April Fools Day 2017

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

April Fools Day can be a very disruptive experience in SS13. How disruptive SHOULD it be?

Very: Game turned on its head, normal rounds nearly impossible to hold without memes getting in the way.
25%
Decently: Memes significantly change how a round plays out, but the base game is still playable under the chaos with effort.
37%
Mildly: If you want to you can still play the game much like if it wasn't April Fools Day, but there's memes as well that some players might seek out.
25%
Barely: Memes are well hidden and out of the way, most rounds are more or less normal baring the occasional strangeness.
10%
Not at all: No disruptive April Fools Day memes at all.
4%

Total votes: 52

Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Re: April Fools Day 2017

Post by Xhuis » #271066

Bottom post of the previous page:

As the day draws closer, I'd like to resurrect this to remind you that two or three maintainers remain completely adamant in putting a tight hold on any April Fool's features that are added. My questions as to how it will work in the end (testmerges? immediate reverts?) and complaints have been ignored or been met with either unjustifiable opinions or personal insults.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #271068

Oranges and... who are the other two?
私は完璧
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #271072

Kor and Izimann. Kor said that it was to avoid last year's issues (a problem that can be solved through closer reviewing) and Izimann said that he just doesn't like me.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #271094

Are you surprised by this turn of events?
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #271104

lmao no fun allowed
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #271108

I said headmins were planning on test merging things and that april fools sucks every year not that we're not having any at all.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #271114

Finally, an actual response! Every goddamn maintainer I ask gives me a different one! So you can say, with absolute certainty, that if I make a non-modular April Fools' PR for just this year, you can testmerge it and then I can close/delete it after?
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #271118

I'm not a headmin so I can't say with any certainty what they will or will not test merge other than that one of them has expressed interest in one of my joke PRs and asked me to make sure it works.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #271119

Where's the branch @
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #271124

i will testmerge two of kors prs

it will be a surprise unless you read github
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.