Fucking make holy water non-alcoholic

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Fucking make holy water non-alcoholic

Post by Bombadil » #196331

>Get accused of being a Cultist get tased and cuff
>Get tons of holy water chugged down my throat
>Can't walk at all for 10 fucking minutes because i run in circles

If i wasn't a cultist before if a cultist found me in that state I would be easy to take out when you can barely fight back
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Fucking make holy water non-alcoholic

Post by Wyzack » #196335

This pls
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #196346

That's the whole point of making it alcoholic in the first place though, to make a huge inconvenience for people so Sec doesn't just make everyone drink the kool-aid as soon as someone looks at them funny.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #196347

Alcohol is a lot stronger than it used to be though Cheridan, but why would anyone expect you to know how balance changes trickle down huh?
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #196350

Cheridan wrote:That's the whole point of making it alcoholic in the first place though, to make a huge inconvenience for people so Sec doesn't just make everyone drink the kool-aid as soon as someone looks at them funny.
Why the fuck would sec care about anybody else being inconvenienced?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #196352

Yeah I don't exactly remember the last time security didn't just tase and drag people to the brig for force-drinking and sitting there in a cell until the conversion time was up. Even worse when they just force you to chug a shit-ton of it and now you're left shit-faced for the next 10-15 minutes after they throw you out of the brig.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #196353

Chaplains will force you to drink it and if you run to avoid that annoying shit GUYS HE'S CULT, which leads to either being beaten to death or cuffed and forced to drink a gallon, making you useless for the rest of the round.

Or

Sec will wordlessly stun you, drag you inside and force you to drink 10 gallons of it and make you useless forever.

It's dumb.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #196418

I made this suggestion a while ago after I kept noticing how moronic it was seeing half the station drunk from holy water and me getting bitched at for making them drunk despite me having no choice due to the deconversion hoops you have to jump through.

Everyone supports this idea, but you need to convince someone to code the solution
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #196489

Cheridan wrote:That's the whole point of making it alcoholic in the first place though, to make a huge inconvenience for people so Sec doesn't just make everyone drink the kool-aid as soon as someone looks at them funny.
Do you actually think sec cares? I mean fuck they just give the chaplain all access during cult and then he starts tasing you and making you drink the kool aid. It only inconveniences people who aren't sec and cultists. Sec doesn't give a fuck they WILL make you drink the kool aid and leave you to run around in circles without implanting you

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #196492

Remove cult deconversion again. Infinite antag tests are garbage anyway.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #196493

> Cult deconversion removed
> Cult conversion removed too for balance
> Revert to newcult
> Nobody's complaning about holy water anymore
Bring back papercult.

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #196522

Kor wrote:Remove cult deconversion again. Infinite antag tests are garbage anyway.
Great idea!

Make it that the chaplain has to bless the mindshield implants and then they deconvert

Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #196523

Drinking holy water should just husk cultists. Either u stay pure or you get purged by the lord.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #196527

New cultist check: The crematorium

It they burned, the Lord willed it, they were a heretic.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #196530

Antag deconversion should only be in rev. Every other antag spreads so slowly and has immidiate tells for if they're antag if you search them (gang has tools/spraycans, cults have tomes or slabs).

Besides, I usually just say to KOS all antags as soon as you confirm them with a search or whatever.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #196546

Conversion modes need deconversion as long as they can rip the implants out of security you filthy tiders.

I couldn't care less about there being tests for these repulsive tumour modes.

Ten people or so out to kill you shouldn't need perfect stealth. We tried it before and no one could deal with it beyond the very first 15 minutes.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #196547

Thats why i'll hide my tome inside of disposals whenever i leave my area. I just turn off the pump so it wont be dumped

Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #196548

Incomptinence wrote:Conversion modes need deconversion as long as they can rip the implants out of security you filthy tiders.

I couldn't care less about there being tests for these repulsive tumour modes.
Blood Cult cant rip out implants unless they use surgery.

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #196550

They will do so. Also as I edited in departments of perfectly concealed killers sucks as seen in convert cult.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #196576

Pretty sure the original Bible Bashing deconvertion was removed since it had to few downsides. Sure, it COULD make you very retarded, or it could deconvert you without issue, and even then it was to easily resolveble

This, atleast, has downsides for people who are randomly fed it and who aren't cultists.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196578

Obvious solution is to deconvert and implant Chemistry or Science first and make them mix plenty of antihol.

But that would require forethought.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #196588

ShadowDimentio wrote:Antag deconversion should only be in rev. Every other antag spreads so slowly and has immidiate tells for if they're antag if you search them (gang has tools/spraycans, cults have tomes or slabs).
Antag deconversion should only be in rev.
Every other antag spreads so slowly
Bring back papercult.

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #196601

Gangs start slow but conversion builds up as they accumulate pens until they fly off the handle. Also conversion on three fronts.

Cults aren't even cool down limited like gangs starting up and while it may be slow originally due to man power to bring them to the antag making stationary whatever flavour they use eventually but it goes nuts. Also they always have constructs.

In basically all cases of anything more complex than rev the slow start is more of a grace period for the station to actually be a station instead of an instant arena. By no means does this slow start result in a tiny amount of total adherents, 3 member runt gangs aside.

Sure they start slowly but they all snowball fucking hard. Not that I wouldn't love to slaughter your grey to the core and probably useless ass instead of make you a little tipsy. However without at bare minimum some sort of identifying test having to slaughter everyone unimplanted on the station will not go down well with people who can't stand virtual drunkenness.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #196604

How about making Chaplain more important, more than a holy water factory? Make the Chaplain be able to "activate" the holy water in the inebriated patient using the holy book ("the power of carpsie compels you"), shortening the conversion and removing the drunkenness?

Or would that be too OP?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #196605

How about we remove drunkness at all, there is no need for it to exist. It only makes the crew hate the sec and the chaplain.
Bring back papercult.

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196611

Kor wrote:New cultist check: The crematorium

It they burned, the Lord willed it, they were a heretic.
Well thats pretty much how things were before holy water deconvert, but admins at the time looked down on sec performing a door-to-door exterminatus.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #196612

Exactly.

Cult deconversion was a feature added, among other reasons, because the go to tactic for Security was to go full Death Squad on the entire station.

If you want to return to that instead of making sec slow down and deconvert people then go ahead.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #196640

So long as ordinary crew are free to organise and revolt against both Security and Scientology.

Let Cargonia be a shining beacon once again.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #196646

InsaneHyena wrote:there is no need for it to exist. It only makes the crew hate the sec and the chaplain.
Isn't this exactly the need? For sec to not be able to mount swift and efficient operation?
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #196655

The main issue is the Drunkenness fucks you over big time. You can't walk in a straight at all for ages. Cultists could easily grab you in that state and sac you

firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #196665

Yes Bombadil. Aka, another huge downside to filling random people with holy water. Also, sec is to blame if they are to incompetent to also implant people they holy watered.
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #196702

It's not that bad, the problem is sec/players not understanding that the holy water amount does not make any difference, to my knowledge, and think that jacking someone up on it will make them somehow deconvert faster when it doesn't. Spread this simple ass knowledge and this might be not an issue so bloody bad.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #196706

Needs 30 units to start deconverting/deconvert people.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Zilenan91

Post by Zilenan91 » #196713

Why not just remove cult
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Just replace both their arms with chainsaws.

HAVE FUN ESCAPING NOW WITH NO ARMS
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #196714

Incomptinence wrote:Not that I wouldn't love to slaughter your grey to the core and probably useless ass instead of make you a little tipsy. However without at bare minimum some sort of identifying test having to slaughter everyone unimplanted on the station will not go down well with people who can't stand virtual drunkenness.
Again: There is an identifying test. Search them. If they have a tome/tool/slab, they get to fellate my long hard egun barrel. If not, you get reluctantly let go unless you were caught beating the shit out of the chaplain/an officer or something.

It encourages people to either go loud and fight sec, or go quiet and stealth it up. Both are interesting in their own ways.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #196719

Zilenan91 wrote:Why not just remove cult
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #196723

ShadowDimentio wrote:
Again: There is an identifying test. Search them. If they have a tome/tool/slab, they get to fellate my long hard egun barrel. If not, you get reluctantly let go unless you were caught beating the shit out of the chaplain/an officer or something.

It encourages people to either go loud and fight sec, or go quiet and stealth it up. Both are interesting in their own ways.
No they can just not give the gear to converts or the converts can hide it. So you end up needing to kill them, no tests no deconversion means no mercy sec might as well raid toxins or the engine and burn it all down.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #196725

>you end up needing to kill them

This is only true in rev in which the round literally won't end unless you do and there is no real antag gear to speak of.

Gang, cult, clockcult all have identifying gear and evacuation is possible.

Lings have no easily searchable gear on them but it's against the rules to execute the entire crew once you hear one report of lings.
Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #196730

Zilenan91 wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Why not just remove cult
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #196735

Why don't we remove Zilenan instead
Bring back papercult.

Zilenan91
Confined to the shed

Post by Zilenan91 » #196736

Zilenan91 wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:
Zilenan91 wrote:Why not just remove InsaneHyena
Spoiler:
Zilenan91 wrote:

Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #196763

Kor wrote:>you end up needing to kill them

This is only true in rev in which the round literally won't end unless you do and there is no real antag gear to speak of.

Lings have no easily searchable gear on them but it's against the rules to execute the entire crew once you hear one report of lings.
You know imprisoning the entire crew is rarely feasible.

Also probably not going to be popular with innocents put into a room with ten antags who can then just vent all over them.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #196795

Imprisoning the whole crew is rarely feasible, but running around tasing+implanting/holy water is the standard meta for conversion modes, because it carries little risk or downside.
Ezel
Byond Username: Improvedname

Post by Ezel » #196805

Remove mindshields
Make permabrig into the gass chamber
The future is horrible!
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196806

Kor wrote:>you end up needing to kill them

Because ouch I stubbed my toe, call the shuttle, is good game play
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #196817

Kor wrote:Imprisoning the whole crew is rarely feasible, but running around tasing+implanting/holy water is the standard meta for conversion modes, because it carries little risk or downside.
People still seem to die doing that so I suppose there is some risk.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #196871

Problem is people digest holy water quickly and the mechanics of holy water are not well explained.

If they start at 30 units exactly but they dip down to 20 or 10 units BEFORE they start the deconversion process then will it continue?
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #196876

Incomptinence wrote:
Kor wrote:Imprisoning the whole crew is rarely feasible, but running around tasing+implanting/holy water is the standard meta for conversion modes, because it carries little risk or downside.
People still seem to die doing that so I suppose there is some risk.
So? Sec can essentially get away with murder during conversion rounds.

ANYWAY,

Deconversion needs to be difficult enough that it's hard/inconvenient enough to deploy on everyone at once, but easy enough that you can do it in the middle of the brig getting stormed.

Since we've got a religious theme here, lets go all-out and say that our deconversion targets need to partake in communion. I won't bore you with the details, but the chaplain needs to bless a loaf of bread and some water. Feed your target a bit of bread*, give them a sip of water and boom. Regardless of how much bread or water they eat, they deconvert.

* Holy shit tactical baking
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #196922

I would just like to clarify that there is no way holy water being alcoholic started as a balancing feature as i am pretty sure that it was a thing before holy water deconversions existed. It was just another "lel alcoholic priest" joke like the fact that he starts with beer inside his bible
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #196952

Wyzack wrote:I would just like to clarify that there is no way holy water being alcoholic started as a balancing feature as i am pretty sure that it was a thing before holy water deconversions existed. It was just another "lel alcoholic priest" joke like the fact that he starts with beer inside his bible
Partially correct.

Indeed alcoholic holy water was a thing for god knows how long, but I was aware of that when I did the deconvert stuff and left it in as a sort of balance thing*

*Although I'll say I was more interested in getting the basic features in balance at the time, so I'm not exactly overly bothered by the alcohol stuff.