Toolbox sprites

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Toolbox sprites

New sprites (Goonstation)
34%
Old sprites (TG aka the stuff we've been using for years)
66%

Total votes: 95

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Re: Toolbox sprites

Post by danno » #255514

Bottom post of the previous page:

day of the NT when...
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #255517

I wouldn't trust most of the coders to take care of my cat for a day, I definitely don't trust them to single-handedly decide the fate of the server by themselves, especially after their long and storied history if ruining the game until people scream at them enough and some kind soul who usually isn't even a coder steps up to unfuck everything.

See: Goofchem, newcult, secborg removal, the infinite amount of nerfing things that dunk them, the infinite amount of buffing things they like.
Last edited by ShadowDimentio on Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
danno

Post by danno » #255519

talk a lot of shit for someone who doesn't do anything but enjoy the fruits of their labor dude
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #255521

I tried to be the change I wanted to see and coded once, tweaked bottles to have a 1 and 2U transfer so virology would be slightly faster. The most trivial change in the world, you would think.

The PR was closed after a week of agonizing scrutiny over the merits of tweaking bottles and how this completely trivialized droppers and how I would thus be obligated with removing droppers from the game.

Never again.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #255522

So, if we're such a nazi regime, why are you still here?
私は完璧
danno

Post by danno » #255526

Ok, you made a PR that people didn't agree with
welcome to the fucking club, buddy

to be fair, we have droppers for the exact thing you were trying to do. Use a dropper.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #255528

TG is the best of the worst. Goon is full of SJWs, Bay is full of *breathe mary sues that ban you if you do anything fun or dunk them, all the other servers are knockoff TG with worse administration.

Coders are thankfully very rare and never even play the game so the only time I have to deal with them is in times like this.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #255529

ShadowDimentio wrote:TG is the best.
Thank you, your voice has been heard, it's good to know the community are so truly grateful.
私は完璧
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #255530

I've never said otherwise. TG is the best SS13 server. At least here you won't get banned for giving an admin a wrong look, you'll just get banned as soon as the admin can manufacture a reason to ban you. :honkman:
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
danno

Post by danno » #255533

ok?
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #255553

Hooleee shit. I come back into this thread and people are suddenly screaming at each other over the ethics of coding and how "all coders" see the playerbase. Please, don't get worked up over this. It isn't worth losing your sanity over. I don't know about other people, but I code for the game because I like it and I like coding. I don't have a super sekrit hatred of the machine and I don't think code and players are separate. At all. Literally anyone can make a PR, and even if it gets rejected, oh well, try something else. Life goes on, and even though I'll always be frustrated, I'll be cooled down in an hour or two.

"Coder" isn't a job or something. Some people are more active, but that doesn't make them any less of someone who enjoys the game. I don't do it because I like exerting godly powers over the proletariat from my all-powerful GitHub throne. Please don't try to classify people under a certain schema. It makes everyone involved upset and it isn't any better than saying that girls have cooties. "Coders hate the players!" Come on, people. You're better than this.

dannno, you made something that people didn't like. A lot of people, myself included, do like the new sprites, but accept the criticism without bashing anyone who doesn't like it. If people are assholes, don't be an asshole back. It just makes people do it more.

Shadow, I don't know where you got this stigma about coders from, but it's completely wrong. Hop in Coderbus on rizon sometimes, and you'll see that I'm right. We don't plot against players or say how much better we are. At the most we poke fun on the Sibyl vs. Bagil debate.

Remie, please don't feed the fires. You're our most senior maintainer and I know you're better than this.

And no, I don't care that people get my work for free and bash me for all the effort I put into it. Not everyone is inclined, and most people just want to have fun and enjoy the game, and that's perfectly fine. I can accept criticism in stride. I would hope that anyone who tries to code for us could, but it seems that I was wrong. I removed shadowlings with barely a peep after I recognized my mistakes. I didn't mind. Sometimes you just have to accept that you're wrong.

All this over a toolbox... I'd hate to see what would happen if someone changed the security jumpsuit.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #255560

Xhuis wrote: Remie, please don't feed the fires. You're our most senior maintainer and I know you're better than this.
I like playing with them.
Genuinely though I just try to lighten the mood.
私は完璧
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #255561

I'm glad about that, then. Tone isn't conveyed well over the Internet.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #255562

Xhuis wrote:I'm glad about that, then. Tone isn't conveyed well over the Internet.
It really isn't.
私は完璧
danno

Post by danno » #255564

Xhuis wrote: dannno, you made something that people didn't like. A lot of people, myself included, do like the new sprites, but accept the criticism without bashing anyone who doesn't like it. If people are assholes, don't be an asshole back. It just makes people do it more.
hey man trust me I know
that's why it's the way it is now
I'm not trying to bash anyone here
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #255601

GUESS WHAT: Oldchem won the polls over goofchem and guess what happened
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #255604

Remie Richards wrote:So, if we're such a nazi regime, why are you still here?
You know that's a door that swings two ways right?

Honestly, I just wish that feedback honestly mattered in more cases than not. And I mean player feedback not purely git feedback. When a new feature gets added that will strongly change the state of the game, the approach should really be "Here's thing. Take a look." and when the playerbase responds "We don't want thing." the answer should never be "our code not yours too bad enjoy thing." That's really bad optics.

I really can't tell what is shitposting anymore and what the general feel is among the maintainers anymore. But if things are really moving back to the holier-than-thou divide of the past then it might be alright to just impose a server-side update freeze and be done with it.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #255607

Remie Richards wrote:
Xhuis wrote:I'm glad about that, then. Tone isn't conveyed well over the Internet.
It really isn't.
I'm just bad at reading it then, I guess.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #255609

Xhuis wrote:All this over a toolbox... I'd hate to see what would happen if someone changed the security jumpsuit.
I was around for that. Bloody murder, by what I recall.

I miss Shadowlings, though that's probably not for this thread.

Xhuis, His Grace is your /tg/ baby, right? Any thoughts on the mockup animation I put at the bottom of page 4?
Bombadil wrote:GUESS WHAT: Oldchem won the polls over goofchem and guess what happened
I was there for that, too. I was one of the loudest bitchers, and I stand by my bitching. Goofchem was a carcrash, though it eventually got fixed and became better than before (though not by Goof's hand, by what I can tell).
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #255633

AnonymousNow wrote:
Xhuis wrote:All this over a toolbox... I'd hate to see what would happen if someone changed the security jumpsuit.
I was around for that. Bloody murder, by what I recall.

I miss Shadowlings, though that's probably not for this thread.

Xhuis, His Grace is your /tg/ baby, right? Any thoughts on the mockup animation I put at the bottom of page 4?
I still think that part of the charm comes from it being a normal toolbox that happens to be violently shaking. I wouldn't put up a fight if it got added, but I still want it to be a normal toolbox.
As for you concerns about shadowling, this thread should cover it.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #255663

All this over a toolbox. I can't decide which side is being more autistic.

The third option a few posts back is the best imo
danno

Post by danno » #255683

what behavior are you upset at
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #255687

I really don't see a reason an unpaid volunteer should have to be nice to people calling him a talentless hack that should be removed.
danno

Post by danno » #255688

hey who said that
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #255719

you're a talentless hack who sould be removed danno
danno

Post by danno » #255726

sould
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #255733

>danno
>in game admin

When did we stray this far from the light.

On topic, new toolbox sprites are fine, just so long as they are as large as the old ones.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #255750

they're certainly not a tiny item
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #255801

Everyone whining like a bitch about WAAAH CODERS needs to lurk in coderbus and actually talk.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
danno

Post by danno » #255802

d-down wif da burjoise
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #255838

AnonymousNow wrote:Hah! I don't know how pull requests work.

This is Round 2 of Now Getting Shit Added To The Game, with me knowing the absolute bare-bones basics and trying not to fuck everything up. I'm hoping to get to Round 3, which is where I try actually code something, but in the meantime, there's this.

Actual Size, scale to the storage.dmi file and the images at the start of this thread...
ImageImage
Scaled-up for a detailed look...
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Alternative "new" toolbox sprites. They're the Goonsprites, given back the third dimension, with a handle tweak.

I think I vaguely know how pulls work now. Is it worth putting this one up?

EDIT: Made them a pixel taller than the Goonsprites, as well. Also, added the Syndiebox, which I'd entirely forgotten about on my first pass. Oops!

Problem solved everyone can go home now
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #255857

*burps* fuck toolboxes
WJohnston
Byond Username: WJohnston

Post by WJohnston » #255859

So can we close this thread now?

Because these sprites aren't gonna be changed back.

Also, stockholm syndrome.
Apparently I was an director or something.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #255863

Xhuis wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
It really isn't.
... I was agreeing with you.
It really ISN'T conveyed well.
私は完璧
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #255871

Remie Richards wrote:
Xhuis wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:
It really isn't.
... I was agreeing with you.
It really ISN'T conveyed well.
ಠ╭╮ಠ
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #255874

I am a toolbox and I endorse the new sprites AMA
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #255877

Wyzack wrote:I am a toolbox and I endorse the new sprites AMA
How are you alive?
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #255878

Are you His Grace?
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #255889

Xhuis wrote:
How are you alive?
I'm not dude im a toolbox jeez racist much?
Haevacht wrote:
Are you His Grace?
No but he is a good friend of mine. Nice guy, occasionally leaves human gibs around my place though which kinda grosses me out. You humans are nasty on the inside
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #255891

SEE THE RED ON HIS GRACE I WAS RIGHT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLL ALONG AHAHAHA
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #255905

Used to dislike nu boxes, they are good I think now
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #256111

TheColdTurtle wrote:Used to dislike nu boxes, they are good I think now
Pretty much.
Now that they're larger and slightly better detailed, I'm happier. I still wish that they were 3D (and I could edit them to be like that).
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #256119

six pages of autism over toolbox sprites

moral of the story is don't change legacy sprites because "MUH FUTURE PROGRESS OF ARTWORK"
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

danno

Post by danno » #256121

no it isn't
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #256165

if democracy is powerful enough to remove toolbox sprites it is powerful enough to remove those shit pais ;)
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #256176

God wills it, infidels.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #256204

confused rock wrote:if democracy is powerful enough to remove toolbox sprites it is powerful enough to remove those shit pais ;)
but it actually wasn't powerful enough to remove them
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #256252

good thread