Remove cuck cult

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Remove cuck cult

Post by InsaneHyena » #240240

Just like shadowling before it, it's a shit conversion mode that nobody likes. It occupies the niche that rightfully belongs to the normal cult, simply because xhuis wanted his snowflake god to get spotlight, and offers absolutely nothing that cult doesn't offer as well. At no point it was well balanced - it was either too strong or too weak.
Remove clock
Bring back papercult.

Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Re: Remove cuck cult

Post by Lumbermancer » #240246

InsaneHyena is correct.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #240247

Neat idea and cool thematically, but it runs one of two ways.
1) get caught and rolled instantly because it's literally impossible to hide.
2) Hide and roll after 5-10 minutes of extended.

Fixing that just makes it bloodcult run by a steampunk fetishist.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #240256

i just want shadowling back, if we have to day of the rope clockcult then sure
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #240257

Lumbermancer wrote:InsaneHyena is correct.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #240259

Armhulen wrote:i just want shadowling back, if we have to day of the rope clockcult then sure
shadowling is just factually bad.
私は完璧
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #240262

Remie is correct.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #240263

Remie Richards wrote:
Armhulen wrote:i just want shadowling back, if we have to day of the rope clockcult then sure
shadowling is just factually bad.

Shadowling was just horrible because it always played out the same, the sling sits in maint only having time to convert people while other people run around abducting.

Clockcult is meh, it has some serious flaws. One of them is that it is so obnoxious to deconvert people since it relies on ONE person, the chaplain actually being in the round and being competent enough to hit a water tank with a book. And then deconverting just takes obnoxiously long.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #240264

shadowling is just factually fun. maybe because I was new but my god i'll never get to experience abducting lowly cucks and dragging them to my master shadowling

also lore 10/10
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #240353

No.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #240381

Reworked shadowlings or buffed clock cult, choose one
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #240387

Luke Cox wrote:Reworked shadowlings or buffed clock cult, choose one
Buffed Steampunks. I love this version of cult, it just needs better balancing. It has become a bit too unforgiving, nevertheless, the different powers are a lot of fun, and the fact that it is the only conversion mode that includes silicons is a nice touch too; They just get wrecked harder than Blood cultists when caught, due to Blood cult powers being more effective.

I do tire of Traitor after Traitor rounds, so it is nice to have more interesting (to me at least) modes to play and watch.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #240391

InsaneHyena, I am pretty sure that as with most of your 'facts', you are once again wrong. Most people enjoy Clock Cult better than Blood Cult.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #240392

Both sides of this debate are anecdotal and using made up """facts""" so please stop
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #240394

PKPenguin321 wrote:Both sides of this debate are anecdotal and using made up """facts""" so please stop
Pssst. I know, but he started it.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #240399

I'd be fine with cuckcult if it wasn't cult. It's hardly balanced and is generally just cult+, it should be its own thing and not feel like some shitty dlc. If you wanted to go steampunk and give them objectives to take over the station or convert so much of it to their steampunk tech that would be cool, some hybrid of cult/blob.

I liked shadowling and they were fun to play as or against until the meta took place and people finding random smashed lights instantly turned into no masks/put any kind of light source we can into maint. It could definitely use some kind of change or make a side antag out of the roll that has a small percentage chance to spawn on lavaland.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #240431

I think clockcult would have been a lot more interesting if it wasn't yet another conversion mode.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #240433

Clock cult would be better if it were more antagonistic to the crew so they don't run up to cultists hoping to be converted.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #240440

firecage wrote:InsaneHyena, I am pretty sure that as with most of your 'facts', you are once again wrong. Most people enjoy Clock Cult better than Blood Cult.

No shit its got waaaay more content than blood cult
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #240447

Davidchan wrote:--- the meta took place ---
This happened to gang too. We literally can not have fun things without people ruining them in their ebin quest to find the top strats and win
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #240449

Wyzack wrote:
Davidchan wrote:--- the meta took place ---
This happened to gang too. We literally can not have fun things without people ruining them in their ebin quest to find the top strats and win
Gang would have been fine with some tweaks.....
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #240452

I don't know that it would have. You cannot stop people from seeking the best way to win like a fucking missile and perfecting the optimal strategies, outside of widespread bans and purging a very significant part of the playerbase on very grey area rule 0 bans, which i don't think anyone wants. Gang was really fucking fun before the meta kicked in, and then it sank to so bad that it had to be removed. It is just a symptom of the type of game this is, i do not believe there is any answer beyond reminding people yet again that you can have fun without that green text at the end, sometimes more than if you had got it.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #240459

Which is precisely why you should purge the playerbase.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #240466

Not according to the people here wyzack, they will do anything for muh greentext.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #240467

TheColdTurtle wrote:Not according to the people here wyzack, they will do anything for muh greentext.
For better or worse these people are a significant part of our playerbase. At what point does it change from removing a cancerous growth to cutting off a limb and half your torso? Do we really want admins to go full gestapo secret police with ban purges just to try and single out a better playstyle? I don't think there is a good solution anymore, the cancer has become the host
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #240472

Better to save what still can be saved.

So long as none of the cancer is given admin privileges that option remains.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #240477

TheColdTurtle wrote:Not according to the people here wyzack, they will do anything for muh greentext.
Not really, most traitors don't give a shit about greentext, they just go murderbone.
D&B

Post by D&B » #240478

Not really sure why some are advocating for a purge of the playerbase when realistically speaking everyone is shit in different degrees.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cik
Byond Username: Cik

Post by Cik » #240489

Wyzack wrote:
For better or worse these people are a significant part of our playerbase. At what point does it change from removing a cancerous growth to cutting off a limb and half your torso? Do we really want admins to go full gestapo secret police with ban purges just to try and single out a better playstyle? I don't think there is a good solution anymore, the cancer has become the host
the limb can be regrown in time :toysword:
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #240502

Reece wrote:Neat idea and cool thematically, but it runs one of two ways.
1) get caught and rolled instantly because it's literally impossible to hide.
2) Hide and roll after 5-10 minutes of extended.

Fixing that just makes it bloodcult run by a steampunk fetishist.
this is the biggest issue
you can guarantee that 9/10 rounds will go exactly one of these two ways

InsaneHyena is correct.
Remie is correct.
Reece is correct.

clock does have cool sprites though
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #240505

Wyzack wrote:Gang was really fucking fun before the meta kicked in, and then it sank to so bad that it had to be removed.
I only ever played like one gang round and it was super fun, a legitimate power struggle between the gangs with security on the outside trying to stop us all
what happened that made it shit? was fun as hell
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Cik

Post by Cik » #240509

people stopped bothering with anything other than cheesing dominator/recruitment etc

it became TDM and because the gangs were pretty strong security started routinely turbohitlering it because otherwise the gangsters would valid them to death and steal the armory.

basically the same thing that ruins all game modes. once people learn to play it there is an optimal strategy that everyone starts doing by rote because MUST WIN MUST WIN MUST WIN
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #240516

Gang was trash because your round was decided literally the moment jobs were rolled. Got department access? You win. Stuck with just the halls? You lose. There was no skill involved-- Try as you might as mime ganghead or whatever, you simply couldn't convert people in time, and it was only a matter of time till sec dragged you to cargo for execution.

Clock cuck is trash because it takes an hour of dead silence before the cult finally snowball and destroy everything. Blood cult the cultists are a constant threat-- If you're not careful you could get stunpaper'd and biblethump'd in maint two minutes in. Clock cuck needs to be brought to a higher boil sooner, buffing the early tools would perhaps help.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #240525

Shadowling had more potential than any other mode to become an amazing gametype.

During the good Shadowling rounds, you would be immersed as fuck. Rooms going dark? Dudes wearing gas masks for no reason?

It really brought back the paranoia of OH GOD WHY IS MY COWORKER NOW COVERING HIS FACE?!

All it needed was a moderate overhaul to get rid of the stale/repetitive/unfun shit. Sling needed:

1) Conversion scaling mechanic. First few conversions will be very fast, but once you've got X number of thralls (where X scales with crew size), the conversion time will start to increase significantly - to the point that only a desperate Sling would sit around trying to convert anyone, perhaps even a hardcap would make sense.

2) Interactive finale. Turning into a god within a few seconds of reaching 15 thralls was just anticlimatic for a number of reason. It just encourages Slings to play super conservatively while snagging the low hanging fruit and avoiding anyone actually equipped to stop them. A "defend the win condition" type finale would have been far more appropriate, drop a Chrysalis, have it summon your thralls, then the crew gets a warning about the Chrysalis location and have X minutes to destroy it matures and allows the Sling to ascend and win.

3) A bunch of other tweaks to its abilities to make the Sling less insane to catch, raise the skill floor and drop the skill ceiling so that its not instant death for newbies but not an unkillable superwizard for good players either.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #240528

BeeSting12 wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:InsaneHyena is correct.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #240533

danno wrote:
Wyzack wrote:Gang was really fucking fun before the meta kicked in, and then it sank to so bad that it had to be removed.
I only ever played like one gang round and it was super fun, a legitimate power struggle between the gangs with security on the outside trying to stop us all
what happened that made it shit? was fun as hell
Two metas developed

1. Security sees a gang tag, orders infinite implants, kidnaps and implants the whole crew before anything happens, like rev but worse because the revs are also murdering each other and leaving "KILL ME PLEASE" signs on the walls

2. A competent gangster would convert a sec officer, that sec officer would convert all the others, the gang would get the armoury and it became antag sec gang killing everyone else.

Basically security ruined it.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #240539

I think Clockcult either needs a buff to early game, like floors/sigils and caches not appearing on cameras below certain thresholds.
Or it could be re-done as a sort of team thing, losing out on people conversion but hyper-focusing the cultists on corruption and base building, though you'd need to improve their tools in the early game to make a base viable. Dunno if people would like the latter however, it is a major departure from conversion (though I'd say let cultists corrupt silicons since that is a major gimmick of theirs).
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #240548

Oldman Robustin wrote:Shadowling had more potential than any other mode to become an amazing gametype.

During the good Shadowling rounds, you would be immersed as fuck. Rooms going dark? Dudes wearing gas masks for no reason?

It really brought back the paranoia of OH GOD WHY IS MY COWORKER NOW COVERING HIS FACE?!
Completely agree, I loved sling-- Its stun was robust as hell, giving you a good base for circumventing combat, but if you weren't careful a PDA light would kill you. They were glass cannons, and fun as hell to play.

Bring back sling 2017
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #240549

I mean, I do like cuck cult, but sling is superior.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #240582

Oldman Robustin wrote:Shadowling had more potential than any other mode to become an amazing gametype.

All it needed was a moderate overhaul to get rid of the stale/repetitive/unfun shit. Sling needed:

1) Conversion scaling mechanic. First few conversions will be very fast, but once you've got X number of thralls (where X scales with crew size), the conversion time will start to increase significantly - to the point that only a desperate Sling would sit around trying to convert anyone, perhaps even a hardcap would make sense.

2) Interactive finale. Turning into a god within a few seconds of reaching 15 thralls was just anticlimatic for a number of reason. It just encourages Slings to play super conservatively while snagging the low hanging fruit and avoiding anyone actually equipped to stop them. A "defend the win condition" type finale would have been far more appropriate, drop a Chrysalis, have it summon your thralls, then the crew gets a warning about the Chrysalis location and have X minutes to destroy it matures and allows the Sling to ascend and win.

3) A bunch of other tweaks to its abilities to make the Sling less insane to catch, raise the skill floor and drop the skill ceiling so that its not instant death for newbies but not an unkillable superwizard for good players either.
i fully agree with this whole post, slings had potential and they were removed way to quickly
Cik

Post by Cik » #240600

poor zhooeyis

it must be frustrating to have everyone hate then love then hate everything you make
D&B

Post by D&B » #240607

If it's any consolation there's been people hating cuck cult since its inception
Spoiler:
fuck you
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #240611

Since the OP started out with an insult and the thread wasn't good at any point I'm locking it. Next time use the NTR hut