Kilo Station

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Re: Kilo Station

Post by Iatots » #529622

Bottom post of the previous page:

Needs the new reflector trenchcoat instead of the vest.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #536864

So we had to remove Kilo because it's violently broken. Around 90 minutes it starts to chug super hard, not much after it just crashes the game and DD reboots. Can we look into this?
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #560155

The best map we ever had... rest in peace.
legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #575603

I miss Okand like spongebob misses Garry...Okand, now I know I was wrong I messed up, and now your gone~
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #575607

kill staton
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Timonk
Byond Username: Timonk

Post by Timonk » #575616

Yes
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
In short, this appeal is denied. Suck my nuts retard.
Quoting a legend, at least im not a faggot lol
See you in 12 months unless you blacklist me for this
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Timonk wrote:This is why we make fun of Manuel
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

The hut has perished at my hands.

The pink arrow is always right.
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #575617

It was the perfect station for Terry gamers because it would crash after 1 hour either way
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Timberpoes wrote: I'm going to admin timonk [...]. Fuck it, he's also now my second host vote if goof rejects.
pikeyeskey13 wrote: ok don't forget to shove it up your ass lmao oops u can delete this one I just wanted to make sure it went through
Agux909 wrote:
Woah bravo there sir, post of the month you saved the thread. I feel overwhelmed by the echo of unlimited wisdom and usefulness sprouting from you post. Every Manuel player now feels embarrased to exist because of your much NEEDED wise words, you sure teached'em all, you genius, IQ lord.

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #575676

Kilo was beautiful...
[this space reserved]
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #581951

hello gamers I have recently been informed that someone had cracked the code to fixing the crashing bug(?) on kilo, with this in mind I think it'd be pretty epic to try getting into multi-z with the station to add new things to the map including staff rooms and updating to include more space on what might've been trimmed due to the size, soon:tm: maybe

p.s. i've had the chance to look at the current maps and how they handle floor decals and i think they're looking rad so i'll start from scratch on these to try to ensure they're looking nice and not too cluttered anymore

double p.s. there's an epic project made by an epic person named Maurukas who is working on fixing things like a boss and i would like to help them
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
bobbahbrown
Byond Username: Bobbahbrown

Post by bobbahbrown » #581963

we love okand

merry christmas,
bobbah 'bee' brown

The information contained in this post is intended only for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. Its contents (including any attachments) may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, disseminate, copy or print its contents. If you received this post in error, please notify the sender by reply post and delete and destroy the message.

L’information contenue dans ce message est destinée exclusivement aux personnes ou aux entités auxquelles le message est adressé. Le contenu de ce message (y compris toute pièce jointe) peut renfermer de l’information confidentielle et / ou privilégiée. Si ce message ne vous est pas destiné, vous ne pouvez utiliser, divulguer, diffuser, copier ou imprimer son contenu. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, veuillez aviser l’expéditeur en lui faisant parvenir une réponse. De plus, veuillez supprimer et détruire le message.
remanseptim
Byond Username: Remanseptim

Post by remanseptim » #582012

kilo is/was my favorite station to play on, so good on you for working on it
it has SOUL unlike meta or d*lta
stan_albatross
Byond Username: Stan_albatross

Post by stan_albatross » #582076

all of kilos "soul" came from funny decals and funny maint mobs

you know what map really had soul? box (and donut)

nuff said
Karl Karlsson and never anything else
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #582684

hey look snazzy multi-z head of staff offices (sorry no rd yet)

other parts of the lower area also have progress including security/medical which will also have elevators, yay elevators

Captain's Office (Upper) & Quarters (Lower)
Spoiler:
Head of Security's Office (Upper) & Quarters (Lower)
Spoiler:
Chief Medical Officer's Office (Upper) & Quarters (Lower)
Spoiler:
Head of Personnel's Office (Upper) & Quarters (Lower)
Spoiler:
p.s. an inspection by a nanotrasen legal team has determined that the station is not that much of a safety hazard and has removed a majority of the caution tape warning otherwise
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #582730

Timonk wrote:How many times has kilo been played during its testmerge?
unsure? if you mean when it was merged near the start of the year, it'd been played quite a bit and was generally received pretty well, barring hazard lines, some differing opinions over maint, and the bugs that led to it crashing

currently as far as im aware it was test-ran on bagil/basil today two times to "good reception" i am told
Timonk

Post by Timonk » #582734

suggestion: remove warning labels from firelocks, most "barrier" markings from doors, lables from holopads, scrubbers and vents, vending machines, some of the maint stuff and most lockers.

warning label problem isnt solved yet IMO
joooks wrote:
Naloac wrote:
Agux909 wrote:

Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #582791

Timonk wrote:suggestion: remove warning labels from firelocks, most "barrier" markings from doors, lables from holopads, scrubbers and vents, vending machines, some of the maint stuff and most lockers.

warning label problem isnt solved yet IMO
my current branch for multi-z is a bit different from the branch we're using for the test-merge

i intend on minimising some of the visual clutter (to a degree); i'll likely be keeping "bot" turf-decals (squares) below lockers and (certain) machinery but i'll remove them below any tables, vending machines, computers and so on
i've erased all the hazard lines on my own version and placed them (more limitedly) in a few areas, but i do intend on keeping them for open firelocks because they can crush people--this'll only apply to hallways, however
Last edited by Okand37 on Sun Dec 06, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarity
stan_albatross
Byond Username: Stan_albatross

Post by stan_albatross » #582819

My main problem with kilo (as well as with delta station to extent) is just the massive overuse of potted plants. Just from those small screenshots of the head of staff offices there is a potted plant in every single one except the lower HOP's office.

Turns out I just didn't see the plant there. There is a plant in every single one.
Last edited by stan_albatross on Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karl Karlsson and never anything else
Misdoubtful
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Misdoubtful

Post by Misdoubtful » #582830

stan_albatross wrote:My main problem with kilo (as well as with delta station to extent) is just the massive overuse of potted plants. Just from those small screenshots of the head of staff offices there is a potted plant in every single one except the lower HOP's office.
Yeah but plants help you breathe.

Seriously though, is there a better opinion for decor? The selection available is kind of limited, it just really shows in an instance like this where its used a ton. But that isn't really a problem, is it?
Last edited by Misdoubtful on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugs
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #582877

stan_albatross wrote:My main problem with kilo (as well as with delta station to extent) is just the massive overuse of potted plants. Just from those small screenshots of the head of staff offices there is a potted plant in every single one except the lower HOP's office.

Turns out I just didn't see the plant there. There is a plant in every single one.
are you allergic to plants--if so, pick them up and put them in the disposals bin
Last edited by Okand37 on Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: clarity
actioninja
Byond Username: Actioninja

Post by actioninja » #582891

...what?
TheFinalPotato
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: LemonInTheDark

Post by TheFinalPotato » #582954

This is sad, stop being sad
My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperials. Can you say the same?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #583007

The amount of offtopic nonsense and random attacks on the map editors is completely out of control, timonk has been dev forum banned and the rest of you are warned to stay on topic
XivilaiAnaxes
Byond Username: XivilaiAnaxes

Post by XivilaiAnaxes » #583022

oranges wrote:The amount of offtopic nonsense and random attacks on the map editors is completely out of control, timonk has been dev forum banned and the rest of you are warned to stay on topic
lol

On topic - I actually loved Kilo station back when it was in rotation. The vegetation makes it feel so much more lively, and the asteroid construction made it feel more natural as opposed to stations like Meta where it doesn't even try to hide the fact the station is designed around 'how to make an efficiently designed map'.

The only thing I hated about it was that the hallways were all over the place - in Meta they're all perfectly straight which hides the limitation of a square grid layout, in Kilo it highlights how awkward pixel curves are.
Stickymayhem wrote:Imagine the sheer narcisssim required to genuinely believe you are this intelligent.
Cartographer-D
Byond Username: SonOfSpace

Post by Cartographer-D » #583716

Anyone who has a problem with the decals hasn't actually played on Kilo since its merge. I put a lot of work into finalizing the new decaling to make it fit the theme without having it be overbearing. Hazard stripes only exist near actual hazards, don't exist in impractical areas, and have been incredibly toned down from previous versions. Actual departmental decaling has also been changed to give Kilo its own special image.

I do hope that someone adds an object that can clean rust soon, though.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #583724

I like that if you latejoin on this map after the emergency shuttle has docked it's right there
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

legoscape
Byond Username: Legoscape

Post by legoscape » #584911

Did okand die? He hasn't been making cool stations in a while now.
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #608365

feeling cute might work on kilo multi-z a little bit more again
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #608638

Hey all! It's been a bit since we've had a proper progress shot. I've been working with Maurukas as of this month on implementing multi-z for Kilo.

Here's a few (low quality) in-progress previews!

Upper & Lower Medical
Spoiler:
Upper & Lower Security
Spoiler:
sinfulbliss
Byond Username: SinfulBliss

Post by sinfulbliss » #608714

Oh shit OKAND is back
Oh shit SEC HAS ANOTHER ELEVATOR

So many good things are happening.
Spoiler:
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #611356

Howdy all. Here are a few more (low quality) in-progress shots of multi-z. I'll explain a few of the accompanying changes aside each picture:

Lower Security
- Prison wing, sanitarium, prison lockers, and the justice chamber have been moved downstairs on their own level. Prison wing escapes (for prisoners) are yet to be fully implemented pending development of the surrounding areas.
- Sanitarium and previous isolation cells were expanded into a small sanitarium wing.
- Armoury contents have been separated with less secure or hazardous gear (deployable flashers, implants, spare flashbangs and handcuffs) being placed in a secure gear room down below.
- Secways have been moved into their very own secway garage!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Upper Security
- Secure equipment within the armoury have been more evenly distributed within the space, allowing for greater accessibility.
Spoiler:
Upper Engineering
- Engineering and atmospherics have swapped sides to create greater space between the supermatter and the shuttle lounge.
- Gravity generator is now accessible directly from engineering using a foyer attached to the equipment area.
- Secure gear storage has been moved to the engineering department hallway; accessways to the lower podbay were installed in its place.
- Supermatter engine has proper radiation airlocks and a control room with power control units. Kas7/Maraukas and I are working to implement a multi-z supermatter with main piping on the lower level.
- Atmospherics has been slightly crunched to account for the new positioning and has accompanying two-by-two cells. Incinerator and fusion reactor have been placed down below. Pipes are pending adjustment.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Lower Engineering
- Lower engineering features a centrally-placed thermoelectric generator (approved by Kas7/Maraukas) as a secondary project and source of power. It is currently running an adapted setup of MiniStation's thermoelectric generator and is prone to change.
- Pipings for the supermatter loop are placed below. Supermatter waste has pipes directly to the incinerator and fusion reactor rooms for greater cohesion of the engine systems.
- Stairwell and elevator placement, alongside any additional lower engineering buildings, are still in the planning phase.
Spoiler:
Podbay
- Previously accessible only through maintenance, the emergency escape pods have been moved to a centralised pod bay underneath command, accessed by a stairwell and elevator directly below the bridge.
- E.V.A. has been moved into the lower area. It will be accessible from the planned lower bridge area.
- The centcom ferry has been moved out of ferry and into the centre of the pod bay for greater access to the station.
- Public mining shuttle is expected to be moved to the lower portion of the cargo department in future installations.
Spoiler:
cocothegogo
Byond Username: Cocothegog0

Post by cocothegogo » #611616

do you not think putting all 4 pods in one place is a bad idea? like xenos can just camp it or one bomb kills all 4 pods
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #611621

cocothegogo wrote:do you not think putting all 4 pods in one place is a bad idea? like xenos can just camp it or one bomb kills all 4 pods
I do not think life aboard Space Station 13 is particularly sacred nor should escape be so easily guaranteed. I moved the pods to a more centralised location to increase access for the wider crew. I also believe escape pods are an easy way to detach from the ending of the round in a way that isn't interactive. Kilo's design principles have always been about pushing players together through limited spaces and greater visibility and the pod bay aims to reflect that change.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #611629

I think a pod bay is a pretty unique design choice that I secretly wish I thought about first but I can see it getting pretty rough for people to escape if shit really hits the fan. Usually if you really wanted a safer escape, each map typically had at least 1 pod that was out of the way enough compared to the others. This layout will probably screw over some antags too if they got too much heat to get on the main shuttle since now all pods are easily checked by the roaming mob.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #612850

Cross-posting from my response to the thread regarding mapping Cytology:
Implementing a sort of prototype cytology laboratory underneath a reworked xenobiology laboratory for multi-z Kilostation. Essentially moved the existing cytology equipment on other stations to its own distinct area below the xenobiology labs with its own assortment of pens for experimentation. I've included no additional job-specific equipment compared to existing station's cytology setups.

Xenobiology & Cytology Labs
Spoiler:
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #613245

I don't like that the arrivals shuttle is in the blast range of a fucked up engine, so if the engine is fucked it's really hard for new players to join.
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #613767

Nabski wrote:I don't like that the arrivals shuttle is in the blast range of a fucked up engine, so if the engine is fucked it's really hard for new players to join.
This has largely been addressed in the in-progress Multi-z update, and may be viewed above in post #611356.