BLOB THE *SUICIDE ROUND

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: BLOB THE *SUICIDE ROUND

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186866

Bottom post of the previous page:

Can attest to that, I never made blobbernauts back in the ye olden days.

If rebalancing them is too hard then just scrap them. They are and always will be a bad idea.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #186874

i thought original NPC blobbers were cool. you'd see one barreling towards you and fucking run for it because you knew it was gonna fuck your shit right up.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #186875

Perhaps change it so every factory can have one NPC blobber at a time, which stays near the factory and protects it from people coming to fuck shit up. After the blobber dies, a new one is produced after a minute or two at no cost to the overmind.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #186901

I hate that Blob stops the shuttle from working.

I hate any mode that just flatly prevents the shuttle, because that makes it feel like so much more of a slogging grind. Even Rev, a perma-popular mode, used to have these 3+ hour death spots where just, the HoP was hanging on in a vented Cargo Bay, or the last Revhead was in a locker, etc.

So let us call the shuttle and let it function as normal during Blob.

This means that it's going to get called instantly when it's found out, but how is that any different from perma-popular mode Nuke Ops? It still means the crew has to hold the line since every blob will make a beeline for Escape, and you get the >get to the chopper, quick, early launch drama stuff going on. If a player knew the round was likely to be over quicker, it might influence more to at least try.

If nothing else, it will make the rounds shorter. The general feeling seems to be rounds are already too short, but if the problem with Blob is it's a huge interminable slog, well. This will termin it faster, if absolutely nothing else, and thus reduce burnout, along with it having a low chance to pick the roundtype. Hopefully it works because I've always thought Blob is just the coolest thing ever since it became an RTS, and I'd hate to see it put in the trash.

Also, I agree with bringing back the pre-Blob sabotage phase. I would love to hear why, exactly that was removed in the first place.
RIP
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #186906

The dedicated blobbernaut factory thing sounds like it would be good if player nauts were removed.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #186938

Let the shuttle and pods (I think this was tested at a point) be sent to lavaland so cowards can flee into danger in rounds like blob and rev.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #186957

I'd prefer if player blobbernauts stayed. I like it when the round offers ghosts a chance to get involved.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #186972

Sligneris wrote:I'd prefer if player blobbernauts stayed. I like it when the round offers ghosts a chance to get involved.
and by ever death your power decreases and the blob increases without a turnback for your army but the blob army never lowers as much as you
The future is horrible!
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #186975

Making Blobbernauts player controlled was a good change since as noted the AI controlled Blobbernauts were beyond useless.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #186978

No matter what changes you do to blobbernauts, it doesn't fix the main problem with the blob rounds - they are a painful slog of shooting the blob, welding the blob, and if you're not a handful selection of jobs, you are useless against it in any role except cannon fodder.
Bring back papercult.

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #186981

Replace Blob with a Hivebot invasion RTS mode.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #187005

I have wanted a hivebot invasion mode literally for 3 years.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #187028

Steelpoint wrote:Making Blobbernauts player controlled was a good change since as noted the AI controlled Blobbernauts were beyond useless.
Fun for the players who got blobbernaut but it meant that people didn't get in their corpses for cloning because /what if there's a blobbernaut open/.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #187059

If only we had more rts game modes
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #187107

If player controlled blobbernauts were kept they would need to be radically different than what they are now.

They'd either need to be redesigned to be cheaper, weaker, but have a decent power ranged attack
Or
They'd need to be even weaker but also much cheaper and unable to heal so that they actually die.
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS