Purchasable Shuttles

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Re: Purchasable Shuttles

Post by Screemonster » #229381

Bottom post of the previous page:

Do loyalist crew in the pleb-compartment still count for preventing a hijack objective?

'cause they shouldn't.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #229418

Screemonster wrote:Do loyalist crew in the pleb-compartment still count for preventing a hijack objective?

'cause they shouldn't.
I could make it brig floor
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #229574

Dunno if it's intended but if you have money in a money bag (es. shitton of gold coins) it won't count for the luxury shuttle fare.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #229685

Grazyn wrote:Dunno if it's intended but if you have money in a money bag (es. shitton of gold coins) it won't count for the luxury shuttle fare.
It needs to recursively search all storage objects for money I guess
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #231131

Screemonster wrote:Do loyalist crew in the pleb-compartment still count for preventing a hijack objective?

'cause they shouldn't.
Make the pleb tiles function similarly to the brig tiles where you lose if you're on it.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #232431

Goofball at it again, this time getting the reasoning and the situation 100% wrong.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/21949
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #232432

Ban reason clearly states his "last act" or last straw was purchasing the shuttle.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232434

GUYS HE WAS FUCKING WEARING SHOES WHEN HE GOT BAN ED QUICK PR SHOE REMOVAL THINK OF THE PLAYERS
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232435

Can you get banned from the repo for making stupid meme prs to try and push your own retarded political agenda? Asking for a friend
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #232436

Ban reason clearly states much more than that, you dyslexic fuck. Read the entire thing.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #232439

Wyzack wrote:Can you get banned from the repo for making stupid meme prs to try and push your own retarded political agenda? Asking for a friend
Fuck youuuuuuuu. He got banned as a result of the purchase of that shuttle, and I don't want players to get banned by cuntlords like yourself who enforce rules and not fun enjoyable gameplay experiences for using features we the coders gave them.
By the way, suck my dick. Choke on it. If you can ad hom so can I.
Saegrimr wrote:Ban reason clearly states much more than that, you dyslexic fuck. Read the entire thing.
No shit sherlock, the CE was assaulted by the RD for getting resources to build a shuttle so the crew had something to escape on. If he hadn't bought the shuttle in the first place, this shit wouldn't of even happened.

The Captain also authorized a demotion BY THE RD and demotions in this game are either equal to or a step just barely before death. Don't even pretend this isn't true. Most demotions end with you naked in the halls without even an ID.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #232444

Where the fuck do I even start.
iamgoofball wrote:Fuck youuuuuuuu. He got banned as a result of the purchase of that shuttle,
WRONG, He got banned because, in big letters because you seem to have incredible difficulty reading.

the CE pushed the RD off the station z-level. Baiting players into escalations after the starting conflict is not tolerated.

iamgoofball wrote:and I don't want players to get banned by cuntlords like yourself who enforce rules and not fun enjoyable gameplay experiences for using features we the coders gave them.
OH BLESS THEE HOLY CODER FOR GIVING ME THE STUN BATON SO THAT I MAY THEN KILL THE SEC OFFICER WHO STUNBATONNED ME FOR ESCALATION.
NO MY LORD, PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THY HOLY BATON.
iamgoofball wrote:If he hadn't bought the shuttle in the first place, this shit wouldn't of even happened.
OH SHIT, We're getting somewhere.

>starting conflict
YOU'RE RIGHT HE DID THAT

>Baiting players into escalations
>after the starting conflict
iamgoofball wrote:demotions in this game are either equal to or a step just barely before death. Don't even pretend this isn't true. Most demotions end with you naked in the halls without even an ID.
Remove ID consoles, and IDs entirely then. Tie all door access to an arbitrary faction list you spawn with. There now theres no more conflict and escalation with being demoted either!

Are you fucking serious?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #232449

The "escalation" and "no baiting" sections of the rules seem pretty much contradictory and incompatible, someone really needs to clarify those sections.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232461

Goof as long as you are insistent on being a bullheaded cunt about this I would hope you could address Seag's comment about how the shuttle is incidental to the actual ban reason

Also you could not handle my super hot suk of dik
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #232470

great thread
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #232519

iamgoofball wrote:The Captain also authorized a demotion BY THE RD and demotions in this game are either equal to or a step just barely before death. Don't even pretend this isn't true. Most demotions end with you naked in the halls without even an ID.
Most of the time when I've tried to action a demotion I've either had resistance or outright hostility from the subject of my demotion, to the point of people commiting space suicide out of spite, so this is more a case of people being snowflakes about losing their access then anything.

But no, death is not comparable to demotion. Death, depending on whats done with the corpse, removes you from the round forevermore, or at the very least knocks you out for 5+ minutes depending on how backed up cloning is.

Demotion, done right, leaves you with agency in the round and even gives you ~insightful RP reasons~ to seek revenge, however you so choose to do that. Or to become a drunk who tells the bartender his woes.

Regardless, the ban was evidently not just for the shuttle, and hopping on the server and shit stirring in OOC and PRs seems like really low level demagoguery to try and defend a feature you feel is under attack.

Also, the CE doesn't have a intrinsic right to buy a shuttle, so harping on about "the guy whos in charge of building stuff" is irrelevant. The Captain has jurisdiction over the shuttle, full stop. He can obviously delegate, but the CE has squat say in what shuttle is bought.

Personally, I feel the Build Your Own Shuttle is neat from the perspective of giving engineers something to do but suffers from certain issues, such as Almost every single one I've been on lacking atmospheric pressure or O2, which the engineers don't care about because hurf durf hardsuits.

In terms of actual constructive criticism, I'd suggest bringing the BYO shuttle into either 0 cost or positive cost but have it arrive with some supplies, such as O2 and Nitrogen canisters (better get that atmos mix right!) and some metal, glass, cables, etc. This at the very least allows Engineering to make a basic shuttle without getting into ~resource wars~ but still allows them the flexibility to add more features, like consoles, cryopods, etc. with science's co-operation.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #232526

Those passive-aggressive/troll PRs are getting quite annoying now, can you please start gitbanning coders for that?
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #232575

Man you have to seriously have something stuck up your ass to see purchasing a shuttle as "starting a conflict" or "ban baiting"

Because the following chain off events seems like perfectly fine escalation to me:

1. Buy shitty shuttle

2. Get hit by a mad RD

3. hit back

5. nothing for a while

4. Get hit again by mad RD again.

5. Push angry RD off shuttle.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #232578

Arianya wrote:Also, the CE doesn't have a intrinsic right to buy a shuttle, so harping on about "the guy whos in charge of building stuff" is irrelevant. The Captain has jurisdiction over the shuttle, full stop. He can obviously delegate, but the CE has squat say in what shuttle is bought.
pretty much

It's not "bannable to buy the BYO shuttle" at all.

What is bannable is barging up to the console wordlessly while the captain's trying to buy the shuttle he actually wants, mashing the meme shuttle button while his ID is in it regardless of what the captain actually wants, then tossing people into space when they react to these actions when you have a history of being a cunt already.

It's not bannable to give someone an all-access ID, but it sure as fuck would be actionable for a nonantag to wait for the HoP to be upgrading someone's access, charge into the room, shove him out of the way, slap your ID in there, mash the allaccess button and run off while murdering "in self defence" anyone who tries to arrest you. I GUESS WE SHOULD REMOVE ID CONSOLES SINCE IT'S BANNABLE TO USE THEM THOUGH
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232582

tfw iamgoofball will never reply to this thread again after demanding i suck his dick and then refusing the acknowledge the fact that the shuttle had very little to do with the ban

Don't know why i expected anything better. Just another iamgoofball (tm) shitfit meltdown
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #232585

Wyzack wrote:tfw iamgoofball will never reply to this thread again after demanding i suck his dick and then refusing the acknowledge the fact that the shuttle had very little to do with the ban

Don't know why i expected anything better. Just another iamgoofball (tm) shitfit meltdown
Actually the judgement that buying the shuttle was a form of starting a conflict has pretty much to do with the ban.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232586

It is purely incidental though. A million billion other things could have happened to start a conflict that would lead to the exact same series of escalation, and we do not go around removing the start of the argument every time someone gets banned for it
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #232601

Wyzack wrote:It is purely incidental though. A million billion other things could have happened to start a conflict that would lead to the exact same series of escalation, and we do not go around removing the start of the argument every time someone gets banned for it
Wyzack I'm afraid you're wrong and insulated gloves should be removed from the game because people are getting banned for starting conflict with it.

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #232609

I'm at work I'll get back to you tonight fam
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #232610

ty bb
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #232843

Wyzack wrote:tfw iamgoofball will never reply to this thread again after demanding i suck his dick and then refusing the acknowledge the fact that the shuttle had very little to do with the ban

Not an empty quote

Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #232890

Question: how big is the build area for the BYOS?
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #233676

Doctor Pork wrote:Question: how big is the build area for the BYOS?
Its about the same as the normal meta shuttle but slightly thinner and longer.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #234269

I have some feelings on negative cost for shuttles.

I can't cite my source but a while back Kor said the intention of negative cost was to give an incentive to buy these shuttles.

Realistically, people buy the "dangerous" (STV-5, Asteroid, BYO (Yes the BYO goes in this category until I see people actually make one be airtight and pressurised) shuttles for one of three reasons:
  • Da memes
  • Buying something immediately available rather then having to go pester cargo about getting points up
  • Buying something to stop someone else buying a shitty shuttle later on
The third point is one that will hopefully be addressed once rebuying/refunding shuttles is an option, but the first point isn't really changed by cost (people like the asteroid shuttle because it craters the station).

The second point is a good reason to shift all ships into positive cost, as it increases... "Inter Departmental Interaction!(TM)" and also allows positive cost shuttles to sit neck and neck with their negative brethren. You can balance this out a little by giving the shuttles things to justify their price, i.e. the BYO Shuttle comes with some basic supplies, the asteroid shuttle comes with more mining equipment, etc.

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #234292

It's not really an incentive, it's a way to boost cargo points in exchange for a dangerous shuttle that will jeopardise escape for the whole crew. I understand that people buy it for the meme and a shot at griefing someone as a non-antag only role, but the idea behind it is solid. Giving them positive cost will defeat the purpose IMHO
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #234321

Grazyn wrote:It's not really an incentive, it's a way to boost cargo points in exchange for a dangerous shuttle that will jeopardise escape for the whole crew. I understand that people buy it for the meme and a shot at griefing someone as a non-antag only role, but the idea behind it is solid. Giving them positive cost will defeat the purpose IMHO
Heres the thing though, no one particularly cares about "jeopardising escape for the whole crew". A captain isn't held responsible for mortality or evacuation rates on the station, and so the sole person in control of the decision has no incentive to ever buy a safe shuttle, since the meme shuttles are funnier and the captain is immune to most dangers that come with them. (Has own hardsuit, has weaponry to the gills, easy access to the Vault for money, etc)

The only negative cost shuttle you don't see as often as Build Your Own and Asteroid is STV-5 and thats because it comes with weapons and no insulated command area that might lead to the captain dying. I'm not sure if we're tracking any stats on shuttles such as how many times a shuttle is bought.

My feeling is that if you give these shuttles positive cost (possibly after the refund/change the shuttle implementation), they'll still be bought but won't be defacto choices that don't require the Captain to care about cargo credits, a thing he already doesn't care about excepting the rare occasions cargo is important (i.e. rev rounds) to lock in the shuttle choice ASAP.