Double Energy Swords

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Double Energy Swords

Post by WJohnston » #208484

So its been brought to light by one person in particular abusing these things just how unbelievably OP they are nowadays.

Effectively, a double energy sword can:
Reflect tasers and lasers and disablers 100% of the time, totally immune.
Deal 35 brute per hit, 3 hit kill.
Guaranteed to lop off limbs you target. If aimed at the legs, this is a guaranteed knock down, which is basically a guaranteed kill from there on before you can respond.
Can only be fought with stun batons or banking on disarm working out.

You can literally run around and mindlessly kill anyone and everyone in your way after you've murdered security in a few seconds. I'm not sure how armor plays into protecting your limbs, but 90% of the crew will be one-hit-kill fodder. And multiple traitors have access to this.

Yeah yeah call it "i ded" material but it really is unfairly powerful compared to all other equipment. Revolvers at least aren't an instakill because you can wear protective armor against it, survive more than one hit, use tasers against it, and their ammo is limited unless they make frequent runs to the autolathe.
Apparently I was an director or something.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Double Energy Swords

Post by InsaneHyena » #208485

> Soap
> Flash
> Pepper spray
> Detective revolver or any bullet weapon, for that matter
> Hulk or TK work too
> Floor tiles
> Spears
> You don't have to fight him, you know, you can easily run away

I ded pls nerf. You are not supposed to walk over traitors.
Bring back papercult.

Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #208487

Double energy sword sacrifices a lot for that power. You're a bright neon sign that announces "I'M VALID", and you have to get up to melee range on your target to harm them with it. Anything less than ranged stun protection just wouldn't be worth it.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #208488

>run up to guy with double esword
>detonate welding fuel tank
>get helped up/cloned/healed, he doesn't

easy
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #208490

Soap can be super easily avoided. Flash can be super easily protected against as traitor (you're GONNA get your hands on sunglasses). Pepper spray can also be super easily protected against AND nobody uses it. There is literally only one detective and if he's the first guy you kill no one can stop you. Hulk and TK don't happen for a good 20 minutes. You can easily kill medbay before that. Floor tiles are a joke are you insane? Spears have like one or two shots around if you're lucky, and if the traitor isn't totally braindead and pulls the esword out next to you instead, you won't respond in time.

You CAN run away, I guess. What is that going to accomplish, though? Not die for a little while longer? You still can't hope to kill him.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #208491

It's like Carp Scroll, except your hands have to be in use. And it's really obvious. And bullets still work sometimes.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #208494

Pneumatic cannon level 3 filled with glass shards/hatchets.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #208495

Ricotez wrote:Double energy sword sacrifices a lot for that power. You're a bright neon sign that announces "I'M VALID", and you have to get up to melee range on your target to harm them with it. Anything less than ranged stun protection just wouldn't be worth it.
Also, this. There is no greater weakness in entire ss13 than simply being valid. It doesn't matter how godly and overpowered you are, you are likely not winning against an entire station of bored greyshirts, who want to click on your sprite until it stops being vertical. The entire wizard gamemode is the proof of it.
Bring back papercult.

Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #208544

Soap is amazing as a surprise attack, especially against someone who is riding a murderboner high and thinks you are at his mercy. Run away in a straight line and drop it when they are following. Gg
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Digdugxx
Byond Username: Digdugxx

Post by Digdugxx » #208547

Tbh you're dead meat if one person bola's you cuz then you get swarmed and you cant run, also being hit by a pie totally wrecks you :Z
Spoiler:
Qbopper wrote:One of the few posts on the forums to make me genuinely laugh out loud, well done
:]]]
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #208548

>Comparing the esword to the revolver

I dunno if you're aware but the revolver is a gun and the esword is a sword. They aren't really comparable.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #208551

what happened to riot shotguns?

used to be the thing was damn useless because the first time you met the detective or a slightly above average armed sec officer you were going to get tagged by a shotgun and die

has this changed if not there's no issue tbh except in lowpop where murderboning always was a problem anyway
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #208552

Cik wrote:what happened to riot shotguns?

used to be the thing was damn useless because the first time you met the detective or a slightly above average armed sec officer you were going to get tagged by a shotgun and die

has this changed if not there's no issue tbh except in lowpop where murderboning always was a problem anyway
people are awful at understanding the concept of a PUMP action riot shotgun.

too many sec officers run in rambo and hit only 80% of the pellets, which isn't enough to knock down. then die since they have to pump to shoot another shot.

The optimal strategy is to shoot, pump, shoot, at a moderate distance.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #208553

Wardens usually don't pass out candy unless they're shit or there's a reason to. "Someone might have a dualesword" is not a reason. "Someone has a dual esword" is a better reason. "Someone with a dual esword is killing people like crazy is a good reason.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Cik

Post by Cik » #208555

riot shotgun negates the only advantage the esword has (the reflect) and takes advantage of all of it's disadvantages

-they have to come at you to kill you
-they can't just run around at medium range and expect to achieve anything except die
-they require maximum runspeed to effectively kill anything

when i play HOS i never leave roundstart without one on my armor tbh, they are just too useful. even for general self-defense they are excellent as the ammo count is high, ROF is moderate and they can hit multiple targets.

the knockdown is just gravy, the real appeal is how it can slow down an entire hallway of revs chasing you or whatever.
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #208561

Is this whole '"hey guys this thing is OP" "NUH UH LOOK AT THIS LIST OF 5 THINGS YOU MIGHT DIE TO IF YOU'RE STUPID"' game you guys play fun? I know that it's an old favorite, but people usually reserve it for conversations regarding cyborgs.

The only situation in SS13 where hard counters work is in the case of slimes being harmed by fire extinguishers, because extinguishers are ubiquitous enough that you can reasonably find one if you encounter them.

As the guy who added them as a goddamn joke I'm disgusted every time I see someone rampaging through the crew with them like this is some kind of GTA clone.
Digdugxx wrote:Tbh you're dead meat if one person bola's you cuz then you get swarmed and you cant run, also being hit by a pie totally wrecks you :Z
Shields not blocking thrown items when they block goddamn bullets is a bug/oversight. The fact that people are resorting to pies to counter traitors because they have a murdersword that blocks everything else is ridiculous.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #208571

Doesn't any melee stun beat this though like I'm pretty sure in terms of hits per kill the stun prod wins
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #208579

>Post thing that doesn't have easy counters and demand to know why it still exists and has no counters
>People list multiple
>Insist the counters listed aren't good enough
>Go back to 1

Repeat until thread closed
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Cik

Post by Cik » #208582

Cheridan wrote:Is this whole '"hey guys this thing is OP" "NUH UH LOOK AT THIS LIST OF 5 THINGS YOU MIGHT DIE TO IF YOU'RE STUPID"' game you guys play fun? I know that it's an old favorite, but people usually reserve it for conversations regarding cyborgs.

The only situation in SS13 where hard counters work is in the case of slimes being harmed by fire extinguishers, because extinguishers are ubiquitous enough that you can reasonably find one if you encounter them.

As the guy who added them as a goddamn joke I'm disgusted every time I see someone rampaging through the crew with them like this is some kind of GTA clone.
Digdugxx wrote:Tbh you're dead meat if one person bola's you cuz then you get swarmed and you cant run, also being hit by a pie totally wrecks you :Z
Shields not blocking thrown items when they block goddamn bullets is a bug/oversight. The fact that people are resorting to pies to counter traitors because they have a murdersword that blocks everything else is ridiculous.
it doesn't block bullets

why is this even a problem does everything have to be countered by something "readily available"?

if that's the case then literally everything in the uplink is super broken. emag uncounterable revolver uncounterable stech uncounterable

there's literally nothing in the station that counters 99% of antag weapon except "shoot back" which counters eswords too so who cares
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #208668

Cik wrote:
it doesn't block bullets

why is this even a problem does everything have to be countered by something "readily available"?

if that's the case then literally everything in the uplink is super broken. emag uncounterable revolver uncounterable stech uncounterable

there's literally nothing in the station that counters 99% of antag weapon except "shoot back" which counters eswords too so who cares
I was referring to lasers (which would be even harder to deflect realistically but whatever)

To answer your question, yes. Hard counters that are not readily available leads to cancer.
"Le just baton/bola/soap him!" -- Ok, so I can use those to counter a dualsworder. Assuming that I have those items, which require advance preparation. So then at roundstart, I go ahead and make my stunprod/bola/cablecuffs so I don't later get killed in 1 click.
Oh wait, except that's what people call powergaming.
The only decent suggestion provided is Kor's solution, which uses two reasonably-available items with no prep time. Everything else just feeds into this JUST IN CASE powergame mentality that everyone claims to hate yet does nothing against.

The examples you've provided are all much more balanced than dualsabers. Emags -- well first of all you're pulling things out of your ass because emags don't effectively kill people in 1 hit so they're not relevant to what we're talking about. But most items affected by an emag can be repaired later. So in this case a toolbox is the counter. As for the guns, they're intrinsically limited by ammo. Even if you have access to a lathe to make more ammo, you're still limited by inventory space and there's an additional risk of people seeing you print it.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #208669

I don't claim to hate it. Powergaming, for better or worse, is an inseparable part of SS13, and removing it turns you into Bay where you have to pretend to not know shit and get killed by antags. In small doses, IE taking the soap as a weapon, is healthy to the round when someone tries to murderbone.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #208671

Any vaguely experienced double esword spree guy gets no slips anyway.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #208673

Why the titfuck should a 16TC investment (+2tc for noslips so the clown isn't a hard counter against you) be something that people should be able to instantly counter with no preparation?

If someone's running around with a dual esword murderbonering, there are two cases to deal with him

1) "I am sec": Get the detective's revolver / a buckshot shotgun and GG NO RE them.

2) "I am not sec" or "I am sec and the armory was memed": Make a stunprod or two, preferably get a second person with you in case of KO memes, and GG NO RE him
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cik

Post by Cik » #208676

i still don't get it cheri, what's the alternative go back to the old esword with <100% block chance where 20% of the time the first taser just ggnores you with no defense?

i still don't think a melee only weapon that requires the extremely asinine yackety sax clickspam SS13 melee application, allows you to hold nothing else and takes up literally all your TC is a problem. maybe if there really were no counters but there are plenty, the station starts with them and they are readily available. sure, you may be the first to die to a surprise desword but at the same time that happens all the time with every other syndie weapon; there is no real defense vs. a quickdrawed surprise stechkin or revolver either, at least the desword takes a moment to flip on and you have time to clear melee. revolver is just "ur ded" in two hits and running doesn't really help.
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #208677

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Why the titfuck should a 16TC investment (+2tc for noslips so the clown isn't a hard counter against you) be something that people should be able to instantly counter with no preparation?
I ROLLED TRAITOR AND PAID 18 TC SO I GET TO MURDERBONE A TON OF PEOPLE BEFORE THEY FINALLY HARDCOUNTER ME AND I DIE is the pinnacle of the grief-lottery and I'm disappointed that a maintainer is defending it.

It doesn't matter what the hard counters are, the fact that it's an item that requires a hard counter means it has no place in SS13.

For the record, batons are not a counter. They simply put you on equal footing where the person who gets the first click wins.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #208679

Well, boo fucking hoo, that's the culture our rules and code created, and our admins are generally for status quo.
Bring back papercult.

Cik

Post by Cik » #208681

that's basically a counter considering the guys with batons outnumber you (conservatively) 3 to one

besides, there's tons of things that counter the desword without being a hardcounter

AOE flash spam
flashbang
shotgun
disarm spam
weaken
throwing things at him
anything that embeds incl spears
syringe gun
diseases
siphoning the room he's in
door bolts(?)

i've never really understood your hatred for hard counters anyway, they're an inevitability when talking about high-tier gear, if the gear can be countered constantly by extremely common equipment it's probably fated to be terrible. keep in mind that in most cases the desword is going to be alone and outnumbered 30~ to 1, at least.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #208688

> Make a PR removing popular traitor item
> Get negative reaction
> Claim that it's because people don't understand paranoia and want deathmatch
> Get pointed out what changes be necessary to bring paranoia back (hint, it's not removing eswords)
> Get triggered, delete criticism

Wew.
Bring back papercult.

John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #208689

literally "i ded pls restart"

what kind of fucking retarded ass autistic excuse of a human being do you have to be to say "ree remove dual eswords"

THEY COST FUCKING 16 TC

PAYING BASICALLY ALL OF YOUR CREDITS FOR A VERY POWERFUL WEAPON IS BALENCED, THERE ARE PLENTY OF HARD COUNTERS, YOU ARE JUST FUCKING MAD YOU GOT MURDERBONED BY SOMEONE WHO WANTED TO (RIGHTFULLY, YOU DESERVE NOTHING MORE) REMOVE YOU FROM THE ROUND

The game isn't "lets regulate everything a crew aboard a space station does by the power of a omniscent rule book enforced by someone with infinite power" its "lets give the station tools to defeat said problem"

you have to be a special kind of autist to even consider this as anything but shit posting.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #208692

Proposal: Replace dualeswords with the hugbox. Hitting someone with it heal them to full and gives them encouraging messages, and a little heart will float up.

Hell have everyone start with them both permanently attached to their hands, that way everyone can have fun playing the game together and never risks someone getting dunked and subsequently upset. Because heavens knows we don't want people dying in our game, no sir.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #208693

I kind of want to see what would happen if we removed all the traitor weapons for a day. Like see if the focus goes from "WHOOO BUY DUAL ESWORD AND KILL EVERYONE" to using trickery, stealth, and the station resources to complete their objectives and sabotage the station or if they just sort of immediately break into the armory every round and grab as many guns as they can and just use those to kill everyone instead.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #208694

git gud
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #208696

Maybe just remove the guaranteed limb removal? Like make it so limbs cannot be removed while you're standing? Because that's where the bullshit one-hit-kill nature of it comes from.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #208697

Imagine if double esword was also a stun prod all in one? You would cry op, right? But that's what it is because of dismemberment. You get tapped once and you're without hands and feet.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #208701

The double e-sword is when you want to end your round but go out killing people doing it.
It's /utterly/ terrible for extended fights, a CMO can get a lucky telebaton off on you and BAM ROUND OVER CYA TRAITOR.

You guys are also forgetting the juggling body part targetting you have to do to kill someone after chopping off their leg.
I play Boris Pepper.
Eaglendia
Byond Username: Eaglendia

Post by Eaglendia » #208704

TechnoAlchemist wrote:Doesn't any melee stun beat this though like I'm pretty sure in terms of hits per kill the stun prod wins
double-bladed energy swords actually have 75% melee block, which means that against most armor, a double-esword aimed at a head or chest will stun more often than a stunprod or baton aimed at a double esword user.

also you can chop people's legs off with it and they'll fall over and drop whatever they're holding. (as bluespace mentioned though this is pretty unreliable as there's no good way to switch hit locations when potentially fighting multiple people)

i don't have a problem with the weapon myself though i think the buff to melee block was pretty dumb, it's kind of a braindead murderbone tool, especially so when paired with noslips. dismemberment was also kind of a stealth buff to it as well. i don't necessarily think it needs to be removed, but some of the numbers should probably be tweaked.
╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Millian MacTavish • Braids Grenades • Eliott Graves • Tyrell Stone
In-game trialmin; certified boomer.
Be rational, be responsible, and be excellent to eachother.
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
Trialmin ReviewAlways better, never perfect.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #208705

Also flashbangs are a hard counter.

They can get glasses but ear protection is harder.
I play Boris Pepper.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #208708

"i ded pls nerf"
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #208711

>it's a "cheridan doesn't understand the game" episode
Xerux
Byond Username: Xerux

Post by Xerux » #208738

Do bullets actually get through?

I unloaded all of my shells into a dual-sworder as the detective and got "nothin personnel kid"ed before I could pull my baton out when in the past it worked even if a taser didn't.
Spoiler:
Nolan Field - Various, Solar - Cyborg, Watcher - AI, Honksey - Clown, Sy Lent - Mime, Aveil Nahara - Inactive, Ayden Fryer - Data Lost | Byond, Github
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #208739

Oh hey, people who were screeching about a lack of counters are now doing a 360? Wew, when are secborgs getting re-added! Or does it only count if you use it?
Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #208740

InsaneHyena wrote:> Make a PR removing popular traitor item
> Get negative reaction
> Get pointed out what changes be necessary to bring paranoia back (hint, it's not removing eswords)

Wew.
more like
>shitpost in headcoder pr
>get shitpost deleted

keep yelling "u ded" though, i'm sure that it will eventually convince me

btw his idea to "bring back paranoia" was to remove gang mode and clockcult mode. super insightful.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #208750

People explained their arguments as to why it isn't OP in great detail, you're just either too dense to listen or you have an agenda.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #208753

I say keep them, it allows the captain to get a pretty cool weapon once the esworded gets inevitably dunked.
Last edited by Slignerd on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #208760

I deleted the shitposts not Cheridan, if you have an issue with that, bring it up with me.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #208767

also, on a side note.

if you give everyone dual energy swords, maybe it wont be a problem.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #208771

John_Oxford wrote:also, on a side note.

if you give everyone dual energy swords, maybe it wont be a problem.
We already have that though, it's called Highlander! :o
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #208801

Cheridan wrote:
InsaneHyena wrote:> Make a PR removing popular traitor item
> Get negative reaction

Wew.
more like
>shitpost in headcoder pr
>get shitpost deleted

keep yelling "u ded" though, i'm sure that it will eventually convince me

btw his idea to "bring back paranoia" was to remove gang mode and clockcult mode. super insightful.
Paranoia will never be back, it's not what the game as a whole is about, and both of you fucks can't handle game discussion at all. Stop making excuses and stop playing if you don't like it.
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #208809

Sligneris wrote:I say keep them, it allows the captain to get a pretty cool weapon once the esworded gets inevitably dunked.
Make it so the captain's rapier and the dual esword have a chance of parrying eachother so they can have climatic sword fights
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #208828

Cheridan wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Why the titfuck should a 16TC investment (+2tc for noslips so the clown isn't a hard counter against you) be something that people should be able to instantly counter with no preparation?
It doesn't matter what the hard counters are, the fact that it's an item that requires a hard counter means it has no place in SS13.

For the record, batons are not a counter. They simply put you on equal footing where the person who gets the first click wins.
I mean you can totally run at a dual esworder with disarm intent and try to disarm him, you'll just probbably get your legs cut off.
And saying "This item requires a hard counter" when the hard counter is "Any melee stun, slip (if no noslips), lube spray, or projectile weapon" is kinda disingenuous. "X class of weapons does not work against someone carrying this weapon" is hardly the same as "You must be wearing a hardsuit to not be instakilled by the tesla"[1] or "Breaking electric grilles without gloves results in instant death".

In fact, you might even be able to just throw another assistant at the dual esworder to instantly knock them down, although I've not tried that because I've not seen a dual esworder who wasn't doing a jedu gimmick in about six months.

[1] Never fear, PKP and the Bullshit Wand have made it fair and balanced! Now you get instakilled by the explodsla anyway
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕