Double Energy Swords

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Re: Double Energy Swords

Post by Jacough » #208809

Bottom post of the previous page:

Sligneris wrote:I say keep them, it allows the captain to get a pretty cool weapon once the esworded gets inevitably dunked.
Make it so the captain's rapier and the dual esword have a chance of parrying eachother so they can have climatic sword fights
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #208828

Cheridan wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Why the titfuck should a 16TC investment (+2tc for noslips so the clown isn't a hard counter against you) be something that people should be able to instantly counter with no preparation?
It doesn't matter what the hard counters are, the fact that it's an item that requires a hard counter means it has no place in SS13.

For the record, batons are not a counter. They simply put you on equal footing where the person who gets the first click wins.
I mean you can totally run at a dual esworder with disarm intent and try to disarm him, you'll just probbably get your legs cut off.
And saying "This item requires a hard counter" when the hard counter is "Any melee stun, slip (if no noslips), lube spray, or projectile weapon" is kinda disingenuous. "X class of weapons does not work against someone carrying this weapon" is hardly the same as "You must be wearing a hardsuit to not be instakilled by the tesla"[1] or "Breaking electric grilles without gloves results in instant death".

In fact, you might even be able to just throw another assistant at the dual esworder to instantly knock them down, although I've not tried that because I've not seen a dual esworder who wasn't doing a jedu gimmick in about six months.

[1] Never fear, PKP and the Bullshit Wand have made it fair and balanced! Now you get instakilled by the explodsla anyway
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #208891

This was actually a thread.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #209314

Can't you THROW your baton at them to ignore every perk the double-donger has?
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #209316

Batonnarang is a thing you can do. Unreliable though, and if you fuck up they get a baton. But, that's the trick! They'd have to put up their sword to nab it, and that's when you shoot them! Genius mindgames my dude.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #209340

Saegrimr wrote:This was actually a thread.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #209361

I have a fond memory of being an MD seeing someone getting chopped up by a double sword and promptly tounding the corner, pressing disarm, clicking him and GG no re.
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #209387

Maybe if coders weren't weak and nerfing/removing shit that kills them all the time we wouldn't be snowballing into ever more ridiculous threads like this.

Make it look like any sort of pants pissing can get through and people will roll that dice every few months until they get it done.
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #212207

How to counter dual esword every single weapon in the game every time without fail in 5 minutes:

Step 1, go to botany with mutagen
Step 2, grab melons and nettles
Step 3, mutate some deathnettles
Step 4, put acid in melons with mememachine, maybe other shit like frost oil or capsicum if you have time
Step 5, mutagen that shit to max potency
Step 6, win literally every fight ever because you can instantly destroy anything in their hands with one melon and everything they are wearing with three melons.

Can someone tell me why dual eswords have a massive melee block chance? It takes it a bit from beat their shit in with a toolbox the lasers do nothing to > slip or die
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #212233

Cheridan wrote: The fact that people are resorting to pies to counter traitors because they have a murdersword that blocks everything else is ridiculous.
Why the fuck do you even care about this game, you stupid faggot? Posts ending in sentiments like that really make me feel like you and your coder ilk are braindead retards who literally don't know how to actually enjoy something.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #212238

420goslingboy69 wrote:
Cheridan wrote: The fact that people are resorting to pies to counter traitors because they have a murdersword that blocks everything else is ridiculous.
Why the fuck do you even care about this game, you stupid faggot? Posts ending in sentiments like that really make me feel like you and your coder ilk are braindead retards who literally don't know how to actually enjoy something.
so coders aren't allowed to have opinions on stuff in the game now?
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212240

Cheridan it's almost like the hard counters to eswords, kinetic guns, are kept under lock and key in the armory, so the crew has to improvise.

That's a good thing.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #212249

make it so if you add a double energy sword to a double energy sword you get a double double energy sword that you can hold in one had and you hold it like a ninja dagger
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #212260

I think that's April Fool's/adminbus only, like the bluespace emag. At least, I hope it is.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #212263

iamgoofball wrote:
420goslingboy69 wrote:
so coders aren't allowed to have opinions on stuff in the game now?
If you think that's an opinion worth keeping, where in a game of paranoia, improvisation and using items as THEIR INTENDED FUNCTION is met with the concept of it being too ridiculous then your reputation procedes you goof.
Like, I don't know why I'm not considered in the right when a head coder would rather see things not be used just because they aren't realistic
like just fuck my fucking server up fam
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212269

Buff improvised weapons. Back prods were a mistake, crew war now.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #212337

Anonmare wrote:I think that's April Fool's/adminbus only, like the bluespace emag. At least, I hope it is.
it was in for april fools and i made a PR to make it real as well since it was one of the better features from it, but oranges kneejerked it closed :(
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #212386

I don't know why we didn't keep the clickdelay removal as that was the best update we've ever had

Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #212414

It was fine, imo, until we added limb removal to our server.
One or the other is fine, honestly, but together a dual sword is some bullshit limb-removal chances. That's the largest gripe, and probably the cost being raised above 16 tcs.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212459

If you get hit by a dual esword you're probably dead regardless, the thing has a disgusting KO chance.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #212503

34% ko chance to be precise
Spoiler:
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #212554

Can they block glass shards?
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #212582

no they dont block thrown shit, apparently the meta for fighting them now is to grab a corpse that they've left in their wake and throw it at them to knock them over
im considering removing the weaken(1) on the target when humans are thrown into each other because of this but at the same time i find it really funny so
Spoiler:
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #212602

I think it's fair. You have to take the time to get a x2 grip on a corpse before you throw it
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #212606

Spear stronk then?
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #212616

Esword users should be able to activate windmill mode and become a spinning blender of death that shreds anything that runs into/gets thrown at them, mobs included.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #212623

So make two pneumatic cannons, fill them with glass shards, rods, and hatchets, fore the first one at him then wrench the second one to level 3. It'll knock you down but the embeds and damage from the first should cause him serious distress. I've chased off newcops with shield armor and energy shields using this technique, nothing spooks shieldfags like suddenly going from 100 hit points to suddenly not 100 hit points.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212732

If coders weren't fun fearing faggots you could make a bootleg grenade launcher with plasmaprods and a cannon. Chance they wouldn't do anything because thrown batons aren't an exact science, but at best the enemy would be dusted with one click.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #212741

ShadowDimentio wrote:If coders weren't fun fearing faggots you could make a bootleg grenade launcher with plasmaprods and a cannon. Chance they wouldn't do anything because thrown batons aren't an exact science, but at best the enemy would be dusted with one click.
That is already 100% possible though, pneumatic cannons can fit at most 2 stunbatons, so just fill their cells with plasma and hope one of them stun on hit.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #212742

Eswords are unbalanced and in desperate need of a rework.

I mean, we can't even seal/unseal airlocks with out super torch of poking! /s
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #212764

Can E-Swords cut airlock bolts again? If not that's something I'd like to see, hell, even give the e-dagger the same functionality so you don't have to fork over 8TC for a door unbolting tool (if the toolbox is too mainstream for you I guess).