Voice of God

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Voice of God

Post by XDTM » #239393

Voice of God has been merged, see https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Voice_of_God for more information and a command list.

Are there any bugs/balance concerns/command suggestions i should know about?
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Voice of God

Post by InsaneHyena » #239397

> More ridiculous lavaland loot
And here I've thought I couldn't hate miners more.
Bring back papercult.

lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #239398

InsaneHyena wrote:> More ridiculous lavaland loot
It is a colossus drop, so it should not be that common.

Edit: Since tracking was added to bosses: 43 people killed it, 17 killed more than once.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #239406

InsaneHyena wrote:> More ridiculous lavaland loot
I think I'm gonna go miner borg with a ligger name.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #239445

Until Joan's PR is merged use only lowercase to enter commands, or they won't work.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #239985

Bite the dust... Mini explosion on everyone. Not enough to kill give it like a 1minute cooldown.
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #239987

D A I S A N

N O

B A K U D A N
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #239988

D&B wrote:D A I S A N

N O

B A K U D A N
COLOSSUS IS ALREADY INSIDE YOUR EYE!

XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #240041

Bombadil wrote:Bite the dust... Mini explosion on everyone. Not enough to kill give it like a 1minute cooldown.
To compare, the effect that deals 15 brute damage or heals 10 damage has a 1 minute cooldown, and the stuns all have a 90 second cooldown.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #240077

SLEEP sounds kind of overpowered.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #240093

XDTM wrote:
Bombadil wrote:Bite the dust... Mini explosion on everyone. Not enough to kill give it like a 1minute cooldown.
To compare, the effect that deals 15 brute damage or heals 10 damage has a 1 minute cooldown, and the stuns all have a 90 second cooldown.
Okay 90 second cooldown make it like the minimum explosion possible. Should only stun a second or 2

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #240097

no stun.
D&B

Post by D&B » #240100

What if I say stun tho
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Bombadil

Post by Bombadil » #240107

Man why is the cooldown like 20 seconds if you do a normal discussion in voice of god chat? Why not 10?

Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #240109

D&B wrote:What if I say stun tho
you've seen sleep command right
D&B

Post by D&B » #240113

If someone yells Worldstar whoever is nearby should punch the closest person until they get knocked out.
Spoiler:
fuck you
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #240118

D&B wrote:If someone yells Worldstar whoever is nearby should punch the closest person until they get knocked out.
And the yeller get 100 brain damage
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #240133

Bombadil wrote:Man why is the cooldown like 20 seconds if you do a normal discussion in voice of god chat? Why not 10?
It's 15 seconds.
Kor wrote:SLEEP sounds kind of overpowered.
Should last less than the other stuns, yeah, but it doesn't really feel like sleep if the target falls down for a second and a half.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #285858

Sorry this is a old thread, but the rest (and what i gather the sleep verb too) of this makes hand to hand combat pitifully easy after grinding a collossus to get it, i've personally been on the sharp end of exclusive boss killer miners literally ordering "REST" then killing people as per a uncounterable stun that disarms your hand & prevents self preservation.

I think that verbs that actually 'stun' you per say like sleep & rest should be disabled, im sure that doing other things such as saying "SPIN" to disarm & dizzy you (using a extreme voice of god only version of *spin) without actually landing you flat on your ass would be much more beneficial than a flat out "I win and you can do nothing about it" clause. More creative functions of existing verbs.
The reason this reply is so late is because its a not commonly seen object in the game (collossus'es are pretty hard to fight if you're not a sand golem) and i've not really had any formal complaint or criticism of it until recently encountering someone with this object.

Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #285886

Rest is probably overtuned because i expected people to just get back up, it's not a stun. I could just remove it. As for the rest of the stuns, you get 2 seconds of stun every two minutes on people who are not protected. Earmuffs are available at autolathes, and the chaplain's rod grants immunity. For a lavaland boss reward i feel that's fair.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #285980

XDTM wrote:Rest is probably overtuned because i expected people to just get back up, it's not a stun. I could just remove it. As for the rest of the stuns, you get 2 seconds of stun every two minutes on people who are not protected. Earmuffs are available at autolathes, and the chaplain's rod grants immunity. For a lavaland boss reward i feel that's fair.
People mention earmuffs a lot but I've yet to find anyone who actually wants to run around deafened by earmuffs on the odd chance that somebody came back from mining with a meme or starts chucking flashbangs. I also wouldn't want to encourage players to add "earmuffs" to their required gearcheck just to get by. As with most stuns and in line with the above complaint, remember that stuns in this game are king. Typically, and matching the anecdote, you don't get the chance to go find counter-play gear after being stunned. By that point you're already dead. If he's carring guns or other fast-killing weaponry, several people are dead without a recourse. Obviously this just reroutes us back to the long discussion we had about how lame stuns are in general, but its definitely worth looking at how long an aoe stun lasts to balance out its value. I get its a mining boss drop, but its not an especially hard one to get.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #285987

Earmuffs do not make you deaf. Worst thing they might do is remove your ability to talk into radio without a handhelp, and you don't have to wear them 24/7.

As for the rest, the stun might last long enough to kill a target if you have an esword/katana, or if you have a second stun. I don't think it's much more powerful than a taser, considering the cooldown, because you're voice-less for two minutes if you fail to get your target or if the target had a buddy. And it only takes someone chelping the voice of god guy to cause some people to get earmuffs or the chaplain. Not everyone will do it, but that's also true of other counters for other tactics.

That said, i do dislike powergaming with VoG to murderbone, but removing the stun means that those who use it playfully no longer have something to stop validhunters from trying to get you, which is pretty fun to do in my opinion.
Last edited by XDTM on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #285988

>get rested
>type "rest"
>hit enter
>instantly back up
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #285990

I added rest treating it as an emote, i didn't realize how long it takes people to get back up. It's gotta go, i think.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #285999

The only thing I myself dislike about the VoG is the ability to hard-antag check any borg on the spot, without having to card the AI, or open up the borg. It even ignores the Yes/No toggle on stating laws.