Kevinz000's pAIs

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Archie700
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Archie700

Kevinz000's pAIs

Post by Archie700 » #235451

They're pretty much nigh-invulnerable dronespeed all access assistants now.

Now you can greytide remotely!
Harusha wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:07 pm Archie, are you a Christian?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Kevinz000's pAIs

Post by kevinz000 » #235460

fixes, buffs, and nerfs are WIP chill out angie
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #235522

It would be nice if they were unable to holo project and move when held by someone. At least they would fulfill their original role instead of wandering off and disappearing forever
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #235527

> harmyellers can now pull

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #235730

test your shit dumbass hahahaha
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #235733

remove the mekhi
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #235741

I like anything that improves pAIs and makes them not eternally ignored but mine up and walked away on me last night and ended up just transforming and butting their head into things instead of being my survival buddy, so it kinda doesn't follow the idea of pAIs just in that a pAI should be immediately following their requirement of serve your master - I'm fine with a pAI doing what it wants, but if it just transforms and does its own thing that's not even within its minimalist law - Normally you would be able to go "Well this is a bugged pAI" or "This pAI seems to be malfunctioning" and force delete. When it's become a green corgi and ran its little legs into maint you're not gonna catch it and delete it, it's gone forever. This is a ghost role but it's also one that in its own cute little way can improve a round when done right.

Overall perhaps Mekhi pAIs should be tabled for now. Bam jokes
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #235744

i'm not sure if making them mobile was a good idea. pAIs need to be good, not turned into something else (that also may be good)

just give them modules that are cheap, numerous, moderately powerful, that's all they need really.
Copybass
Byond Username: Copybass

Post by Copybass » #235746

Cik wrote:i'm not sure if making them mobile was a good idea. pAIs need to be good, not turned into something else (that also may be good)

just give them modules that are cheap, numerous, moderately powerful, that's all they need really.
I mean the mobility thing is okay, but would be better if it was hyper limited range and also noninteractive - A true holo. The mobile thing should be something like an upgrade to pAIs where you need robotics to build a shell like a bot and you can get your pAI puppy with you in physical pettable form.

Come to think of it though the only thing I TRULY ABSOLUTELY want for a pAI? Is a word bubble next to my master, one that indicates it is an AI voice, that doesnt overlap the master's word bubble. Something lower on the sprite to show it's coming from their pocket or something. There's so many times I miss what a pAI says or a pAI misses what I say because there's no indication where it's coming from. Would also change the "Where the fuck is that harmalarm screaming from" pain that antag has to go through.
Ignies
Byond Username: Ignies

Post by Ignies » #235955

Copybass wrote: I mean the mobility thing is okay, but would be better if it was hyper limited range and also noninteractive.
I fully agree with this, bind the holo to the actual PAI, make them separate entities, and give it a limited range so it dissapears if it wanders too far.

I dont know if its currently supported or not, but some interactions could be allowed with remote signallers or something like that, lets take robotics for example, being able to be hooked to the exosuit fabricator to print stuff out.
Last edited by Ignies on Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #235959

F R E E D R O N E
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #236091

Needs to stop breaking everything.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #236144

PORT VG PAI
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #236191

fucking fuck this gay snowflake shit i hit it 10 times with a chair and it didn't die and its a gay fox thing fucking snowflakes god damn it you literally can't examine it fuck this shit fucking gay snowflake shit fuck shit
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #236237

The unloved rock wrote:fucking fuck this gay snowflake shit i hit it 10 times with a chair and it didn't die and its a gay fox thing fucking snowflakes god damn it you literally can't examine it fuck this shit fucking gay snowflake shit fuck shit
Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will take what you said into consideration, citizen.

All shitposting aside I'm working on it.
Kel
Byond Username: Jaraxxus

Post by Kel » #236238

kevinz000 certified """"""goodcode"""""
Fiz Bump
Byond Username: Dennyb

Post by Fiz Bump » #236280

Had a player report the other night that you can't print them off a protolathe. The option appears but nothing comes out.
I play Fiz Bump.
I am not a game admin. My reign of badminnery ended a few years ago.View me feedback here: >:^)
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #236316

they're disabled
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #236486

No they aren't. They're still on bagil and still absolute cancer.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #236512

Play sybil
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #236575

I'm pretty sure it rendered normal drones obsolete.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #236578

As soon as they get physical interaction yes, rip drones ???-2016
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #236585

New pAI's are a mistake
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #236686

We have just reached maximum derpiness, nuke ops set the nuke in space but a pAI dragged it back inside thus killing the whole station. The pAI was from the station not the syndie base. Can't really get worse than this
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #236689

Copybass wrote:I like anything that improves pAIs and makes them not eternally ignored but mine up and walked away on me last night and ended up just transforming and butting their head into things instead of being my survival buddy, so it kinda doesn't follow the idea of pAIs just in that a pAI should be immediately following their requirement of serve your master - I'm fine with a pAI doing what it wants, but if it just transforms and does its own thing that's not even within its minimalist law - Normally you would be able to go "Well this is a bugged pAI" or "This pAI seems to be malfunctioning" and force delete. When it's become a green corgi and ran its little legs into maint you're not gonna catch it and delete it, it's gone forever. This is a ghost role but it's also one that in its own cute little way can improve a round when done right.

Overall perhaps Mekhi pAIs should be tabled for now. Bam jokes
make it so you can delete it's personality remotely
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #236747

Or better yet make the ability to go holo-mode, a toggle that only the user can enable.
ImageImageImage
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #236766

I believe that I removed all ability to interact with the round short of vocal/PDA communication and spying on people at this point, but if they're still being a pain in the ass to deal with please do tell me and I'l hit it with something harder, like slowdown, or slowdown on hit, lower HP, no ventcrawling, or remote delayed killswitches. Something to make them stop being shits if they stil lare.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #236779

Make them one hit kill like legion skulls.

And prone to atmos, fire and other kinds of damage :honk:
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #236793

Why do they even can move freely around? They should be confined to the pai computer. Like holoparasites, or holopads.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge