Clothing Damage

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Usednapkin

Re: Clothing Damage

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #219267

Bottom post of the previous page:

For one, make backpacks invlunerable. They are your main form of storage. If they burn, you literally can't effectively carry something.
Exosuits burning is fine, honestly, as long as they aren't space-worthy (as that would make no sense anyway). Armored clothing shouldn't burn.
Uniforms burning is fine. Shoes burning, fine. Gloves, belts, hats (helmets should not burn.)

Make the clothing damage to basic shit, not everything. Uniforms and misc exo suit stuff burning and the occasional belt item and pockets isn't a big deal and doesn't ruin gameplay, while still offering clothing damage. I don't care if it's not realistic. Backpacks should be treated as they are used, which is the primary form of "bag of holding-style" storage. This game is still an RPG of sorts. It don't need to be realistic.

The feature isn't inherently bad, although the burnt objects look like shit, but in it's state, it is annoying and not really any sort of fun.
i play :):):):):)autumn sinnow
this man's:):):):):) army
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219270

420goslingboy69 wrote:For one, make backpacks invlunerable. They are your main form of storage. If they burn, you literally can't effectively carry something.
Exosuits burning is fine, honestly, as long as they aren't space-worthy (as that would make no sense anyway). Armored clothing shouldn't burn.
Uniforms burning is fine. Shoes burning, fine. Gloves, belts, hats (helmets should not burn.)

Make the clothing damage to basic shit, not everything. Uniforms and misc exo suit stuff burning and the occasional belt item and pockets isn't a big deal and doesn't ruin gameplay, while still offering clothing damage. I don't care if it's not realistic. Backpacks should be treated as they are used, which is the primary form of "bag of holding-style" storage. This game is still an RPG of sorts. It don't need to be realistic.

The feature isn't inherently bad, although the burnt objects look like shit, but in it's state, it is annoying and not really any sort of fun.
A PR already exists for a couple of these suggestions. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/21036
It might not be immediately obvious since github is separate from the forums, but we are listening to your feedback.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #219273

It appears to me there is already an indestructable tag in the new system, so shouldn't it be rather easy to make clothing indestructable?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #219277

It would be neat to have items burn and get damage depending on the temperature, plasma fire can get 20 times hotter than the surface of the fucking Sun and at that point anything up to helmets and armor should burn
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #219337

PKPenguin321 wrote:
420goslingboy69 wrote:For one, make backpacks invlunerable. They are your main form of storage. If they burn, you literally can't effectively carry something.

A PR already exists for a couple of these suggestions. https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/21036
It might not be immediately obvious since github is separate from the forums, but we are listening to your feedback.
Yeah, I don't check Github really ever because the layout is shitty and I'm a lazy dummy, but I just want to tell the coders that are really working, really have made the server so much better and I personally appreciate the work you guys have put in. The code overtime and the level of care that has gone in has honestly improved since I used to play. I understand a lot of you guys, like Goof, get a lot of shit, but you guys started working on coding for a reason, and I would assume and like to believe that was because you guys care about the game and want to see it prosper and you be a part of it. I'm just glad to see people care about a simple game that I care about to such an extent, because I love Space Station 13. I think it's the perfect game (Lifeweb is the other side of the coin to this perfect game) and I find it so valuable to see a game built on what we all wanted as a space-fantasy escapism play out and get to be a part of it, too.
So, what I'm trying to say is I'm glad we can all come together and enjoy something we all find value in, as a whole. I like to think we all slightly understand each other, by playing the game, so we all exist with each other, so it just makes the world seem not so alone. Maybe I'm just sentimental for this game, but there is a reason so many oldfags stay here to talk about this game and it's because of the impact it had on their lives.
So thanks guys and sorry if I ever seem or am a dick. I just want to be myself and want others to self-improve to the point I will selfishly challenge you on it, while keeping the superiority of my supposed disposition. Again, I just want to be seen as myself, so to lower that and just be kind seems inhuman. I should express how I feel towards you guys, because you would to do the same, in a never ending forum argument where we are all trying to "win" every conflict that presents itself.
Also on molly because this is probably going to be a feeling bubble of love and
I love you guys ;-; I've had so much fun over the years and met so many cool people and I love the whole thing and could go on forever about it, but don't you faggots ever think I don't care about what I feel is right for the best ss13. That's all I've ever cared about for ss13. I love this autism simulator and want it to be enjoyed in the way I found has the most value for myself and others.
Last edited by 420goslingboy69 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTRO:):):):):)YERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERD:):):):):)ESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROY:):):):):)ERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDEST:):):):):)ROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDES:):):):):)TROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYERDESTROYER
:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219344

you too
Spoiler:
420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #219349

thanks

420goslingboy69
Rarely plays

Post by 420goslingboy69 » #219453

yo i fucking love molly

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #219678

fun fact with the new system swarmers can break clothes if they shock you enough times. So the new swarmer meta is to stunlock someone until all their clothes break and only then teleport them away
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #219703

Grazyn wrote:fun fact with the new system swarmers can break clothes if they shock you enough times. So the new swarmer meta is to stunlock someone until all their clothes break and only then teleport them away
Are you sure? I thought phil fixed stamina damage breaking clothes.
Spoiler:
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #219705

Anything phil makes/fixes always ends up good so I have faith.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #219716

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Grazyn wrote:fun fact with the new system swarmers can break clothes if they shock you enough times. So the new swarmer meta is to stunlock someone until all their clothes break and only then teleport them away
Are you sure? I thought phil fixed stamina damage breaking clothes.
I posted right after a round where swarmers stunlocked and destroyed clothes. It was on Basyl
phil235
Byond Username: Phil235

Post by phil235 » #219772

Will be fixed by https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/21089

Remember to report issues on github so that coders are aware of them, I don't read all forum threads.
I'm a tgstation coding maintainer janitor