Ned's Requested Stats Changes

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Ned's Requested Stats Changes

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #248013

Hi everyone,

I'm working on a new stats tracker! I've been knee-deep in the feedback database for the last week or so. Long story short, I need a few things changed! I think these are pretty straightforward.
  • Deaths need more information. Specifically, the server the death occurred on and the map file. Here's the proc in question. Ideally, that information would get put in a new column. I know SQL changes are hard though, so if it's easier, that data can be appended to the coordinates (the `pod` column) information.
  • Ditto on the above for the cyborg death proc as well.
  • + There's an issue with some important stats info not being reported (specifically: round_start). It looks to be a problem in game_mode.dm. round_start should always be reported.
  • Corollary to that, mid-round gamemode changes aren't logged either. It'd be nice if they were :)
I know there's more issues, so I'll bump this topic as I find them.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Re: Ned's Requested Stats Changes

Post by Jordie0608 » #248210

This all sounds very possible, although I won't start any of it until https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/23327 is merged so I don't conflict with myself.
Rather than bumping this thread I'd suggest you just make issue reports of github for new problems you encounter.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.