Let's talk Double-Esword

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
yackemflam
Byond Username: Yackemflam

Re: Let's talk Double-Esword

Post by yackemflam » #251285

Bottom post of the previous page:

cedarbridge wrote:
yackemflam wrote:Blah
I wonder what actual data says about shotguns.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 69#p250469
Lets imply you are implying that the shotgunner does NOT have rng on his side.

I'll counter with this. (Please say otherwise if I'm wrong)
LOTS OF FUCKING MATH HERE
Each pellet does 3 normal health damage and 25 stamina damage

Health and stamina are tied together so you need 4 pellets to weaken someone into basically a crit. (You can punch them to death at this point since they cant get back up.)

A rubber shot shell shoots 6 shots when used and you have a 75% chance EACH to hit the desword target.

By math they have a 17.8~% to block ALL shots at once. (.75 * .75 * .75 * .75 * .75 * .75)

A riot shotgun can hold up to 7 shells before you are out of ammo and have to reload (1 in chamber + 6 in the tube)

Math wise it's next to impossible to block all of the shots with the desword (0.000566~% chance small)

You have a good chance 1 or 2 shots is going to hit them. (6 * .25 = 1.5)

On average you'll need to shoot only 3 times to take them down, 4 if you are unlucky. 5 if you are super unlucky.

If you are lucky you need only 1 or 2 shells.

But this is point blank only.

Lets say you can only get 3 hits per shell. (shotgun spread) (3 * .25 = .75)

on average you need 5 shells to take the desword user down. 6-7 if unlucky. 2-4 if lucky.

If they don't go down here's what you do, walk away and reload. that shit takes only 10 seconds to get like 4 shells in fast.

And if they try to run away, chase them. You dont need to be in melee range to be effective.

So yes, the rng IS in favor of the shotgunner.

I swear you guys are like the wow's lead balance designer.
Spoiler:
If you get a partner, even if one of you goes down. The other guy can just shoot the desword user. Lowering the deswords user chance by a metric fuck ton.
And if you cant access the armory. Run away from them, and come back with 4-5 friends. You all dont evn need to be armed to push spam his ass down and kill his ass with his own sword.
NSFW:
I will admit I was laughing pretty hard during your skit in the boxing ring. - seagrimr
Spoiler:
Playing on the server isn't something you're entitled to. There's an extremely small level of responsibiliy on your part to play hhundreds of hours of a free game run by fuckheads. - Stickymayhem
A retards guide on how to make a maxcap bomb in toxins.
NSFW:
You`ll need:
1-6 Plasma tanks 1-6 Oxygen tanks
1-6 tank transfer valve
2 Plasma canister
2 Oxygen canister
1 Yellow (empty) canister
Wrench
Toxins lab access
Science testing lab access

Grab a oxygen tank and a plasma tank and bring them to the testing lab.
Super cool the Oxygen and superheat the Plasma.

Clean out the oxygen and plasma tanks with a filter/pump.

Then you wrench and unwrench the plasma and oxygen tanks in toxins. It`s important tha you do it one at a time. Try to get a 85%plasma and 15% oxygen mix.

Once you have a good burn mix, pump the mix into the burn chamber and light it on fire. Wait 10 seconds for it to heat up and pump it into a yellow (empty) canister.

Quickly set the kpa output to 163 kpa and fill the tanks with the burn mix.

Take the oxygen tanks and fill it up with a 613kpa worth of oxygen FIRST then fill the rest with plasma, you should get well over 2000kpa in the end.

With the new atmos system you should wait 5-10 minutes for you tanks to bake.

Take a tank transfer valve, add a oxygen tank and a plasma tank to it. You should have a maxcap bomb. Have fun blowing up the station mining!
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #251289

Lemee tell you a trick thats SUPER effective against an esword:

Track and field, that's right. Work your fucking legs and walk real fast to get the fuck outta there, if you run around the halls eventually they'll pass by beepsky or a sec officer or even a witness and you'll be safe since they'll be distracted.

The trick is: 90% of you don't have a responsibility to 'stop' an esword at all. Its not your fucking job, if you play medical and you think 'wow I really wish I had more options to deal with that' and go on to complain when you find yourself cut into confetti because you spotted a swordman and thought 'I could disarm this guy' than you're not only a part of the problem but you're adding to a false dichotomy.

I will agree that duel eswords are dull as fucking dirt and don't really fit MY personal vision of a stealthy double agent traitor type, but its hard to deny that a double esword is a pretty great 'OH SHIT', like the traitor version of sprouting an armblade and tentacling someone close.

Carp is probably worse TBH, fuck that dumb item.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #251355

InsaneHyena wrote:
No they don't need melee weapons with an insane reflect percentage and melee deflection.
Yes, they do, they're alone against the whole station. And if they have double esword, chances are they don't have other tools against the hordes of validhunting assistants out to get them.
If they're alone against the whole station on open combat they did something wrong and shouldn't receive a weapon that actually enables them to go 1v20. This encourages deathmatch gameplay which frankly sucks for anyone who doesn't start with sec or traitor gear.
InsaneHyena wrote:
No they don't need a infinite stungun that causes fucking rad damage.
Yes, they do, it's literally a slightly improved taser.

Antagonists do not exist to be on the equal ground with the rest of the crew.
Ebows aren't just 10 tox damage tasers, they're unlimited and silent, which pretty much means that you can permastun about three people until they die, since the projectile is also barely visible and thus hard to dodge.

Antagonists should have an advantage over the average crewmember, not the whole rest of the crew.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #251500

Honestly a rebuffed ebow would also be better than blanket near immunity.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #251506

I've come to terms with x2Esword, but the Ebow will never not be a garbage item for garbage people.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #251537

Why yes an outnumbered traitor might need powerful items to even the score and make things interesting. This leads to powerful items getting added, then gang banged by removalists toting the ^GOTTA BE SKILT^ argument.

Is near immunity a good rendition of that? I don't think so it's like the good old invisibility cloak but even more slap shod.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #251672

ebow is garbage, alway will be
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #251679

I've made my peace with the Double Esword. But its the ebow I'll never like.

At least with a Parapen you have to stab the target in melee, at least with a revolver you have to shoot someone with expensive ammo, at least with a esword you need to hit them in melee while making a lot of noise.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #252137

at least with parapen? that pen is garbo and you know it
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #252140

Armhulen wrote:at least with parapen? that pen is garbo and you know it
Only if you are a scrub and don't combine it with the poison kit.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #252158

I ALWAYS FORGET THAT. At this point the original sleepiness of the pen is just a noob trap and we should have it spawn empty.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #253620

>tfw you forget to throw glass shards

aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #253641

Lumbermancer wrote:>tfw you forget to throw glass shards

This is exactly the round I was referencing in the post that was mysteriously deleted in this thread. The antag in question was never spotted with his sword until he literally ran out in the hallway with it and even that didn't really matter.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #253791

Personally I see the double E-sword in its current form as being both a symbol and enabler of one of the biggest crimes in this game - boring murderboning for the sake of boring murderboning.

Make them consistently fail to block ballistics. Give them a snowflake weakness against stunbatons, so that they each can block each other at the same rate. Something.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #253803

They already have counters.

They just seem stronger than they are because anything is stronger if people are inexperienced AND people balance around the idea that everyone with an double esword as an extremely prepared person when most of the time it's just people leaving their department and going on a rampage almost roundstart
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.