Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Sophie Station

Post by allura » #332822

Engineering and atmos:
https://my.mixtape.moe/yhvafj.jpg

Maybe i will finish this map

Before you complain about engineering not having an escape pod, im giving it to science instead
Last edited by allura on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PanzerIV
Byond Username: Panzer IV

Re: Sophie Station

Post by PanzerIV » #332828

Looks neat so far
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #332896

This looks to be a full-pop map. Why are you using the TEG instead of the supermatter, or another dangerous engine?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #333110

Gun Hog wrote:This looks to be a full-pop map. Why are you using the TEG instead of the supermatter, or another dangerous engine?
If he adds the parts for other engines somehwere why not
Limey wrote:its too late.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #333369

are you even trying with the names anymore dude
allura

Post by allura » #333395

bman wrote:are you even trying with the names anymore dude
Ive never been good at station names, so i was never trying in the first place. What are some station names you think are good
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #333401

"Kalterik" seems fitting, given the engine!
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #333414

The valves might be better off being replaced with pumps. Valves aren't one way and I can't see anything that will force the gas to cycle after passing though the TEG which means that the gas' temperature will try to reach equilibrium through the whole system (since there's no pumps to isolate the space loop/incinerator pipes from the pipes running through the TEG itself).
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #333562

use passive gates even though they're useless considering they don't work unless powered even though that's their whole thing.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #333677

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:use passive gates even though they're useless considering they don't work unless powered even though that's their whole thing.
Passive gates thing is that they work as one-way valves and let a constant amount of pressure through. Very useful for maintaining pressure in distro loops.
allura

Post by allura » #333758

Anonmare wrote:The valves might be better off being replaced with pumps. Valves aren't one way and I can't see anything that will force the gas to cycle after passing though the TEG which means that the gas' temperature will try to reach equilibrium through the whole system (since there's no pumps to isolate the space loop/incinerator pipes from the pipes running through the TEG itself).
You're right, I was looking at Bay and Goon's TEG setup to copy since the only one on tg code is the very minimal ministation, and it was hard to tell what kind of pumps to use because bay has their own custom pumps and Goon has mone.
ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:use passive gates even though they're useless considering they don't work unless powered even though that's their whole thing.
Where? And if you mean in the atmos room, the point was to create the most streamlined design while leaving room for improvements and modification. I don't want to immediately start with it being perfect.

If you mean on the TEG, I don't know enough about them to say if they'll work or not.