Security uniforms have been ruined once again.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Security uniforms have been ruined once again.

Post by Lumbermancer » #173352

Bottom post of the previous page:

You know what's funny? The current armor vest is the old armor vest that was introduced during last change, and ultimately rejected. I have it in my avatar, which I also created to show disdain towards the uniform changes that you tried to push. And now we came around in full circle.
TechnoAlchemist wrote:The pr was positively received and making a forum thread will, as it always has, result in shit flinging and vocal minority issues and bickering
That's a really cute shifting of the blame. How about you make a thread yourself next time, so people could voice their opinions BEFORE you drop the pr. That should somewhat reduce the bickering.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #173353

That vest in your avatar was Paprika's doing, not mine.
Tornadium
Byond Username: Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #173404

Over the last two days most security players seem to really like the new change.

I've yet to see a negative response.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #173408

I think that this thread is kinda proof that there is a negative response. However, overall I've seen the response on the server to be rather pleasant.

I will have a server poll put up after all the initial kneejerk anger dies down and take it from there.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #173416

TechnoAlchemist wrote:I think that this thread is kinda proof that there is a negative response. However, overall I've seen the response on the server to be rather pleasant.

I will have a server poll put up after all the initial kneejerk anger dies down and take it from there.
I've yet to see a single PR Discussion thread on the forums where the same group of people don't bitch at each other about it.

They're sometimes on different sides of the issue but it's the exact same people fighting, it doesn't even matter what the PR Is. Just kinda seems like you bitch at eachothers work to spite the other.
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #173420

CosmicScientist wrote:
Tornadium wrote:snip
I've yet to see a single PR Discussion thread on the forums where the same group of people don't bitch at each other about it.

They're sometimes on different sides of the issue but it's the exact same people fighting, it doesn't even matter what the PR Is. Just kinda seems like you bitch at eachothers work to spite the other.
It's probably called having opinions, reputations and opinions on the reputations of others. At least this isn't a forum where the goers are faceless, in large number and enjoy debating (yelling at one another) what barely passes for politics.

Also you should look through a more PR discussion threads. They're not all whiny. You're probably just thinking about security-centric ones that tend to change the flavour of the job through adding something and removing another. I'm pretty certain most PRs that are just additive rather than shifting onto a (mostly) parallel design get decent responses. Oh and finally, fanning the flames doesn't help when others are already on edge.
If I was talking about only sec PRs I would have said only sec PRs.

I deliberately said it doesn't matter what the PR is for a reason.
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #173425

Only a sith deals in absolutes tornadium
Cheimon
Byond Username: Cheimon

Post by Cheimon » #173455

Tornadium wrote:Over the last two days most security players seem to really like the new change.

I've yet to see a negative response.
I popped on to check it out and thought it was slightly worse than what was there before, but to be honest it's just a sprite and I can't bring myself to care much about it.

I expect that's most players. Everyone can have an opinion on sprites but so long as I can basically distinguish a person in one job from a person in another it's mostly fine.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #173463

Bring back the based red.

I don't want assistants' blood noticeably staining my clothes.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #173517

It can't be reverted a github circle jerk gave him party poppers you can't beat that!
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #173522

Incomptinence wrote:It can't be reverted a github circle jerk gave him party poppers you can't beat that!
I opened a revert PR not because I have a strong opinion on this (this whole thing is just bikeshedding and I feel bad for all of you) but so that you guys will calm down about "not even having the option to revert."

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/17370
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #173530

Incomptinence wrote:It can't be reverted a github circle jerk gave him party poppers you can't beat that!
Why you gotta be like this
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #173533

Listen. How about this: Make jumpsuits rotate randomly with every round. This way you can have your ugly snowflakes in, and uniforms will remain...uniform.

Is that an acceptable compromise?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #173543

You're being really unpleasant and it makes me not want to look at any of your posts
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #173548

If people aren't reading Git for what's going on that's their own fucking fault. Takes literally 2 seconds to make an account and give feedback.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #173557

TechnoAlchemist wrote:You're being really unpleasant
>trying to reach out and please everyone
>being unpleasant

O-ok s-senpai.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #173570

Steelpoint wrote:How many people are on Github PR's versus the more visible, and easier to keep track of, forums?
I just want to say how completely wrong you are if you think that it's easier going to a separate website to look through forums to find a thread that can have multiple pages to read through, or may not even exist yet vs. scrolling down on the PR you're already looking at to see the comments people have made.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #173572

PKPenguin321 wrote:
I opened a revert PR not because I have a strong opinion on this (this whole thing is just bikeshedding and I feel bad for all of you) but so that you guys will calm down about "not even having the option to revert."

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/17370
Just kidding you were right it was closed for being """"kneejerk"""" I guess we really can't revert anything after all
Spoiler:
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #173573

PKPenguin321 wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote: Just kidding you were right it was closed for being """"kneejerk"""" I guess we really can't revert anything after all
its ok pk, goofball is on the task with a solution https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-statio ... -216684888
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #173574

General consensus is that this change is garbage, and the PR got closed. What now?
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #173614

Going on what Cheri said...

Back during the sprite war we did come to a consensus that a good solution would be allowing the round start HoS to set his departments overall security theme for the round.

So a HoS could chose to have Red Sec, or Grey Sec or whatever other variations of Sec as the color for the round. If there was no HoS then the game would either pick a default color (red) or just pick one at random.

This system was also discussed into being used with other departments.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #173615

wouldn't it be easier to have some kind of loadout system in player prefs
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #173616

>Shit change is pushed through
>Community backlash
>Coders saying it's their fault for not complaining on git
>Someone eventually steps up and puts up a revert
>Revert is immediately closed because m-muh kneejerk, m-muh codebaby
>Community all yells what the fuck
>Revert is put up again
>Shit change is reverted after lengthy delay
>Go back to one after a week

THE CYCLE CONTINUES
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173617

Nobody is lying when they say it takes three seconds to look on git and give feedback

So do that
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #173618

Zilenan91 wrote:People have the option of getting on github and checking out what changes are going on the server and they don't take it and get angry when things they don't like get merged. Speak up.
Every time I go on github to whine about shit they tell me to go on the forums and do it.

Make up your minds, coders.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #173619

Zilenan91 wrote:Nobody is lying when they say it takes three seconds to look on git and give feedback

So do that
Have you considered that not everyone wants to do this, myself included, but also don't want to have to constantly deal with shitty changed being out through?

Feedback on the forums is or should be just as valid as bitching on the git
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #173623

The forums are simply better for feedback and discussion than Github is.

Github revolves around shitposting meme images and discussing the code changes.

I've personally always put up a forum thread for any major changes I've ever made, from the sec sprites to guns or even the change to the shuttles. To see someone merge a controversial, both historically and presently, PR within 24 hours with no forum feedback thread just seems disingenuous.

Why is it that ""feedback"" on Github is more valid than feedback on the forums, tripple so when maintainers oft tell people to take their feedback to the FORUMS over Github?

------

Also I disagree on allowing individual officer to select their own color scheme, that would be inconsistant. It would be better off with the HoS.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #173643

Alright, here's an idea: Nanotrasen contracts security out to several private firms. Each firm has strengths and weaknesses in their loadouts, in addition to cosmetic differences. At the start of the round, HoS picks which firm he represents.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #173645

nudecurity is a go
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #173648

Nudecurity

-Can't wear jumpsuits
+Start with laser miniguns

Balanced
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #173649

Have it be a config option for Head of Security players, make the default the red casual suits if no HoS exists.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #173650

Nudecurity

Armory is empty
Brig starts with a T4 autocloner in the equipment room
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #173652

Zilenan91 wrote:Nudecurity

Armory is empty
Brig starts with a T4 autocloner in the equipment room
Tornadium

Post by Tornadium » #173653

Luke Cox wrote:General consensus is that this change is garbage, and the PR got closed. What now?
General player consensus on the server has been very positive over the last few days since it was introduced.

Seen a lot of people say they prefer the new change.

So i would hardly call it garbage.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #173654

woah man don't disrupt the forum circle jerk with your facts and realities.
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #173655

oranges wrote:woah man don't disrupt the forum circle jerk with your facts and realities.
Incomptenence is a circlejerk of one. Which just makes him a jerk.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #173656

People who don't like it based on this feedback thread
Lumbermancer
SaC
Saegrimar
Demonfiren
ShadowMemeiotion
Luke Cox
Stealpoint
DavidChan
Cosmic Meme
Wyzack

Total: 10

10 Explosion hooray emojiis on the PR

Illuminati has 10 letters

10 out of average 100 players = 1/10th

1 tenth

Iluminati symbol has 1 eye.

These players == illuminati confirmed.
Luke Cox

Post by Luke Cox » #173657

But for real, I was thinking one firm has excellent riot control, one is great at non-lethal detainment, one has a ton of ion gear, one is our standard, jack-of-all-trades sec, etc.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #173711

oranges wrote:These players == illuminati confirmed.
Actually, no, I'm part of the interdimensional lizard conspiracy.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #173718

DemonFiren wrote:
There was actually a merge between the Illuminati and the lizard conspiracy a while back, you should have gotten the memo, I would check your junk mail.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #173721

Steelpoint wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:
There was actually a merge between the Illuminati and the lizard conspiracy a while back, you should have gotten the memo, I would check your junk mail.
There's a reason it's called junk mail.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #173728

It's a compliment
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #173768

oranges wrote:ShadowMemeiotion
Not even close to my username/10
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #173784

I don't like using github cuz its 85% goofball shitposting as opposed to 65% on the forums
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #173839

This grey jumpsuit for officers are ugly yo, the red one is better
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #175116

Did Techno really have to start this shit up again...seriously, we went over this last time. The Grey sec jumpsuit theme looks retarded. The sec armour is ugly aswell.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #175118

Spoiler:
pls
Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #175128

No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Spoiler:
No.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #175135

At this point red is just a iconic color.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #175137

Its been almost ten days, I can move to put up a revert PR. Or we can do a in game poll, a forum poll or a flame war on a Github PR and subsequent linked thread.

I still really dislike these grey uniforms and I regret setting these up as a compromise sprite a year ago.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #175149

An in game poll would probably be the best way to gauge player opinion of these. I think they look like garbage too but if the majority wants garbage we cannot exactly beat good taste into them over the internet. It really would be a shame to lose our iconic redshirts though
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster