Not being able to hold objects without legs is stupid

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Not being able to hold objects without legs is stupid

Post by CPTANT » #240442

It is. Both from a gameplay point and from a realistic point.

From a gameplay perspective missing your legs is now just worse than missing arms since you can't hold anything AND move slow as fuck.

From a realistic point it's also stupid since I can crawl around while holding something in my hands just fine. You just use your elbows to crawl, not your hands.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Re: Not being able to hold objects without legs is stupid

Post by Wyzack » #240446

I wholeheartedly agree, but being able to hold things in your hands while on the ground means having to rebalance a whole fuckload of things and basically every knockdown item and is an indirect nerf to nodrops kinda, so no one is gonna touch that shit with a ten-tile pole
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #240448

Wyzack wrote:I wholeheartedly agree, but being able to hold things in your hands while on the ground means having to rebalance a whole fuckload of things and basically every knockdown item and is an indirect nerf to nodrops kinda, so no one is gonna touch that shit with a ten-tile pole
Or just make it so they aren't technically prone....
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #240474

This is true, but our coders and maintainers have a strong desire to keep a great deal of consistency in all code things so i am uncertain if they would be willing to add more edges to this edge case. I also might be completely off base however
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #240910

You can if you sit in chairs, I think the best way to solve the problem is to let you but make moving stun for one second