Holy Water Making You Drunk

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Holy Water Making You Drunk

Post by Steelpoint » #182048

Holy Water needs to not make the victim go drunk.

In Cult (and ratvar to a extent) a Cultist needs a lot of Holy Water to even start the process of deconverting them. The only problem is too much Holy Water can result in the victim going blank drunk and losing motor control.

This is bad mainly because cult demands Security force feed people a lot of Holy Water due to the high (30 units) requirement of needed water to start the deconversion, not to mention if that number dips below 30 then the deconversion stops (I think) thus you want to feed a cultist as much as possible.

This means when sec inevitbly goes around force feeding the crew holy water, it not only leaves a lot of crew blank drunk, but also makes a lot of them want to avoid security to NOT become drunk. Thus this creates a lot of resentment and problems for security.

In my recent cult rounds I've gotten more anger from the crew after the round than the cultists due to the fact our tactics were making a lot of the crew drunk and otherwise impossible for them to talk or do anything.

Cult is hard enough on security as is, with lack of holy water if the Chaplain is MIA, and the generally shit they go through in cult. But this is something that does not need to be.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Holy Water Making You Drunk

Post by Wyzack » #182049

Why does holy water make you drunk anyways? Who decided this should be a feature? Pretty sure it is old as fuck
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #182050

It was fine before Xhuis made alchohol super lethal.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #182051

Yeah I was about to say, does 30 units of a random beer still guarantee death? Because that shit is ridiculous.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #182052

Saegrimr wrote:Yeah I was about to say, does 30 units of a random beer still guarantee death? Because that shit is ridiculous.
Code wise all I know is that you need exactly 30 units to start the deconversion, but 30 units will also start making the victim drunk.

I also suspect the amount of Holy Water needs to stay above 30 units to keep deconverting, but I don't know.
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Post by Bawhoppennn » #182062

The way I see to solve the alcohol problem, is

Make water help cure drunkenness, and

Readd drifting in the direction instead of completely random movement
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #182070

alcohol being more lethal than most deathchems is still a little silly imo but i don't know why holy water gets you drunk either

it's just water isn't it
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #182071

Water blessed by a chaplain. Kind of retarded, but the sort of thing that will never be removed because it is a legacy inside joke type thingy at this point. I would not be sad to see it go.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #182118

yea this is awful
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #182278

Also Holy Water is broken in that I can give someone five units only for the Flask to dump ten or twenty units into the poor sucker, now some guy who I thought only had twenty units now has fifty units.

This is something that has to be removed, it was fine in the past since Holy Water was a novelty item but now that its a absolutely critical component of two game modes it simply cannot be allowed to continue.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #183008

Wyzack wrote:Why does holy water make you drunk anyways? Who decided this should be a feature? Pretty sure it is old as fuck
Maybe the same reason the chaplain has beer in his bible. He's a fucking drunk.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #183066

Well, yah, the chaplain is a raging drunk. Thats why is holy water is secretly alchohol.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #183068

Last time we had lethal alcohol holy water was excluded for a good reason.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #183513

holy water won't kill you, since it's not the same as making you drunk(it makes you confused and adds stuttering), but yea, this is really annoying and should be reworked/removed tbh