Slaughter/Laughter Demon Is Insane

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Slaughter/Laughter Demon Is Insane

Post by Steelpoint » #252213

I recently got off a round where I was a Laughter Demon, and to be frank it was ridiculous.

The Demon is nigh unstoppable to the extreme. He can instantly teleport away and into combat on a whim, he can drag bodies around and turn the station literally red, he can destroy anything on the map, including every chem dispenser and the entirety of RnD, thus preventing any hard counter from ever appearing. He can't be contained as he can smash down any door in short order. Not even half a dozen people with Lasers and Guns could stop me as I was free to pick and chose my victims and drag them off to die and fully heal me. He can also hear whatever anyone is saying on the radio, so I hope you don't tell anyone where you're secretly trying to make some bombs...

I think the Demon received a lot of unintentional buffs with the recent changes to whatever the code is that lets you destroy everything.

You're thoughts?
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: Slaughter/Laughter Demon Is Insane

Post by InsaneHyena » #252215

> It's "Steelpoint complains about antag balance" episode again
> About wizard rounds, no less
Really took my noggin jogging.
Bring back papercult.

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #252224

I think having a scary antag is a good thing.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #252225

I should mention this was a Wizard spawned Demon.
Mindustry
Byond Username: Mindustry

Post by Mindustry » #252230

Just clean up the blood and PUT BODIES WHERE THEY BELONG
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #252231

I'm okay with free, no cooldown-jaunting, or full heal when eating, but not together. Slaughter demons can only be killed by instakilling with shotguns right now, and even that is hard since demons can simply avoid shotgun wielders most of the time, sicne they're omniscient while jaunted. So either have them have a cooldown after popping out of blood, or make damage done to them actually stick by severely reducing the self heal on kill.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #252232

Mindustry wrote:Just clean up the blood and PUT BODIES WHERE THEY BELONG
Good suggestion. However this becomes very hard to pull off when the Demon can drag any corpse around and spread blood all over the station. A quick trip into maintance all but guarantees that you'll never get rid of the Demon as there's no way you can clean the blood in maintanance without the Demon spawning and killing you in in close quarters combat.

Also made ever harder when the Demon then proceeds to destroy every chem dispenser and RnD machine on station, and then hunts down the Janitor. There's no feasible way you're going to clean up the five layer thick tiles of blood with a soap bar.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #252234

Just clean the blood
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #252235

You just can't do it.

At least not so early into the round when a Wizard can let loose the Demons of war unto the station.

If you try and clean all the blood you'll just get the Demon ramming his claws down you're throat and use you to spread blood all over the station.

Once the Demon gets a corpse into maintenance, which is very easy once he bashes down the door, then its good game as you'll never get rid of the Demon.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #252237

Everything being destructible was a mistake and i will bring it up every time it causes balance problems
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #252239

Good thing corpses still have an infinite amount of blood guys

R-right?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #252246

>Crew not working together causes an otherwise workable problem to become impossible to deal with

Tough shit then. A demon cannot even enter science unless A)It spends a long amount of time out of blood destroying windows or B)Dumbshits don't listen to radio/Don't keep science clean.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #252248

D&B wrote:Just clean the blood
Pretty darn useless when the demon can easily make his own sea of blood by dragging things around.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #252795

Wizard is already ridiculous, and while I legitimately hate it when people say "it's already bad so who cares?", I think it applies in this situation. Wizards have an arsenal of completely ridiculous tools already, of which demons are probably not the worst. If we want to try and turn Wizard into a reasonable, balanced roundtype, it'd be worth having this discussion, otherwise it's kind of silly.

That being said, while demons are fun as hell to play, they're not very fun to play against. It'd be way cool if they had some form of darkened meson vision while bloodcrawling, where they can see the layout of the station, see blood, but no people or items, just footsteps when people move ala the Marauder's Map. That way you could fake them out by not moving, and if they see multiple footsteps they have no idea what they're jaunting into.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #252797

Destroying walls is fine, destroying machines and other stuff not fine. Really my only complaint about the demon, aside from that there is a bit of paranoia and they can be fun fight if people get their head out of their ass.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #252951

Remove demon drag. Solved.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #252966

JANIBORG HARD COUNTER
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #252967

cedarbridge wrote:Remove demon drag. Solved.
but they can't eat anyone now!

oh wait
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #252984

Sweaterkittens wrote:Wizard is already ridiculous, and while I legitimately hate it when people say "it's already bad so who cares?", I think it applies in this situation. Wizards have an arsenal of completely ridiculous tools already, of which demons are probably not the worst. If we want to try and turn Wizard into a reasonable, balanced roundtype, it'd be worth having this discussion, otherwise it's kind of silly.
>Reasonable and balanced
>One wizard trying to outclick 50+ people in the crew trying to outclick them

You're retarded. Any attempts to balance the wizard to be comparable to the crew would end with the wizard being ground into dust the moment one person with decent aim caught them off jaunt cooldown, which was such a problem RIGHT NOW with wizard that mulligan was added to it. Think before you post, kids.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #253073

Armhulen wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Remove demon drag. Solved.
but they can't eat anyone now!

oh wait
Actually it could be a cool idea, just have them heal on hit when damaging humans. Also it's even more slaughter-themed since you leave the halls littered with corpses.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Davidchan
Byond Username: Davidchan

Post by Davidchan » #253107

Have them eat random limbs/organs off a body instead of dragging people into the blood. Adds the slim chance of saving people while also the body horror of watching you friend who may or may not still be alive being literally ripped to shreds and eaten.

Also did anyone ever fix their los blood jump? was kinda ridiculous they could jump past windows and transparent barriers to blood 5 tiles away.
Law 0: Secborg din do nuffin.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #253333

just borg the janitor and a few greyshits and slaughter demons are easily fucked
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #253532

beerobot wrote:just borg the janitor and a few greyshits and slaughter demons are easily fucked
*kills the roboticist*
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #253538

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
beerobot wrote:just borg the janitor and a few greyshits and slaughter demons are easily fucked
*kills the roboticist*
*destroys the robotics fabricators*
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #253542

Steelpoint wrote:
*kills the roboticist*
*destroys the robotics fabricators*
*kills the unarmed janiborgs*
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #253550

*kills the roboticist*
OH NO THE ENEMY HAS COUNTERPLAYED ME FUCK CODERS REMOVE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #254332

*teleports behind you* NOTHIN' PERSONELLE KIIIIIIDDDD *destroys everything, just fucking breaks it all from the cloners to telecoms to your face*
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #254613

ShadowDimentio wrote:
*kills the roboticist*
OH NO THE ENEMY HAS COUNTERPLAYED ME FUCK CODERS REMOVE THIS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Sure, but I mean your argument is that wizards don't need to balanced because they could never 1v50+ , but Demons very rapidly make the place into a """"fair fight""""" [turning 1v50 into 1v<lowpop levels>] while wizards still get spells intended to lmao "50+" crewmembers since they are independent from each other once spawned.

If wizards are going to have setups intended to 1v50, then they don't need demons. This is like having stands, except the stand doesn't share health and can teleport anywhere on the map, make "teleporting gates" by killing someone and pulling them around, And heals whenever he kills someone while also permanently removing them for the round. The only downside is they're SUPPOSE to antagonize the wizard [which they often don't do since, well, the wizard can 1v50 unless he's wounded or they're feeling overzealous].

If wizards are going to be "balanced", then demons would be a pretty big balancing factor since they give the wizard a much fairer fight against the station.

Idk I think it's silly to say wizards aren't suppose to be balanced because they're 1v50ing but they can purchase one item that nullifies that argument while still leaving 8 points to buy 1v50 spells.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current