Cult Sprite Shortage

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Cult Sprite Shortage

Post by Oldman Robustin » #370707

So I've pretty much finished https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/33810 and the cult sprite shortage is worse than ever. As I've updated cult over the years it's been a struggle, I can only recolor or tweak so many recycled icons before it shows. I'm doing it all in the Dreammaker editor except for stuff like THE ARM which took like a day of learning Gimp.

The new cult dagger is a ritual blade, which is a thinly disguised fucking banana (honkrender).

The mirror shield's only redeeming quality is that it's pulse syncs with the cult sword.

Almost all cult magic just uses the recolored ei-nath hand icon. Im still using all the old cult visuals for effects, which are in turn recolored spells (jaunt, ninja teleport, magic sparkles, etc.) A lot of it works but it kind of shows when you keep seeing different items and spells pumping out the same effects.

Hopefully a test merge will be in soon so you can see what I'm talking about but I think first and foremost the dagger could use a new icon. The arcane tome was simple, sure, but it was iconic - the reused render icon is a disservice but I haven't been able to come up with an alternative.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Cult Sprite Shortage

Post by Cobby » #370853

can you post your palette for cult stuff.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Oldman Robustin
Byond Username: ForcefulCJS

Re: Cult Sprite Shortage

Post by Oldman Robustin » #370862

Cobby wrote:can you post your palette for cult stuff.
I don't use a special palette, I just use what we already have in cult_actions/cult_items. I was hoping to get the testmerge up today so you can see what I'm talking about.