason.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
stiph
Byond Username: Stiphs

Post by stiph » #168323

Hello, earlier in this thread, I saw someone mention the Listening post, or black market ship as being a z layer, I was wondering about this, how does one get to them?

P.S. first post
You FKIG WoT M8

• Forms for the Form GOD
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #168349

Just make holding a second KA knock you down
The future is horrible!
LordZalgo

Post by LordZalgo » #168354

I honestly never even considered carrying two KA's at once. but yeah, if you are holding two KA's and try to dual wield them, I like the idea of them knocking you on your ass. You could make it about as long as a goliath tendril grab stun if you really wanted to avoid it. I just like holding an ore satchel in my off hand for quicker material acquisition with less button pressing and inventory management.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #168355

The fact that miner jumpsuits are now tactical turtlenecks makes me feel like this job was tailor made for me. So much fun.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #168363

LordZalgo wrote:I honestly never even considered carrying two KA's at once. but yeah, if you are holding two KA's and try to dual wield them, I like the idea of them knocking you on your ass. You could make it about as long as a goliath tendril grab stun if you really wanted to avoid it. I just like holding an ore satchel in my off hand for quicker material acquisition with less button pressing and inventory management.
Add a lightweight version of the kinetic accelerator that allows for dual wielding that you need to buy with mining points
Wyzack wrote:The fact that miner jumpsuits are now tactical turtlenecks makes me feel like this job was tailor made for me. So much fun.
Oddly enough, the turtlenecks lack armor.

also

>use prides mirror
>teleport into the listening post asteroid
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #168364

stiph wrote:Hello, earlier in this thread, I saw someone mention the Listening post, or black market ship as being a z layer, I was wondering about this, how does one get to them?

P.S. first post
Space travel is randomized, so mostly down to luck.

Also I get to post my own feedback for once:

The updates to the golem ship are great. RD and construction are a ton of fun when you start from basically nothing. Good job RandomMarine.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #168567

I don't know why, but taking away the two whetstones was damaging to Ash Walker play. They already have zero armor barring killing a miner and taking their stuff, atop of you making them entirely unable to use any kind of ranged weapon (Which I'm fine with because Walker lore, except you nerfed their own weaponry via whetstone removal and they've yet to get any kind of meaningful crafting or armor, or any hint that they may).
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #168592

Isn't the spear itself a ranged weapon (except against goliaths)? Besides, you're supposed to attack mobs in group, not alone, just remember to gib any mob you kill at the nest so you always have an egg ready when one of your tribesmen die
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #168655

Aka lavaland swarmers

Kill gib replicate
The future is horrible!
Ivan Issaccs
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Ivanissaccs

Post by Ivan Issaccs » #168670

Speaking of... Where are all the damn ruins. What did you break and when will it be fixed.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #168987

I may have gone a bit overboard in nerfing ash walkers, but it has to be kept in mind that they're a respawn role, so miners have priority as far as fun and balance goes.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #169064

So are xenos, let the blood bath be. Maybe make them an event thing so people don't get gibbed early.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #169100

One solution to cut down on the random closeness of said spawn ruins might be to make the spawning ones limited to 1 or 2, in a handful of Distant, but set, spots along the opposing corner of the mining outpost? Because commonly, if you have a golem free ship, there is not going to be enough ghosts early on for it to do much, and the longer the round goes the more chance you have a shorter experience too with shuttle call increasingly more likely by virtue of round length, despite typically having more ghosts. This can be said for any of the spawns probably. Given each ranges in 3-8 immediate spawns, some with a renewable resource, only a handful are needed rather than pure rng.

With ash walker nerfs, I can understand this, especially the gps removal though honestly I don't think it makes a lick of difference given we allow ghost observation of lavaland, negating the reason/logic of its removal imo. I still can understand that. As it is, Ash Walkers will continue to be wonky hoewver until the yget some kind of crafting/ability to do something with the lavalands environment and resources (Land Claim and primitive crafting!).
BananaSenor
Byond Username: Banana_Senor

Post by BananaSenor » #169274

Prisoners are lacking tongues. Could be made a nice feature, give all the lavaland races their own set of tongues/ears (especially the lizards) to hamper their use on the station and make them more outlandish.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #169334

Put the station on the lava planet. Ash Walkers instead Syndicate Operatives.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #169385

Ever since the change where miners have to gib dead mining mobs to get their loot Ash Walkers have been having a hard time finding corpses to get started. I think a good buff for them would be that they don't bleed since they seem quite weak now.

Also tendrils can spawn inside their spawn ruin and spawn-camp them and their tendril which is pretty stupid
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171044

Miners should be able to use their voucher to spawn a special ID thing that when swiped on people's ID gives them full mining and cargo access to get into the mining station. The purpose of such a thing would be to allow for mass expeditions into mining or to conscript a few assistants to take down the megamobs when those finally get in the game.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171046

Also there needs to be a faster way of removing lava than RCDing everything and then destroying the RCD walls
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

confused rock

Post by confused rock » #171051

Jesus fuck no miners get mats any more give more rewards to the vendor or something
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #171089

Zilenan91 wrote:Also there needs to be a faster way of removing lava than RCDing everything and then destroying the RCD walls
LAVA BOAT EXISTS
The future is horrible!
Ezel

Post by Ezel » #171090

Zilenan91 wrote:Also there needs to be a faster way of removing lava than RCDing everything and then destroying the RCD walls
LAVA BOAT EXISTS
The future is horrible!
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171147

>be a faster way of removing lava
>removing lava

Not going over it
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TrustyGun
Byond Username: TrustyGun

Post by TrustyGun » #171151

uhh i don't think you are supposed to be able to remove lava
Usually Julian Mackabee or K.I.N.G
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171152

It's intended that you can make an RCD wall over it and the lava dissapears.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #171192

I don't think removing lava should be an easy task
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #171217

1. make liquids a subsystem like gasses
2. make lava a liquid
3. require lava pumps and lava canisters to remove lava from the lava lakes
4. ???
5. open lava canister on the station
6. ???????
7. fun
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #171224

Ashwalkers should be kobolds (manlet lizards), not simple lizardpeople. Make it happen, Kor. You know you want it.
Bring back papercult.

ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #171243

I have PTSD about kobolds, don't do it you'll trigger me
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #171251

ShadowDimentio wrote:I have PTSD about kobolds, don't do it you'll trigger me
Terror PTSD or lewd PTSD?
Because I'm pretty sure most of /tg/ have both.

Also fucking manlet Lizards never learn, and since they have no technology it's perfect.
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #171254

The new mining station needs at least two more medkits, having just one really is a pain in the ass.

(also a coffee machine)
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #171260

Terror PTSD
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #171284

There should be two medkits in the room with the oxygen tank, but anonus might have forgotten to add them back in there when he redid the mining station.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Post by yackemflam » #171470

Don't like the all black that mining has become.
Why give the miners tactical turtlenecks anyhow?

Doesn't that go against lore?
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #171524

> ss13
> lore

Yes, that's funny.
Bring back papercult.