The Being, or "Another Goddamn Xhuis Gamemode"

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

What should the antagonist be called?

The Being
39%
The Protean
30%
Other (leave a reply)
9%
I don't care
21%

Total votes: 33

Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

The Being, or "Another Goddamn Xhuis Gamemode"

Post by Xhuis » #212809

"The Being is an abomination. It is something that should not exist. All evidence points towards its existence owing to artificial creation, but surely nothing would want to create a monstrosity such as the Being. As with any organism, it must eat to grow. To survive, the Being requires Biomass..." - Classified Nanotrasen Document NT-T-MJ-012

This is an upcoming cooperative (NOT CONVERSION-BASED) gamemode centered around the Being - a horror of flesh and blood that wishes to infect the station and "integrate" its machinery and lifeforms. One player starts out as the Corpuscle and serves as the Being’s command center; they determine where to expand, how to expand, what to take over. All other chosen players, determined by round population, are Follicles. They exist to serve the Corpuscle’s will. Corpuscles look and function exactly like regular humans until it decides to “plant” itself; Follicles will cast off their disguise shortly after this planting event.

Distinguishing features of this gamemode from past gamemodes include a much more in-depth and complex experience for the leader - including a research tree - and adaptive defenses and playstyles to keep every round interesting.

More to come as the initial design expands and code framework is laid out. You can find the design document here; check back constantly for updates.
Last edited by Xhuis on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Re: The Being, or "Another Goddamn Xhuis Gamemode"

Post by Armhulen » #212812

fun idea
TechnoAlchemist
Byond Username: TechnoAlchemist

Post by TechnoAlchemist » #212818

sounds like clockcult-shadowling fusion without conversion

must be a coincidence
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #212819

it's blob
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #212821

Sounds like an actually fun blob mode
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212830

Blob 2.0: Goon Meatstation Edition

I'm down. I love blob, and this sounds like blob.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #212844

Why do you make a thread in feedback when you have no actual work to show? Very vague, no actual framework.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212869

Super Aggro Crag wrote:Why do you make a thread in feedback when you have no actual work to show? Very vague, no actual framework.
I wanted people's opinions on the idea before I put forth code into something that nobody liked or wanted. As feedback seems pretty positive thus far, I'll wrap up the design document's summary and post it here when I get home.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #212870

Xhuis if you want a playtester I'm game.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212872

I'll PM you when I get home.

Anyway, two things not made immediately clear:
  • The Being doesn't consume or destroy the station. Rather, it infects it, transforming existing turf and taking over machinery. Whereas a blobbed area is just a bunch of blob, an infected area is a traversable hellscape of flesh and bone, with strange structures and twisted machines.
  • There is no conversion of players. Being caught ends with either your mindless husk serving the Corpuscle or a violent, agonizing death.
Last edited by Xhuis on Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #212873

ShadowDimentio wrote:Xhuis if you want a playtester I'm game.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212874

I'll have answers for you two after I get home haha
Last edited by Xhuis on Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #212878

Ideas dont really matter without any solid mechanics behind them. A concept might sound cool but with no idea of how it'll actually be implemented any feedback generated is meaningless.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212880

You needn't worry about not knowing how I'll implement it. I already have plans for a lot of the systems and I'm cooperating with some others on a lot of decisions.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #212881

Sounds neat but I'd like to see what the mechanics will be haha
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #212883

I'm interested but I'd like to hear how the mechanics would be. It sounds very similar to old Blob but it sounds like it would also have some major differences.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #212885

If acquiring different machines don't let you do different things/ control them (supply console: delete all supply points/ use supply points for your self, robotics contol:destroy cyborgs, vending machines: shoots stuff at people) than shit game mode
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #212889

This seems a lot like blob only different. i think this is a good thing since blob has some potential but as is it fucking blows
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212906

It definitely has its gameplay roots in blob. One of my core goals for this mode is a blob that's fun to both play as and play against, instead of being awful to fight. Basic mechanics are very clearly defined in the design doc, which you should have within a half-hour. Stay tuned.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212910

OP updated with a link to the design document. You have commenting rights for suggestions and thoughts, so try to provide constructive feedback instead of flaming or I'll be forced to disable them entirely.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #212918

Third time's the charm, amirite?
Bring back papercult.

Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212921

Here's to that. I consider clockcult a success, but if this is better than clockcult, all the better.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #212925

Are you gonna post a whitelist of whos allowed to code for this and who isnt?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212928

Right now I only have the barebones code down. Git put in a new system recently that lets people propose changes, so I suppose anyone can make suggestions easily once the PR is made. So, to answer your question, technically everyone who wants to contribute.

As for playtesting/suggestions, I'm consulting Joan for their opinion on a lot of my choices, and I've already had some offers for playtesting. I'll be keeping in touch with those people as well, asking their opinions on stuff and seeing how they think it'd play.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #212930

okay now i looked at the design document, and yeah this is pretty damn amazing.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #212969

Nice. I don't think that conversion gamemodes are inherently bad, but we could use more non-conversion antags. Now you just need to figure out what can be done with the Chrono Legionnaire and/or Space Ninja
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #212973

Luke Cox wrote:Nice. I don't think that conversion gamemodes are inherently bad, but we could use more non-conversion antags.
That's my philosophy. With two gamemodes one-after-another involving conversion, it wasn't that great. People are sick of conversion modes being the only new modes - that's why this mode involves no conversion, only deeeath..
Now you just need to figure out what can be done with the Chrono Legionnaire and/or Space Ninja
They're dead to me
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #212974

Luke Cox wrote:Now you just need to figure out what can be done with the Chrono Legionnaire
Syndicate agent from the future sent back in time to erase a specific individual from history before they can accomplish some sort of major scientific breakthrough. Also has a list of people he must not erase in order to prevent a major time fuck up (also red text). Under no circumstances should he make any physical contact with his present self or both present and future agent will merge into a pile of goo and disappear.

[youtube]D01mdGW9-Zg[/youtube]

Erasing his present self is an absolute no no as well for obvious reasons
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #212977

Won't you have to add new sprites for everything that is infected by 'the being'?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #212981

I am VERY interested in this.

I once sprited a lot of body-horror humans, are any of these of use?
humanoid-horrors.dmi
humanoid-horrors.dmi (5.4 KiB) Viewed 14116 times
Huge preview:
Spoiler:
The multiple frames of the "headstraight" are it's animated attack (it basically headbangs you to death)
Having looked at the SCP you linked in the design doc, they seem to fit the theme.
私は完璧
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #212991

What keeps people from instantly calling this out as soon as they spot it growing? I saw the stuff about Lariats in the design doc, but unless someone is foolish enough to walk onto the potentially-trapped infected tiles BEFORE yelling ";IT'S A BEING ROUND EVERYBODY TO STARBOARD SOLAR MAINT BRING GUNS", that won't help.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #213023

Remie Richards wrote:snipsnop
Glad to hear you're interested. Yes, this stuff is all helpful to what I'm looking for, and I'll likely use it. Thanks!
Drynwyn wrote:snipsnop
One thing I forgot to mention is that the Being and its creatures have night vision, thus causing expansion to integrate any lights nearby so they can be activated only at the Corpuscle's will. Lariats are best situated in dark areas so that people are more likely to stumble into them before they can spot the rest of the growth. If the Corpuscle is spotted early, there's little they can do but push on with an emphasis on defense (see the Attrition Phase).
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #213039

Xhuis wrote:
Drynwyn wrote:snipsnop
One thing I forgot to mention is that the Being and its creatures have night vision, thus causing expansion to integrate any lights nearby so they can be activated only at the Corpuscle's will. Lariats are best situated in dark areas so that people are more likely to stumble into them before they can spot the rest of the growth. If the Corpuscle is spotted early, there's little they can do but push on with an emphasis on defense (see the Attrition Phase).
Yes, that would work well.
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #213049

Remie Richards wrote:snip
All of that kinda reminds me of that one Lisa game, the one with joy and shit
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #213054

TheColdTurtle wrote:
The painful or The joyful?

Both have joy mutants
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #213085

Maybe you won't leave this one to die like shadowling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #213089

NikNakFlak wrote:Maybe you won't leave this one to die like shadowling. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
This is gonna suck to sprite. At least shadowlings are just black and red.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213093

#BringBackSlings
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #213095

ShadowDimentio wrote:#BringBackSlings
i like you and your ideas, but it needs a lot of work
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213097

I liked it the way it was, all that was wrong was the powers got broken by bugs constantly.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #213099

I like the body horror aspect and it sounds very similar in idea and play to The Many from System Shock 2. Plus it is a bit more of a sci-fi staple than Blob classic which is more of an ever-expanding wall of flesh while this is more like an actual infection.

Also I'm of the opinion that the initial infection vectors (the Corpuscule mainly) should have some innate ability to get around airlocks and security cams during the set-up phase. Like how the Changeling armblade can force open an airlock. Maybe give them a biotool that can quickly and quietly force open an airlock and cut cams without an alarm.
I think it might also be a good idea to define which machines can be "infected" and how they behave when taken over. I had a few ideas but I'm not overly sure of the feasibility.
  • Such as:-
  • Security cameras could be taken over so the AI and cam console can no longer see though them but The Being can use them as it's own eyes. Fire alarms/APCs/Air alarms could just bed locked out anyone that's not The Being, including silicons like how clockcult airlocks work.
  • The Cloning pod could be used to passively generate biomass at a somewhat high rate, making it all the more important to defend.
  • Maybe infecting the crusher let's it convert anything dropped into it into biomass, not sure how useful that would be.
  • The robotics console could be accessed to lockdown or detonate cyborgs, or hack them if that would be beneficial to The Being.
  • Infesting the AI could flip it to be on the The Being's side with a Law 0 (and any cyborgs hooked up to it), at the cost of it being unable to control anything The Being hasn't already infected.
  • Infecting an unoccupied mech makes it hostile to the crew and behave similar to a blobbernaut. Not player-controlled.
That's all I can really think of really. I wanted to think of something for the SMES and telecomms machines but I can't see how they'd benefit it.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #213117

D&B wrote:
TheColdTurtle wrote:
The painful or The joyful?

Both have joy mutants
Never actually played those, though comparison to other things is a good sign, means I've not gone wrong anywhere.
I just know my body horror staples:
  • missing limbs
  • gaping wounds
  • lack of faces
  • insides where they shouldn't be
etc.
私は完璧
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213119

Infecting atmos gives a boost to biomass rate and unlocks dispersing the Taking and building Pustules through vents
Infecting gravgen allows toggling of gravity and unlocks a powerful station-wide stun with a long cooldown
Infecting cargo (cargo console) allows for ordering stuff
Infecting science (R&D machines) makes food web mutations cheaper
Infecting virology (viro machine) unlocks a more virulent form of the Taking
Infecting medbay (sleepers and cryo) increases heal rate of the Clot and unlocks a regen effect for everything
Infecting genetics gives a large boost to biomass rate and unlocks new mutations
Infecting AI (AI core) unlocks access the door and camera network
Infecting tcomms (main server) suppresses the alert to the crew from HQ and unlocks access to the radio network and lets you forge messages
Infecting engine gives control the station's power and unlocks electrified Arteries
Infecting nuke unlocks very powerful food web mutations
Infecting security (eating three guns) unlocks turrets and improved armor
Infecting chemistry (chem machine) boosts biomass rate and unlocks Lariats injecting chems on attack and Pustule gas being acidic

*Unlock means you only get these mutations by doing this and buying them through the food web
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #213120

it seems cool

to be honest i always liked most of your game modes, and i'll probably like this one too
good luck with it
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #213121

NikNakFlak wrote:anger
I didn't leave shadowling to die. At all. I patched it diligently until the end.
Anonmare wrote:ideas
To respond in order:
  • I am planning on allowing the Corpuscle to rip open airlocks in its human form. This leaves an obvious marker that disappears afterwards, so you can't do it on high-profile stuff like the Bridge without being outed.
  • The camera and firelock ideas are solid.
  • I actually planned on this! It's a little more sinister, though. It doesn't just create Biomass. It uses backup databanks to create living, conscious clones... then eats them alive and starts a new clone.
  • Don't think so for that. Probably just a thematic retheme into a giant maw or something.
  • Not sure about that. I planned on having borgs be able to be integrated to serve the Being, though, so I can work with that.
  • Sure. A big stompy mech with giant tendrils spewing from its mouth sounds awesome and horrifying.
ShadowDimentio wrote:ideas
To respond in order:
  • Sure. It'd be obvious, though; an invisible Taking would be immensely powerful.
  • Not sure about free control of gravity, as it's very strong and all Being structures are rooted to the ground. A stationwide gravity surge is cool though.
  • Probably not.
  • Sure, that's cool.
  • Ooh, evil. I like it.
  • Sure. It'd have to be a specific machine, though; maybe a crew monitor or something.
  • See above; the clone pod will turn into a Biomass generator of eternal agony. The research machines could easily allow for hidden upgrades though.
  • Unlikely to ever happen but sure. I plan for the AI to gain access to the Mesh and basically go totally insane with its laws. Like, even more errored-up than the malf law.
  • Probably only the forging, and on a big CD. There's no alert message like blob has for the Being.
  • Definitely no power control. An electric fence made of flesh sounds amazing, though. Hmm... teslium gland upgrade, anyone?
  • Oh, yeah. And some even more horrifying body horror. That's a lot of uranium.
  • Not bad.
Thank you everyone for all the suggestions, feedback, and support. I'll 100% keep them in mind when I start coding in earnest.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213124

Not uranium, even worse-- plutonium.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #213156

Remie just play the Lisa games, start with the painful. Both fucking amazing games and it may be useful when thinking of body horror ideas. Also don't look anything up about the story.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #213165

Spoiler: Life sucks and everyone dies
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #213367

I've got plenty of free time today, so I'll get some work done on the design doc and maybe even some code framework. Make sure to check back frequently.
jaxy15
Byond Username: Jaxy15

Post by jaxy15 » #213374

Plasma cutters should do extra damage to Necromorphs Follicles.