Our UI situation

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Our UI situation

Post by JJRcop » #236782

We kinda have a thing where not everyone actually likes neersighted's tgui exactly, our ""current"" ui framework, even though we also have nullquery's html_ui datum, which is only used twice. Alongside that, we still have a lot of interfaces that directly use browse() and are implemented on their own without a UI system, just a standardized CSS to make it look nice, and then others that don't even include the CSS so have an ugly white background and extremely barebones HTML.

tgui uses ractive.js for its client-side webpage processing, and html_ui uses Bootstrap.
tgui uses pre-compiled webpage templates that change based on input data (which is what ractive.js handles), where html_ui mostly uses HTML provided via a DM proc.

What should we do?

Continue to use tgui and eventually convert everything over to it?
Switch over to html_ui and convert everything over to it?
Convert everything back to browse() and basic HTML like it used to be?
Convert everything to browse(), but drop the CSS? this is extremely ugly nobody is going to like it
Make a new UI system that uses/does X, and convert everything over to it?

EDIT: I neglected to include /datum/browser, which is really just a wrapper for browse() but does the CSS stuff for you. I was mistaken when I said "a lot of interfaces that directly use browse()", those mostly use /datum/browser, but it isn't all that different anyway, just a minimal wrapper.
Last edited by JJRcop on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:28 am, edited 5 times in total.
I lurk quite often...
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Our UI situation

Post by oranges » #236784

browse == shit
html ui == shit
tgui == average

you do the math
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #236785

What would be good then?
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #236786

Tgui is a pox on older computers and my toaster loathes it so. Also every so often someone walks into coderbus asking why they can't play large swaths of the game anymore and we have to tell them it's because they're using [a really old version of windows || A virtual machine like wine || Just straight up fucking Linux] that can't support IE11, which is now REQUIRED for Tgui to work. As I said even if it does work for you if your machine is really old it still runs like trash. Opening a Tgui on my machine can take upwards of twenty or thirty seconds, and if it takes any longer the client crashes.

So I'm not a fan. This is a game from the distant past, outside of Tgui it has the recommended specs of a game from 2003. It's not worth prettiness to put people out like this.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #236796

This is not a game from the distant past anymore
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #236805

since when did you call the shots?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #236806

since when was space station 13 a 2003 atmos simulator
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #236817

tgui is more reactive and pretty then HTML UI, so going back to that is kinda nonsensical.

Performance concerns are of course always important, but you can't reasonably expect the coders to hamstring themselves to supporting the same kind of hardware that could support SS13 in 2009. Its been nearly a decade. Go buy $50 worth of upgrades for your machine.

That said, it'd be nice to get more things ported over to tgui so its less mish mashy.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
JohntheRipper
Byond Username: JohntheRipper

Post by JohntheRipper » #236824

I would prefer something not requiring IE support as I want to continue playing SS13 on Linux.

If we must use TGUI, it would be really nice if there was a legacy mode for users that cannot provide IE11.
Landon Noton / Rebecca Rhinehart
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #236825

Yeah, ideal solution would be to find a way to allow a legacy mode that does UIs as plain HTML
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #236826

I am curious, what UI is used by the crew monitor as quite a lot of the people on the server (myself included) have issues with it, I remember hearing one person say it was tgui but then later hearing it wasn't.
Thunder11
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Thunder12345
Github Username: Thunder12345

Post by Thunder11 » #236827

I'm pretty sure the crew monitor issues were related to the minimap system
ImageImage
Spoiler:
IcePacks wrote:
MrFoster wrote:Back in my day, we didn't complain about lag! We used it to queue attacks!
That's thinking on your feet, soldier!
Quality Paprika from #coderbus wrote:[11:35.52] <paprika> holy crap so yeah i don't care about your opinion at all
oranges wrote:
Excuse me? Thats for sensible and calm rational debate, not for senseless whining.
Resident Catmin, please direct catposting to: https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=5578
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #236843

JohntheRipper wrote:I would prefer something not requiring IE support as I want to continue playing SS13 on Linux.

If we must use TGUI, it would be really nice if there was a legacy mode for users that cannot provide IE11.
The problem is that BYOND requires IE. TGUI will only push the version requeriment higher(which ends up being a problem in linux).
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #236852

Owegno wrote:I am curious, what UI is used by the crew monitor as quite a lot of the people on the server (myself included) have issues with it, I remember hearing one person say it was tgui but then later hearing it wasn't.
It's a weird mish mash of pseudo tgui
So it's not tgui but it looks like it
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
JohntheRipper

Post by JohntheRipper » #236861

lzimann wrote: The problem is that BYOND requires IE. TGUI will only push the version requeriment higher(which ends up being a problem in linux).
Then we need a legacy mode not using TGUI as replacement the "no frills" that was used by IE8 users until recently.
karlnp
Byond Username: Karlnp

Post by karlnp » #236863

JohntheRipper wrote:
lzimann wrote: The problem is that BYOND requires IE. TGUI will only push the version requeriment higher(which ends up being a problem in linux).
Then we need a legacy mode not using TGUI as replacement the "no frills" that was used by IE8 users until recently.
Sure. Where are we going to find it? We don't have control over BYOND's browser functions. If we did we wouldn't be in this mess.

edit: It's worth noting that players being on IE8 also restricts us in terms of the kinds of UI we can make. As long as people will be playing below IE11, we won't be able to do anything even remotely fancy - including the crew monitor, which doesn't work properly anyway and needs to be reworked.

further edit: And I don't mean fancy as in 'pretty'. I mean fancy as in 'buttons that seem to do something, ui that updates (unlike the HTML UI borg door interface), and menus with more than one layer.'

multiedit:
Incoming wrote: Opening a Tgui on my machine can take upwards of twenty or thirty seconds, and if it takes any longer the client crashes.
this is likely a problem with IE8 rather than with our UI system - IE 8's idea of what 'javascript' is was much different than even IE9s, and it's currently infamous for the many, many bugs in its implementation (and in CSS, HTML elements, layout, rendering..) It's bad and you should stop using it however you can.

Github issues:

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/22202
^ oranges comments re: our current UI situation

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/22124
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/issues/20417

The list goes on.

(bona fides: i am a professional IE8 hater, having had to make and maintain complex interfaces using it for the past few years)
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #236869

karlnp wrote:
Incoming wrote: Opening a Tgui on my machine can take upwards of twenty or thirty seconds, and if it takes any longer the client crashes.
this is likely a problem with IE8 rather than with our UI system
Nope, its ractive. 0.8 is already known to cut that time in half if not more, me and incoming tested.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
NSFW:
karlnp

Post by karlnp » #236870

ractive 0.8 doesn't support IE8 either - they moved to modern Javascript. so I suppose it's a moot point.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #236902

We still do not as far as i know have a proper solution for tgUI causing crashing and lag with big menus, just Goofball's nifty workaround breaking down the construction menus into smaller categories. Tethering our needed UI to a trash program like the latest internet explorer and preventing Linux/wine users from playing the game kinda sucks.

Prettier and real time updating menus are nice, but i am not sure they are worth all the issues they are causing.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #236906

The solution is for us to update which we are doing

90% of the lag was because of supporting older slower systems and their shitty old code
karlnp

Post by karlnp » #236907

Wyzack wrote: Tethering our needed UI to a trash program like the latest internet explorer and preventing Linux/wine users from playing the game kinda sucks.
This is on BYOND, not us. For us, the option is which trash program we want to be tethered to, the one which is unsupported by its vendor and laggy due to its broken javascript/CSS/DOM implementation, or the one that functions reasonably well, lets us minimize crashes and increase performance by updating dependencies (ractive, doT.js if we want to do that, etc) and is supported.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #236916

It does not matter who it is "on", I am not trying to assign blame. It still sucks and I don't like it
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
karlnp

Post by karlnp » #236929

What I meant is that we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either we have a laggy POS that is broken, or we have a better version that locks out people using workarounds to play BYOND.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #236946

functionality oversteps looks.

it can look like shit but i want it to load instantly and have a instant response when i click a button on it.
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #236947

yeah
as they are now it's just a laggy piece of shit i don't care if it looks nice
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #236948

TGUI itself is slow. Even on good computers it's slow. I don't know what it is, but all of it is slow and we should not be blaming it on old hardware and outdated IE. The game client should not be crashing because TGUI shits itself when loading a simple list of cooking recipes.

The features are great, but if the basic stuff isn't working properly then it's not worth it.

Edit: With that said, the guy who developed TGUI just disappeared one day, so it's up to the people who have been coding new TGUI windows to fix this shit.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #237024

How about put the in settings to have the player choose what kinda look their menus have?
Then just have it swap to that load file for the menu.
I personally like the plain html ones.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #237042

Because then it's twice as hard to test and may require creating two ui's for every item.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #237126

Scott wrote:TGUI itself is slow. Even on good computers it's slow. I don't know what it is, but all of it is slow and we should not be blaming it on old hardware and outdated IE. The game client should not be crashing because TGUI shits itself when loading a simple list of cooking recipes.

The features are great, but if the basic stuff isn't working properly then it's not worth it.

Edit: With that said, the guy who developed TGUI just disappeared one day, so it's up to the people who have been coding new TGUI windows to fix this shit.
I'm not going to claim to have the most moderate rig, but I've never experienced tgui being slow or crashing the game client. Have you filed an issue on this at github?

Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #237182

This isn't a new issue, it's widely known and reported.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #237184

It has always been an issue for me despite my computer being relatively high end
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #237333

It has to do with IE

The entire UI system is bullshit and we should scrap it and make a new one thats built from the ground up to not be a laggy useless piece of shit that some people can and can't use.

Literally this is basic 1+1 = 2. quit trying to make it equal sixty you niggers

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #237338

If you don't know what you are talking about please shutup
John_Oxford
Github User

Post by John_Oxford » #237339

oranges wrote:If you don't know what you are talking about please shutup
if you don't know what im talking about don't try to condescend me, you citrus fuck

tgui and the normal ie windows are both sub par compared to something that could be built with both looks and speed kept in mind.

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #237379

John_Oxford wrote:
if you don't know what im talking about don't try to condescend me, you citrus fuck

tgui and the normal ie windows are both sub par compared to something that could be built with both looks and speed kept in mind.
We're locked into IE by BYOND. There's no working around it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #237405

iamgoofball wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:

We're locked into IE by BYOND. There's no working around it.
le ss13 remake
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Incoming
Github User
Byond Username: Incoming
Github Username: Incoming5643

Post by Incoming » #237413

The argument is rather that we not need be tied to MODERN IE, which casts out players using more creative solutions to run byond.

https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/21958

That pull is why we need IE11, by itself it does nothing but lock out people who can't run IE11. I want to stress that no frills mode was made SPECIFICALLY to allow people who couldn't get IE11 to keep playing, so intentionally breaking that in the name of "progress" alone is kind of an extremely shitty thing to do.
Developer - Datum Antags: Feburary 2016

Poly the Parrot - All Seeing Bird Transcends Universe, Joins Twitter.

Kofi - Make A Poor Life Choice

Good ideas backed by cruddy code since 2012!
JohntheRipper

Post by JohntheRipper » #237440

Incoming wrote:[...] I want to stress that no frills mode was made SPECIFICALLY to allow people who couldn't get IE11 to keep playing, so intentionally breaking that in the name of "progress" alone is kind of an extremely shitty thing to do.
THIS
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #237457

We should just bite the bullet and go back to the browser.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #237483

In my opinion, a new UI system would solve the problem.

If we were to develop a new UI system, which we totally could, what would it use?
What would it do differently, HOW would it resolve the performance issue?
Do we really need all that ractive gives us?
Could we get nearly the same functionality, but with less resources, and better backwards compatibility, by using a different library?
Which one?
Could we keep tgui's DM side, is that where the problem really is anyway?
Should we write a new DM side?

I am not against staying with tgui, but I do think this is the better option. I am not very good with web development at the moment, so I would not be a good person to answer those questions, but I am the person to ask them. I will say, I think that it being a group effort, aside from just one person planning it out, would be really good.
I lurk quite often...
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #237487

Correct me if I am wrong here, but i think what the code savvy folks are saying is that it Is not possible to do the things our UI does without utilizing internet explorer in some way. "Just make a new one lmao" is not a possible course of action. Old ui was buggy and did not self update, new one lags to shit and locks out Linux and wine users due to needing ie 11. Everything sucks. Bring back no frills
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #237488

Wyzack wrote:Correct me if I am wrong here, but i think what the code savvy folks are saying is that it Is not possible to do the things our UI does without utilizing internet explorer in some way.
We don't need IE because it's not possible to do cool neat things without it, actually other browsers do cool neat things better than IE. The problem is we're just stuck with IE because BYOND doesn't give us any other option. If we could switch to something else we likely would do so in a heartbeat, but we are not given the option. Making a new UI is a possible course of action, because we can make it with older IE versions in mind. Ractive requires a lot of dependencies, and the reason we locked out the older IE versions is because we did a dependency upgrade and one or more of those dependencies don't work with <IE11 anymore.

We can make a new UI system that doesn't have as many dependencies as ractive does, isn't as heavy as ractive, and still have it self-update.
I lurk quite often...
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #237489

My point is that due to BYOND limitations i don't think we actually physically are able to just "make a new one"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #237544

Looking forward to John's solution since he clearly is going to provide us wiht a modern fast fault tolerant cleanly designed UI subsystem that will work on all browsers back to ie8 :roll: Also it's hard not to conscend you when you say stupid fucking shit

It's not so much byond limitations that limit us, more people like incoming who continually advocate for old browsers with no modern html support and then the lack of developers willing to actually put in the work
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #237668

Can we just buy incoming a new laptop yet
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #237706

He has support for ie11 personally
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #237752

Ah yes, the coders will just create a new UI system from scratch that is still tied to IE but doesn't use any dependence heavy libraries but still looks good and autoupdates.

In other news, relativity no longer applies, pigs have been sighted flying, and security were fair and just in their behaviour.

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #237772

That's a gulag sentence for contempt of cop.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #237979

iamgoofball wrote:Can we just buy incoming a new laptop yet
He can have mine, its been running this game since late 2011 with no problems. :honk: :honk:

Then we can kickstart my new laptop and everyone is happy.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
MisterPerson
Board Moderator
Byond Username: MisterPerson

Post by MisterPerson » #238454

If we ever start using the webclient, we could move to a more onscreen object approach since we could handle the visual effects of clicking them client-side. We could also do browser elements that aren't based on IE. Lots of options available.
I code for the code project and moderate the code sections of the forums.

Feedback is dumb and it doesn't matter