Station Patches

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Station Patches

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #309252

Alright, not everyone is going to be satisfied with the patches, so I'll just post em here and any updates/feedback I get on them will be rolled in eventually.

Anyone wishing to use these: Please contact me on IRC or here and I'll work with you to get you the highest quality image best suited for your use-case.

26/6/17 - Initially posted. Omega Station is not included in the line-up.

Box Station
The very spirit of the game is evident with the Box Station patch. An alternating background pattern of brown and grey evokes the spirit of Cargo (the department where I cut my teeth on Space Station 13). The motto, "'Ole Faithful'", emblazoned on a sea of "Nanotrasen Blue" in a polygon with 13 points calls to the station's long history of service to Nanotrasen.

Meta Station
Metastation was incepted as an alternative to the venerable Box station, and with time, has come into its own as a feature-complete, detail-rich map for Space Station 13. The patch is simple and to the point: Meta is the gold standard to which all other maps should be held.

Meta Station
"Efficiency Through Replication" is the motto for Delta Station, a recent addition to the map roster. Featuring a complex, twisting maintenance sector with nearly every department duplicated (symbolized with the double-delta symbols in the center), you can't stop Delta.

Pubby Station
Due to its small size, Pubby was built without a law office, thusly giving us our motto: "No Law But Ours". The crossed crowbar and wrench* embrace this and remind us that the crew, not security, hold the peace.
*Crowbar and wrench icons sourced from the Noun Project under CC BY 3.0 US

Cere Station
With an eight-pointed polygon for the eight rocks that make up Cere Station, the motto for this expansive station is "Take A Hike". 'cause buddy, you're gonna be walkin.

Central Command Station
Most shifts end when the shuttle docks at Central Command Station, the crown jewel of Nanotrasen's empire. In the same shape as the Nanotrasen logo, this patch and its motto, "Finis Subsinctus" (roughly: End of shift), evokes a feeling of wellness and safety. The reflected C's in the center resemble the symbol for infinity, reminding us that there are an infinite number of shifts and an infinite number of obstacles to overcome.
Last edited by Atlanta-Ned on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Re: Station Patches

Post by Remie Richards » #309266

Omega and Pubby are the worst.
The rest are really nice good job.
私は完璧
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #309267

Omega and Pubby are the worst.
The rest are really nice good job.
私は完璧
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #309269

box one sux.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #309290

Honest feedback: They seem kind of plain. I like the Delta one, though
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #309302

box is meant to be plain because it's fucking boxstation
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #309308

The cerestation logo feels very wide, it represents the map nicely
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #309309

bman wrote:box is meant to be plain because it's fucking boxstation
i don't follow

metastation one isn't plain because it's fucking metastation, and the metastation one certainly doesn't look like shit either
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #309317

Armhulen wrote:
bman wrote:box is meant to be plain because it's fucking boxstation
i don't follow

metastation one isn't plain because it's fucking metastation, and the metastation one certainly doesn't look like shit either
that's cause metastation isnt plain

it has the largest amount of useless fluff relative to its size/fluff items per area of any map
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #309368

the box one just looks bad and the cere one could use a little work but I really like the metastation one
Limey wrote:its too late.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #309400

Here is your official criticism from the best opinion holder on the forums.

The delta one is the best, of all of them. Cerestation is also quite good, but could do with a bit more detailing. The solid red isn't doing it for me.

The metastation one is ok, but just ok. It could also do with a bit more attention. This goes for Omega and Pubby as well.

The central command one suffers in the same way and is boring.

The box one is bad. I get it, but it's not working. Especially the font in the bottom left. Perhaps instead of the square, rotate the square 45 degrees (but keep the BOX text angled probably)

thank you and you're welcome
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #312385

Alright, not everyone is going to be satisfied with the patches, so I'll just post em here and any updates/feedback I get on them will be rolled in eventually.

Anyone wishing to use these: Please contact me on IRC or here and I'll work with you to get you the highest quality image best suited for your use-case.

26/6/17 - Initially posted. Omega Station is not included in the line-up.

Box Station
The very spirit of the game is evident with the Box Station patch. An alternating background pattern of brown and grey evokes the spirit of Cargo (the department where I cut my teeth on Space Station 13). The motto, "'Ole Faithful'", emblazoned on a sea of "Nanotrasen Blue" in a polygon with 13 points calls to the station's long history of service to Nanotrasen.

Meta Station
Metastation was incepted as an alternative to the venerable Box station, and with time, has come into its own as a feature-complete, detail-rich map for Space Station 13. The patch is simple and to the point: Meta is the gold standard to which all other maps should be held.

Meta Station
"Efficiency Through Replication" is the motto for Delta Station, a recent addition to the map roster. Featuring a complex, twisting maintenance sector with nearly every department duplicated (symbolized with the double-delta symbols in the center), you can't stop Delta.

Pubby Station
Due to its small size, Pubby was built without a law office, thusly giving us our motto: "No Law But Ours". The crossed crowbar and wrench* embrace this and remind us that the crew, not security, hold the peace.
*Crowbar and wrench icons sourced from the Noun Project under CC BY 3.0 US

Cere Station
With an eight-pointed polygon for the eight rocks that make up Cere Station, the motto for this expansive station is "Take A Hike". 'cause buddy, you're gonna be walkin.

Central Command Station
Most shifts end when the shuttle docks at Central Command Station, the crown jewel of Nanotrasen's empire. In the same shape as the Nanotrasen logo, this patch and its motto, "Finis Subsinctus" (roughly: End of shift), evokes a feeling of wellness and safety. The reflected C's in the center resemble the symbol for infinity, reminding us that there are an infinite number of shifts and an infinite number of obstacles to overcome.
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Cyberboss
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Cyberboss
Github Username: Cyberboss

Post by Cyberboss » #312387

I'm going to overlay these on title screens in the bottom left
ImageImage
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #312411

all the ones you changed are definitely improved
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #312413

learn your latin or risk making a lizard scream very loudly
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #312426

DemonFiren wrote:learn your latin or risk making a lizard scream very loudly
Spoiler: I don't know latin so if anyone has a better translation lemme know. This is what Google translate spit out :P
FrozenGuy5
Github User
Byond Username: FrozenGuy5
Github Username: praisenarsie

Post by FrozenGuy5 » #313359

Meta's logo looks way too plain
Pubby's logo looks... bad? I just don't like the way Pubby's logo looks.

pls change?
ййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййййй shitty fucking signatures
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #323258

poor omega
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?