Asteroidstation! [aka Rockbase aka TGstation 3]

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Re: Asteroidstation! [aka Rockbase aka TGstation 3]

Post by Intigracy » #46465

Bottom post of the previous page:

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #46494

i genuinely wish i had never restored this map. i made it because hbl wanted me to AND jordie's words on it in #coderbus indicated he wasn't interested in continuing it. now that jordie's completely shat all over the map i hate it
Septavius

Post by Septavius » #46517

allura wrote: DID I MENTION SCRAMBLED SINGULO? NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT NO ONE LIKE THATS! NO ONE LIKES THAT
i like it
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #46524

allura wrote:RESCRAMBLING OF THE FUCKING SINGULO
What the fuck is scrambled singulo?

How can one scramble or unscramble or re-scramble it on a map level?
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #46528

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #46589

Put a newscaster in the detectives office please
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #47206

For all that is holy please turn the disposal chute into a separate room, anyone who feels the need to toss themselves down a chute has access to the cargo warehouse and it gets really annoying.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #47516

MMMiracles wrote:For all that is holy please turn the disposal chute into a separate room, anyone who feels the need to toss themselves down a chute has access to the cargo warehouse and it gets really annoying.
This is true. Just add part-tile windows alone the chute and a windoor with cargo access, and that'll be fine.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #47519

Also cargo is easily the shittest sec assignment on the whole station. You get a tiny ass office compared to the kickin rad ones in medical and science, and you do not have access to the cargo bay so you literally cannot police your own department. You have to sit outside and use disposals if you wanna get in.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #47566

usage of the new glass tables is much too liberal
theyve replaced almost all the normal ones, it looks silly
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #47677

Mining there is still a kickass new idea though...

Can we just agree that mining is fun on asteroid station?
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #47804

also
toxins needs a tachyon thingy
atmos needs a turbine
and what allura said about the containment field is right, that disassembled field is totally disgusting
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
allura

Post by allura » #47824

whew man like a nigga makes 3 or 4 small cosmetic changes when they fix a map and theyre all reverted in 3 updates what are you fuckin lobotomized?
this map is still total horseshit, it being run as an official map is killing this server and killing me
Random Players
Byond Username: Random Players

Post by Random Players » #47832

Killing the server? Average pop seems to have increased.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #47895

Yeah we have more people now than we did before asstation. But it is pretty rough around the edges and needs some work. Aside from the shit that has already been said, there should be more boxes of replacement lights around maint. Given how often we get electrical storms and how seldom we have a janitor replacing them all is annoying as hell
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
allura

Post by allura » #47934

there's the same amount of fucking people as we had back in meta, i was just being a fag to be a fag
this map isn't "rough around the edges", it's an unbalanced cesspool of incompetent mapping and absolute fucking incompetence. the design is, and always has been, complete shit, the map is full of shitty unorthodox ideas integrated by jordie and hbl that no one likes, it's fucking huge and broken and hideous and shouldn't even be a thing, it's not only hideous but functionally/technically horrible (pipes and wires), and the single dev is a complete shitlord who has no clue what he's fucking doing. this map's restoral by my hands was the single most autistic and fucking queershit thing to ever happen to this server, and i'm going to go kill myself
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #47938

you're edgy
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #47942

Did you ever think that maybe you hate it more than everyone else? It was pretty well received, based on the poll we had. I am not against going back to based metastation, but now that the server has had a taste of ass they may not want to go back. I wish metacide would come back, he was kickin rad
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Miauw
Byond Username: Miauw62

Post by Miauw » #47946

holy shit atmos is horrible.
its confusing as heck and the air pipe (not distro) is caught between fifty other pipes so you cant use it for anything and aaaaa

don't get me wrong this map is cool but i like to tinker with things as an atmos tech and this makes that really really hard. the external pipes arent even next to eachother.
<wb> For one, the spaghetti is killing me. It's everywhere in food code, and makes it harder to clean those up.
<Tobba> I stared into BYOND and it farted
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #47948

It could definitely use some changes to atmos and wiring...

It's HUGE too... And somewhat confusing at first, but I do enjoy the separation of departments like robuttics and mining from science and cargo respectively.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #47949

Wiring and pipping can stand to be revamped. Right now they mostly run through the main halls instead of going through maintenance.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #48177

The bridge could use a multitool, and the lights in the captain's quarters don't seem to work correctly on roundstart. The APC can be on and have lights set to manual on, but still not be powering and lighting.

Also, the asteroid "base" has only a 2x2 sealed room for asteroid cult, and one of those 4 squares has a table in it. The comparable room in boxstation is like 3x4. This became relevant in a cult round last night where there wasn't physical room for us to make a rune and stand around it to chant. Also, re-pressurizing the tiny 2x2 room is very hard with no room to maneuver.

Other than that, I like it very much, much more than metastation. Although one thing that meta has going for it that asteroid station doesn't is the little wall-placards that show the station layout map. Those would be nice, so I don't have to alt-tab to the map image at the top of this thread every few minutes to see where I am going.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #48225

Jordie has not really responded to any of the feedback in here? Is any of it going to be considered for implementation?
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #48358

Wyzack wrote:Jordie has not really responded to any of the feedback in here? Is any of it going to be considered for implementation?
Indeed it is, I do read this thread but have found it easier to reply to all the feedback in a big post when an update it made; most of my response it just "fixed" or "I'll try to fix it".

Which by the way, won't next be until this PR is merged since Git is a pain.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
TheBibleMelts
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TheBibleMelts

Post by TheBibleMelts » #48360

Botany needs an overhaul. It's incredibly cramped, and there's no backpack water tanks.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #48397

Excellent, thanks. Was just making sure.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Shadowlight213
Byond Username: Shadowlight213
Github Username: Shadowlight213

Post by Shadowlight213 » #48677

The AI core on the shuttle has no power, meaning its a death sentence for any AI that gets transferred there.
iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #49126

Mining could use a medkit or two. On sibyl we have ours and the one that we can steal from cargo. Having one available would make mining much nicer.
Knaive
Byond Username: Knaive

Post by Knaive » #49196

there are no plasma tanks in atmos
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #49385

I might be forgetting how the crusher is supposed to work, but all of the metal and glass it produces just sits on the same tile as the crusher, and are hidden by the machine's sprite, so they don't get sent to the stacking machine round the corner.

Any materials I do manually place onto the conveyor belt on the other side also does not get sorted onto the belt towards the stacker, they get sent to the disposals mass driver. Also, the belt leading up to the mass driver just move the items back and forth in opposite directions on the first two tiles of the belt.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #51116

Version 8 was finished and went live a few days ago and I completely forgot to make a post about it.
Spoiler:
Knaive wrote:there are no plasma tanks in atmos
There's no plasma tanks in atmos on any map
palpatine213 wrote:The AI core on the shuttle has no power, meaning its a death sentence for any AI that gets transferred there.
I tried some solutions to this but none of them worked properly without a significant change to the escape shuttle so the AI core there has been removed until that gets done.
iyaerP wrote:and the lights in the captain's quarters don't seem to work correctly on roundstart. The APC can be on and have lights set to manual on, but still not be powering and lighting.
It happens, and used to happen, elsewhere as well. CorruptComputer did some testing with it and determined that we have literally no idea what causes it.
fleure wrote:so they don't get sent to the stacking machine round the corner.

Any materials I do manually place onto the conveyor belt on the other side also does not get sorted onto the belt towards the stacker, they get sent to the disposals mass driver.
Intentional, box's stacker is the same manner; a bit silly and could stand to be changed so it does I guess.
The following issues mentioned here were fixed in addition to others mentioned on the changelog:
Spoiler:
Erbbu wrote:Robotics surgery could use a sink for muh immulsions.
Anonus wrote:The medical desk needs a button or two to open the doors, so doctors can let people in from the desk like on box and metastation.
lumipharon wrote:Yeah, the medsec outpost has THREE! door controls, but not the actual reception area.

Both the gibber and the crematorium are not accessible from maint. As well as meaning the chaplain and hef can't get into maint as easily (although there is still maint access at the main chapel) it means it's harder to sneakily destroy bodies.

Edit: The maint bar, that room own in the SW corner with the booze storage and shit, the south wall bit, that's vertically one tile below the booze storage.

Edit 3: There are no r-walls beside the evidence room door, which compromises the security of the brig, as that's literally the only spot in that doesn't have them. Oh and the sec maint door just leads directly onto the main corridor, so it's function the same as the front door (except no shutters), which is pretty lame. The 2 rechargers are in the main brig area instead of the sec office, which makes them rather unsecure, when you have non sec in the brig.
Wyzack wrote:Put a newscaster in the detectives office please
Cipher3 wrote:This is true. Just add part-tile windows alone the chute and a windoor with cargo access, and that'll be fine.
miggles wrote:toxins needs a tachyon thingy
Miauw wrote:holy shit atmos is horrible.
iyaerP wrote:The bridge could use a multitool
Also, the asteroid "base" has only a 2x2 sealed room for asteroid cult, and one of those 4 squares has a table in it. The comparable room in boxstation is like 3x4. This became relevant in a cult round last night where there wasn't physical room for us to make a rune and stand around it to chant. Also, re-pressurizing the tiny 2x2 room is very hard with no room to maneuver.
iyaerP wrote:Mining could use a medkit or two. On sibyl we have ours and the one that we can steal from cargo. Having one available would make mining much nicer.
fleure wrote:I might be forgetting how the crusher is supposed to work, but all of the metal and glass it produces just sits on the same tile as the crusher, and are hidden by the machine's sprite,
the belt leading up to the mass driver just move the items back and forth in opposite directions on the first two tiles of the belt.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #51132

Not sure if this got fixed, but there is a knife sitting on the table by the birthday cake. It has the sprite of a kitchen knife, but is just called "knife." I dont know how its damage compared but it cannot be used to slice cake or bread, nor will it work for butchering carp and spiders and stuff. Either remove it or replace it with an actual kitchen knife, because having a cake beside a knife that is arbitrarily unable to slice things is dumb.
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Silavite
Byond Username: Silavite

Post by Silavite » #51445

Can we have a turbine tacked onto atmos? Having no other way to power the station other than the singulo is disconcerting.
moyogo

Post by moyogo » #51478

I haven't been happy with the kitchen/bar/dining area since I started playing on this map. This design gives you a lot more working room. I was considering placing a mixing table behind the bar, but the bartender in the round didn't want it. Now I need to figure out how to map stuff. The door between the kitchen and botany was sorely needed.

kitchen redesign.jpg
kitchen redesign2.jpg
kitchen redesign3.jpg
Last edited by moyogo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #51481

I like the current bar layout with a number of tables more. I also don't work in the kitchen, but the outer bar is best like it is.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

moyogo

Post by moyogo » #51486

It could easily be reworked to have a number of tables. Giving the kitchen and bar more space required me to shift everything down a bit, so I took the tables that were too close to the wall out. Kitchen is horribly cramped,especially compared to box or meta; so is botany but I didn't have time to get to that.

edit: We could actually keep everything down there the same and just make the theatre hallway two tiles wide. It's a minor hallway in an area with more open space than it knows what to do with.
Jordie0608
Site Admin

Post by Jordie0608 » #51561

Bleeding edge of the map has an expanded botany, it shouldn't be hard for us to make the kitchen bigger as well.
Forum Admin
moyogo

Post by moyogo » #51640

Jordie0608 wrote:Bleeding edge of the map has an expanded botany, it shouldn't be hard for us to make the kitchen bigger as well.
The most important thing really is the table adjacent to the microwaves.
fleure
Byond Username: Fleure

Post by fleure » #51643

Wyzack wrote:Not sure if this got fixed, but there is a knife sitting on the table by the birthday cake. It has the sprite of a kitchen knife, but is just called "knife." I dont know how its damage compared but it cannot be used to slice cake or bread, nor will it work for butchering carp and spiders and stuff. Either remove it or replace it with an actual kitchen knife, because having a cake beside a knife that is arbitrarily unable to slice things is dumb.
Yeah I was really confused when I went to slice the cake and just put the knife inside of it.
Ex-/tg/station maintainer for being a lazy shit.
allura

Post by allura » #51958

moyogo

Post by moyogo » #51967

Also there's no intercom in the general brig area.

edit: I also just tested the knife. It does the same damage as the kitchen knife with the added benefit of being useless for anything else.
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #51978

The funny thing is that the description says it can cut any food, when in reality it can cut nothing
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #52349

The mining ore redmeption machine takes things only from the top slot and dispences them out of the bottom. Meaning that right now, miners need to break both windows to put in and take out ore and sheets.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #52890

There are some enormous issues with this, jesus christ
- disposals spawns broken outside security
- chaplain's office maint is all access
- MAINTENANCE DOES NOT PROTECT YOU FROM RAD STORMS
- lawyer's office is literally a big empty closet (it looks so fucking bad, just take a look at the old one eve; add some plants, windows with a button to lock them down for private sessions)

overall the map isn't good, I really wish badger would switch to eff3 or someone would start maintaining meta again
library is awesome though. love the library.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
ZyloWalsh
Byond Username: ZyloWalsh

Post by ZyloWalsh » #52898

The engineering break-room needs to be moved east a bit. It is odd to sit in there and have the singo peel floor tiles off.
How many oats can three goats stuff in their coats while in separate boats sipping on floats?
ZyloWalsh
Byond Username: ZyloWalsh

Post by ZyloWalsh » #53072

The coin press needs its input_dir set.
How many oats can three goats stuff in their coats while in separate boats sipping on floats?
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #53078

Yeah, as well as disposals dumping all trash in the sechall there is a floortile a few tiles south that keeps popping out of place. Probably related
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #60139

Was this project completely abandoned? Its wiki page was deleted by Jordie, saying it was removed from the /tg/ codebase.
allura

Post by allura » #60272

corruptcomputer is remaking it
TZK13
Byond Username: Thurgatar

Post by TZK13 » #60321

Jordie0608 wrote:There's no plasma tanks in atmos on any map
So pretty late here but yes there are, I sure hope you aren't confusing tanks with canisters like so many people seem to do. On Box there's a tank storage unit containing ten plasma tanks in the Atmos monitoring room which this station lacks.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #80686

Anyone got an update on this?