Lower the damn doubleagents chance

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Lower the damn doubleagents chance

Post by Bombadil » #248120

Double agents is fucking horrible. It's always traitors going on mass killing sprees and releasing tesla because I don't know who wants to kill me
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Re: Lower the damn doubleagents chance

Post by Gun Hog » #248134

Agreed 100% to anything that lowers the Traitor game mode types.
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Post by Oldman Robustin » #248139

100% agree to reducing traitor type modes, its really shitty playing nothing but traitor rounds back to back.

I also pointed out in a post halfway down that DA desperately needs a reduction in traitor. Sec is never going to stand a chance with 12 traitors running around.

Edit: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/23374 we did it digg!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #248152

I agree with Oldman, the number of DAs in a DA round is really excessive and leads to a clusterfuck really fast.

Also correct me if I am wrong but isn't DA's most bought uplink item a bomb? I remember this one round *every* DA bought a bomb and there were at least 10.

There was hardly a station left.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #248325

Why do we have a special mode that involves traitors killing each other anyway? I know it was originally designed to break the traitor teamwork meta, as you didnt know if the traitor had you as a target, but that almost never works anymore. it is pretty obvious when that it is DA when you are a traitor. If I spawn in as a traitor and I am given a single kill objective, it is very likely that it is DA and thus I will have very little incentive to run a gimmick, if I spawn in without a kill objective, I know it isnt DA and I can team up with other traitors without worry.

Would it not be better to, instead of having an entirely seperate mode for antag kill targets simply mix up having a fellow traitor as a target into regular traitor rounds? That would increase the risk of traitor teamwork while not having an entire mode where it is better off to kill everyone than risk player interaction because I know for a fact that someone is out to kill me.