So, how do you feel about clockcult?

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Do you like clockcult?

Yeah, it's amazing! I love it.
20%
I like it, but it's nothing extraordinary.
20%
It's good but has a few huge problems that prevent me from liking it more. (Please explain below)
9%
I'm indifferent to it.
13%
A few problems spoil the whole gamemode for me. (Please explain below)
9%
I don't like it, but I can bear it.
13%
Clockcult is the worst gamemode on /tg/.
16%

Total votes: 45

Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: So, how do you feel about clockcult?

Post by Xhuis » #221015

Bottom post of the previous page:

Feedback-based PR has been created here. Input appreciated.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #221017

420 praise it
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #221023

So, turns out that Joan was doing infrastructure improvements to the whole of clockcult at the same time that I was making this. In favor of having more easily modifiable code, I've closed my PR until theirs is in.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #221108

I don't have a git account so I hope you don't mind if I post feedback for the update here:
To address the elephant in the room, the reskinned stun paper. Please don't do this. The stun paper (and the shuttle extender) is the only things the bloodcult has as an edge over clock cult in the balance department. Clock cult has FAR stronger bases, has infinitely summonable weapons with no true cost, automatic conversion runes, automatic stun runes, xray vision, all sorts of machines that do crazy shit, the best armor in the game + noslips + combat gloves, and solo conversions, along with a load of other crazy shit.
Having the equivalent of stunpaper on Ratvar makes Ratvar simply objectively better than bloodcult. I'd personally recommend reworking judicial visor to do the following:

The explosion delay is reduced by half or whatever is balanced
The explode effect now marks all non-servants of Ratvar in a 3x3 area
The mark slows and mutes you, and you become glowy in some way (perhaps just a sickly purple color filter or maybe something more significant like a animated sprite attached to you)
Ratvar's purple fireball bullshit can now be used to melee people affected by the mark to stun them for 10 seconds (stunpaper)
Probably shouldn't be able to combo into itself endlessly
Mark should also probably expire in a reasonable amount of time

Effectively still stunpaper but requires alot more effort to make work.

Also: the new sentinel's compromise sounds... too useful? I don't remember the cost of the scripture but I feel like it'll be too low or too high no matter what it is. Maybe make the heal effect get cancelled by taking damage.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #221171

Kel wrote:I don't have a git account so I hope you don't mind if I post feedback for the update here:
To address the elephant in the room, the reskinned stun paper. Please don't do this. The stun paper (and the shuttle extender) is the only things the bloodcult has as an edge over clock cult in the balance department. Clock cult has FAR stronger bases, has infinitely summonable weapons with no true cost, automatic conversion runes, automatic stun runes, xray vision, all sorts of machines that do crazy shit, the best armor in the game + noslips + combat gloves, and solo conversions, along with a load of other crazy shit.
Having the equivalent of stunpaper on Ratvar makes Ratvar simply objectively better than bloodcult. I'd personally recommend reworking judicial visor to do the following:

The explosion delay is reduced by half or whatever is balanced
The explode effect now marks all non-servants of Ratvar in a 3x3 area
The mark slows and mutes you, and you become glowy in some way (perhaps just a sickly purple color filter or maybe something more significant like a animated sprite attached to you)
Ratvar's purple fireball bullshit can now be used to melee people affected by the mark to stun them for 10 seconds (stunpaper)
Probably shouldn't be able to combo into itself endlessly
Mark should also probably expire in a reasonable amount of time

Effectively still stunpaper but requires alot more effort to make work.

Also: the new sentinel's compromise sounds... too useful? I don't remember the cost of the scripture but I feel like it'll be too low or too high no matter what it is. Maybe make the heal effect get cancelled by taking damage.
No worries, feedback is fine here too.

I've been talking with Joan, who's made a tooooooon of changes to clockcult, about a stun/conversion method. We're still brainstorming, though. As for the Sentinel's Boon, I've had a few people actually say it was too weak. I figured that, since it was weaker than what you can already make infinitely on the station, it would be all right.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #222293

Just had a clockcult round in which the cult had as objective to convert or kill all silicons.

Which is piss easy with how they can convert borgs and just walk into the AI core.....
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #222305

Hard to convert without getting spotted due to the lack of stun/mute tools at T1
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #222460

Guvax recently got a rework here. Invoking it makes your slab visible in your hand and causes it to restrain (only like 5-second breakout) and start converting whoever you attack. Since I don't expect everyone to use GitHub, offer feedback here and I'll relay it to Joan.
CPTANT wrote:Silicons
I don't see a reason to change this. If an obviously-converted borg - they have yellow eyes or have to use a headlamp constantly - is bringing a random schmuck onto the satellite, a competent AI would recognize the threat, either using the mounted flasher to disable the borg, using turrets to disable the cultist, or both, giving them enough time to alert the crew to the threat. The AI can only be converted if the cultist isn't kept stunlocked by an overridden Pingsky or turrets - otherwise, all the borg can do is kill the AI, leaving it available for restoration later on.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #222491

Xhuis wrote:Guvax recently got a rework here. Invoking it makes your slab visible in your hand and causes it to restrain (only like 5-second breakout) and start converting whoever you attack. Since I don't expect everyone to use GitHub, offer feedback here and I'll relay it to Joan.
CPTANT wrote:Silicons
I don't see a reason to change this. If an obviously-converted borg - they have yellow eyes or have to use a headlamp constantly - is bringing a random schmuck onto the satellite, a competent AI would recognize the threat, either using the mounted flasher to disable the borg, using turrets to disable the cultist, or both, giving them enough time to alert the crew to the threat. The AI can only be converted if the cultist isn't kept stunlocked by an overridden Pingsky or turrets - otherwise, all the borg can do is kill the AI, leaving it available for restoration later on.
You have no idea how borg vs AI works, do you?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #222498

Borg versus AI is "the second the AI is inattentive, the AI's apc is off and it's being converted/killed/whatever"
That's why syndiborgs were bullshit, for one.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #222653

Borg versus non-rogue AI is "Subverted Borg (234) open upload and keep turrets disabled while I upload a suicide law"
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #222712

AI v. borg is a weird territory. I've played probably twenty, thirty rounds as AI and usually the flasher is enough to stop most borgs (hence why I cited it). The REALLY robust ones will camera your core and remotely disable your APC, so there's zero way to counter that. Most silicon warfare is bullshit though.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #223978

Why can cult bases be done off z-level? There's no counterplay to this and it's extremely cheesy.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #223994

BeeSting12 wrote:Why can cult bases be done off z-level? There's no counterplay to this and it's extremely cheesy.
I actually implemented a blocker for this but people didn't like it.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #224001

I feel the gamemode highly encourages the cult to go off station, since bases are very visible and raided extremely easy before they are well fortified.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #224007

Further feedback is that I feel that clockcult has the same problem that narsie cult used to have, that it is way easier to just abduct and convert people than it is to use all the fancy pants unlocked magical stuff.

Also having FOUR ways of converting people feels redundant.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #225286

CPTANT wrote:Further feedback is that I feel that clockcult has the same problem that narsie cult used to have, that it is way easier to just abduct and convert people than it is to use all the fancy pants unlocked magical stuff.

Also having FOUR ways of converting people feels redundant.
Plus clockcult conversion just feels like a pain in the ass. You have no way of making people reliably stand still in your first level of magitech. So they can genuinely just resist out and sax away the second you run up with your glowy purple shit and then you get rolled by security. At least nar-si you have an effective and workable tactic to convert, as ratvar you have to act like a greyshit or normal tator and use mundane methods to knock fuckers out then convert them.

The slab having an option to actually stun people without having to pop down an obvious as fuck and stationary rune that only works when you get discovered and will only be used on the first level ensuring that if it does actually stun someone they immediately screech 'cult' and you get rolled.

Oh and base building is just genuinely the worst. There is no place to hide on the station that nosy greyshits and bored security won't meander into.
letshavecake
Byond Username: Letshavecake

Post by letshavecake » #225369

As long as you can get a semi-reliable source of recruits, off station bases are more fun anyway, for both the home and away teams
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #227143

Converted borgs shouldn't receive the emmaged modules.

You just need one flash and you basically got rid of any and all obstacles for converting the AI and anyone else.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #227154

D&B wrote:Converted borgs shouldn't receive the emmaged modules.

You just need one flash and you basically got rid of any and all obstacles for converting the AI and anyone else.
This is todo; I plan to replace the emag modules with a small set of scripture and or a tool for each borg.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
D&B

Post by D&B » #227168

ChangelingRain wrote:

This is todo; I plan to replace the emag modules with a small set of scripture and or a tool for each borg.
I think they should just keep the normal modules. Their control of the station and doors is more than enough power for just one easy convert.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #227315

D&B wrote:
ChangelingRain wrote:

I think they should just keep the normal modules. Their control of the station and doors is more than enough power for just one easy convert.
A slab that at least lets them slowly gather components would be a nice addition though.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
D&B

Post by D&B » #227344

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
D&B wrote:
ChangelingRain wrote:

A slab that at least lets them slowly gather components would be a nice addition though.
That should be left to do to the human cultists tbqh
Spoiler:
fuck you