san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

The "A-Z" Quick-Start Guide To Mapping

Post by san7890 » #639903

You there!

Would you like to know how to map?

Look no further, for there is now... a guide!

This guide should help you go through all of the steps of Git (hopefully), Mapping with StrongDMM, Testing Your Changes, and more! There's a bit more to mapping, but I'm working on a reference for some of the more technical stuff. It's long enough as it is, but I hope that it can be helpful to you all.

Please do let me know if you run into any roadblocks/confusion while going through this guide for yourself, and do tell me if you want me to clarify something (or if I'm completely wrong about something beyond using Github Desktop).

https://hackmd.io/@tgstation/SyVma0dS5

Thank you!
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
san7890
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: San7890
Github Username: san7890

Re: The "A-Z" Quick-Start Guide To Mapping

Post by san7890 » #640353

I also have a "Reference Collection" in regards to mapping stuff. As of the time of this post, it's currently still a work-in-progress, but I think it has enough valuable information to still be usable.

https://hackmd.io/@tgstation/ry4-gbKH5
Simultaneously making both the best and worst jokes on the internet. I like looking at maps and code. Learn how to map today!. You may rate me here.
vect0r
Byond Username: Vect0r

Re: The "A-Z" Quick-Start Guide To Mapping

Post by vect0r » #666782

I noticed nobody has replied, but I found this really helpful! Thank you so much.
VENDETTA+Cecilia Vujic