The 7th Z

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

The 7th Z

Post by Cheridan » #41450

Ever since https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/4960 which necessitated it, we've had a 7th Z-level, which is exactly the same as the 6th Z-level. Totally empty space.

With team-space exploration now possible (enabling actual roleplay as opposed to lone aimless wandering) and a blank canvas, I think we're ripe for some new space content.

Post ideas here!
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Re: The 7th Z

Post by paprika » #41462

More small things. Maybe some randomized tiny asteroid fragments that have high chance blocks on them. More blank canvases for people to build autism forts in.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #41488

It'd be cool to see Paprika's idea plus have some of the tiny asteroid fragments be completely different, one may be a small abandoned laboratory, another may just be a washroom, another may be a clown outpost.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #41490

It would be a nice idea to encourage people to contribute small map areas.

Construction sites, asteroids, crashed ships, etc.

It just depends on how dense we want this Z-Level to be, and if we want a consistent theme in content.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #41557

I still want a space bar.
Hey.
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #41590

Maybe some sort of abandoned rev/cult/syndie/whatever outpost in an asteroid or something?
specyalic
Byond Username: Specyalic

Post by specyalic » #41602

A small research outpost on the edge of the edge of explored space, that time has forgot. the purpose to create sweet hats for NT, but long since abandoned. Its head-covering glory gathering dust, awaiting a dutiful explorer to find its lost riches
specyalic
Byond Username: Specyalic

Post by specyalic » #41663

Violaceus wrote:I think every place should have own z-level, so it would require actual space exploring, not "ok, to reach abandoned teleporter I leave derelict south of arrivals".
time to go to abandoned teleporter
Aranclanos
Byond Username: Aranclanos

Post by Aranclanos » #42578

There's a cool idea about an entire random-z level for exploration, to dumb down telescience to simple numbers and make it focus most of their gameplay on that level.
Of course it requires a lot of work so
I accept donations, click here
JStheguy
Byond Username: JStheguy

Post by JStheguy » #42580

This is probably relevant,
Huge Image of the various locations: http://i.imgur.com/0bfjdYs.png
I went ahead and made a z7 design.
Edit: Fuck I used the old image
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #42645

Nienhaus wrote:I still want a space bar.
Yes, please! A small, run down Space Bar with western, wooden design. Would be awesome to renovate, build a teleporter there and call everyone for a drink.
mrpain
Byond Username: Mrpain666

Post by mrpain » #44862

An abandoned, small, functional Clown Station
/vg/station Head Admin
Intigracy
Confined to the shed

Post by Intigracy » #44956

Last edited by Intigracy on Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #45023

The 7th z level can be a dungeon with a lot of really strong monsters. There is like a boss at the end of the dungeon that has 1000 hp and drops a surplus crate if killed. It would need a group effort of people to defeat the monster.
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #45032

JStheguy wrote:This is probably relevant,
Huge Image of the various locations: http://i.imgur.com/0bfjdYs.png
I went ahead and made a z7 design.
Edit: Fuck I used the old image
Could tack on shit like:
Syndicate listening posts
Pirate ships
Spider Clan Scout Ship
etc/
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #45778

Load the away missions in to z7
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45792

I'd like to see a Mob station. I.e. a really small space station populated entirely by Corgi's or Monkey's. That would be a weird thing to accidentally find.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #48632

Corgistation 13
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
A4Brogan
Byond Username: A4Brogan

Post by A4Brogan » #48673

How about a fortified station with traps, angry critters, and a fat load of loot worth risking life and limb to explore it?
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #52020

A reversed copy of the current map in use as an evil mirror universe type place.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
RG4
Byond Username: RG4ORDR

Post by RG4 » #52056

If you're an antagonist you meet your non-antagonist NPC counterpart and can kill him.
Skorvold
Byond Username: Skorvold

Post by Skorvold » #52121

Paste ministation in.
Never give up! Trust your instincts!
Spoiler:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/skorvold
Talk to me on steam anytime.