I made some new (old) ruins

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

I made some new (old) ruins

Post by cacogen » #515115

I made some ruins of old iconic /tg/station places, but they either aren't finished or have some bugs/problems so I thought I'd submit them here and see what people think.

Prison Station removed October 2011
Working power, shuttle
Spoiler:
Original for comparison:
Spoiler:
Issues
  • What is there to do?
  • The shuttle can't dock at the labour shuttle port, which is logically where it would go
Malf AI Sat removed January 2012
Working power, plasma floors, shocked grilles, turrets, corpse of a previous captain, boobytrapped AI
Spoiler:
Original for comparison:
Spoiler:
Issues
  • Can't figure out how to get solar computer to refresh roundstart to begin shocking the grilles behind the tinted windows (which have plasma behind them)
  • Can stand on AI despite its density being 1
  • Can't get dead captain's hardsuit helmet to toggle after he spawns (room is a vacuum, he would've died from the lasers with it on)
Clown Planet removed November 2012
Spoiler:
Original for comparison:
Spoiler:
Issues
  • Mining rocks creates vacuums (the interior rocks, the exterior ones are indestructible)
  • Roundstart beacon makes bananium too easy to meta
Last edited by cacogen on Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Re: I made some new (old) ruins

Post by wesoda25 » #515192

This is really cool and I really hope someone finishes these
[this space reserved]
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Re: I made some new (old) ruins

Post by cacogen » #515327

I decided to make the malf AI living, I think because I discovered in the code of the original boobytrapped decoy AI it would die before going off. This allowed me to possess it and look around using the cameras (and at the station, but I don't think off-station AIs can't interact with it). Which made me think it could be made into a ghost role, similar to the comms agent but without the voice changer. An abandoned malfunctioning AI that successfully destroyed its station back in 2552 and has been floating through space on its satellite ever since, and has only recently come within radio range of another NT station. It has to defend its core against explorers, people after that captain gear (including all-access and a hand tele, or anything else I choose to add) and people wanting to kill it while trying to convince the people on the station to help it despite them knowing it has the malf lawset (and there's nothing they can do to change that). The concept of a powerless AI stuck in an abandoned facility needing to convince its enemies to help it is similar to Portal 2.

The idea of making it a ghost role also got me thinking about the purpose of the prison station ruin, and a thread I think was in the hut which is now deleted where people were expressing genuine interest in a roundstart prisoner role in the permabrig in response to an ironic thread.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW: