HYDROPONICS UPGRADE 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
420weedscopes
Byond Username: 420weedscopes

HYDROPONICS UPGRADE 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Post by 420weedscopes » #55387

okay so i asked our dear friend and savior Cheridan-san-sama-chan-sensei if there was any demand for plant sprites he said Always and he elaborated
here are my notes bitches

hydroponics upgrade 2: electric boogaloo

cheridan said he'd like for every plant to have a mutation, so all base plants will get at least one from this shit
let's give it a go!!!!!!!!

here are My Personal Ideas suggest things yo
(i'm not creating entirely new types of plant fuck that shit)

Banana = Mimana: causes temporary silence, contains Nothing [SPRITES DONE]
Cabbage = Clone Pod
Carrot = Parsnip: single use insulated wirecutters [SPRITES DONE]
Chanterelle = Shantyrelle: forces pirate speech similar to pierrot's! [SPRITES DONE]
Cherry = Blue Cherries: currently no purpose please suggest a thing [SPRITES DONE]
Cocoa = Vanilla: used for the ice-cream cart, could also be used if we create Actual Cooking (vanilla is also grown in pods and they're of a similar family so ya) [SPRITES DONE]
Corn = Snapcorn: grows snap-pops! [SPRITES DONE]
Lime = Orange
Orange = Lime (OOH HE'S BEIN A TRICKY BASTARD)
Poppy = Geranium/Lily: chance of each, two or more of each flower can be combined into a bunch of flowers [SPRITES DONE]
Potato = Sweet Potato [SPRITES DONE]
Pumpkin = Blumpkin: contains ammonia [SPRITES DONE]
Towercap = Steelcap: grows metal rods [SPRITES DONE]
Watermelon = Holy Melon: contains 5-10u holy water [SPRITES DONE]
Wheat = Rice/Oat: all three of these make flour, but at a higher rate (wheat is 5u, rice/oat could be 10u) [SPRITES DONE]
Whitebeet = Borschtbeet: whitebeet but red [SPRITES DONE]

please like n subscribe thank u :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: #420

e: i'm not aware of any more plants than what's in this guide https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Guide_to_plants as well as playing ingame also i am not adding mutations to what you get from a hacked MegaSeed Servitor as that is Illegal And Contraband Is Not Allowed or something the real reason is i am enacting damage limitation so i am not kill
Last edited by 420weedscopes on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:19 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Check out Phoenix Bucket!
TheWiznard wrote:jmad you read a book out loud to no one for two hours
original fanart by TheWiznard http://i.imgur.com/TTd3AFt.jpg
MORE http://i.imgur.com/335AGAS.jpg
Wizardjenkins66
Byond Username: Wizardjenkins66

Re: HYDROPONICS UPGRADE 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO

Post by Wizardjenkins66 » #55390

Maybe Cocoa should evolve into Vanilla, Make Vanilla required for Vanilla ice cream too.
EDIT:
Also, If you juice a Mimana, It should turn directly into nothing.
Last edited by Wizardjenkins66 on Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Violaceus wrote: Mining smiths spend years working on a single katana and fold it up to a million times to produce the finest blades known to man- and lizard-kind. Katanas are thrice as sharp as eswords and thrice as hard for that matter too. Anything an esword can cut through, a katana can cut through better. I'm pretty sure a katana could easily bisect a durand mech with a simple vertical slash.
Ever wonder why Syndicate never bothered conquering Mining? That's right, they were too scared to fight the disciplined miners and their katanas of destruction.
Pybro
Byond Username: Pybro

Post by Pybro » #55398

The Parsnip could be a single use wirecutter. Get it? Parsnip? It could be insulated, given that it is single use.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #55469

I'm more of the opinion that mutations should be new/neat things, not just other terrestrial plants.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55488

You could ape the Bumpjunkins from Mush for pumpkin mutations. They had a chance to replace your head with a pumpkin (until the effect wore off) and gave you extra action points. Perhaps have these attempt to auto-jackolantern your (unoccupied) helmet slot and +hyperzine or something. mite b coo
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #55501

Lemons mutate into fire grenades when? You know.
A combustible
lemon...
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #55507

bees confirmed for hydroponics upgrade 3: the spookening
cedarbridge wrote:You could ape the Bumpjunkins from Mush for pumpkin mutations. They had a chance to replace your head with a pumpkin (until the effect wore off) and gave you extra action points. Perhaps have these attempt to auto-jackolantern your (unoccupied) helmet slot and +hyperzine or something. mite b coo
what is Mush is it copyrighted if so I probably can't because licensing or something
lumipharon wrote:I'm more of the opinion that mutations should be new/neat things, not just other terrestrial plants.
then try and suggest something instead of throwing shade jeez
NikNakFlak wrote:Lemons mutate into fire grenades when? You know.
A combustible
lemon...
think of a punny name I will create it
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55510

420weedscopes wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:You could ape the Bumpjunkins from Mush for pumpkin mutations. They had a chance to replace your head with a pumpkin (until the effect wore off) and gave you extra action points. Perhaps have these attempt to auto-jackolantern your (unoccupied) helmet slot and +hyperzine or something. mite b coo
what is Mush is it copyrighted if so I probably can't because licensing or something
That's not a hard fast since they use Jumpkins interchangeably in the same plant slot and there's nothing explicitly licensed. Nothing to worry your head about.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #55564

420weedscopes wrote:
lumipharon wrote:I'm more of the opinion that mutations should be new/neat things, not just other terrestrial plants.
then try and suggest something instead of throwing shade jeez
Hm, how about cabbage mutating into the pod people plant? They have a visual similarity, and is more interesting then just starting with a pair of seeds.

Harebells into some sort of venus flytrap. Doesn't have to be harebells, but they're basically useless at the moment. And make the higher the potency of the flytrap plant, the larger it's possible prey size. IE: eating spiderlings/rats at low potency, up to larva/monkeys/other pets, all the way up to people sized thing. Hilarious for traitor botanists, feeding people to their plants.

Watermelon into rockmelon. Or something.

So you know the mushrooms from mario? That run around and you eat them for BIG, how about you mutate either plumpheads or walking mushrooms for something like that?

Some mime plant from bananas or something else sounds good. Grind for that sweet sweet nothing. Either that or mute toxin. Would be a neat tool for traitor botanists.

Ever watch that movie? Yeah, that one. With the chick with hands for feet and a blimp. Yeah I don't really remember much. What I do remember though, is some lethal grass shit that was like razor sharp. Make this an mutation of normal grass, that looks identical to normal grass when used as floor tiles, but harms anyone that walks on it.

And just in general, more plants (or add to existing, less useful plants) that contain specific chemicals in them. Botany can already get a lot of neat chems pretty easily (kelotane, bicard, tricord, hyperzine, synaps etc), but even just basic chemicals, like potassium or sulfur or whatever, to let a talented botanist be a ghetto/herbal chemist.
Raven776
Byond Username: Raven776

Post by Raven776 » #55580

I agree that plants should be given base chemicals!

Problem is, putting potassium in a plant makes it likely to explode if you inject it with water. Banana bombs get?
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #55602

lumipharon wrote: Hm, how about cabbage mutating into the pod people plant? They have a visual similarity, and is more interesting then just starting with a pair of seeds.
i'm for this since if lettuce is added i will need to think of a food to use it for and subsequently sprite it and I'm Not All About That
lumipharon wrote: Harebells into some sort of venus flytrap. Doesn't have to be harebells, but they're basically useless at the moment. And make the higher the potency of the flytrap plant, the larger it's possible prey size. IE: eating spiderlings/rats at low potency, up to larva/monkeys/other pets, all the way up to people sized thing. Hilarious for traitor botanists, feeding people to their plants.
mite b cool but we'd need to change the name probably
lumipharon wrote: Watermelon into rockmelon. Or something.
holymelon already chosen so we can have a source of Holy Water
lumipharon wrote: So you know the mushrooms from mario? That run around and you eat them for BIG, how about you mutate either plumpheads or walking mushrooms for something like that?
i have no idea how we'd code this someone please advise if possible
lumipharon wrote: Ever watch that movie? Yeah, that one. With the chick with hands for feet and a blimp. Yeah I don't really remember much. What I do remember though, is some lethal grass shit that was like razor sharp. Make this an mutation of normal grass, that looks identical to normal grass when used as floor tiles, but harms anyone that walks on it.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
grass already has a mutation: carpet so i will need other's thoughts on Razor Grass
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #55678

Plants can have more then one mutation.
Tomato for example can become blood tomato or blue tomato.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #55689

Raven776 wrote:I agree that plants should be given base chemicals!

Problem is, putting potassium in a plant makes it likely to explode if you inject it with water. Banana bombs get?
The problem is that most chems are toxic. Eating botany's stuff shouldn't kill me unless its something obviously stupid, like nettle or amanitas.
Rhisereld
Byond Username: Rhisereld

Post by Rhisereld » #55736

Give combustible lemons now.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #55790

lumipharon wrote:Plants can have more then one mutation.
Tomato for example can become blood tomato or blue tomato.
congratulations captain obvious
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #56373

a coder is now required please step forward if you will undertake the simple task of adding plants and their functions a dmi will be available now™

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94azwy6bojch0 ... o.dmi?dl=0
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #57510

for some unknown reason TZK13 has failed to notice the rest of the sprites in the pack and had added only holymelon and blumpkins https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/6943/
subsequently I will shout at him hourly until this is remedied
TZK13
Byond Username: Thurgatar

Post by TZK13 » #57623

I'll definitely be adding rice considering I had wanted to port that from Bay before anyway and I'll most likely be implementing steelcaps and mimanas too, I'm honestly not a big fan of the other plants though again especially because of the dmi icon limit that I hit and that will probably be hit again with all of these.

Cabbage mutating into replica pods too considering that doesn't require anything to be actually added really.

EDIT: Welp nevermind.
Last edited by TZK13 on Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #57923

A combustible
lemon...
think of a punny name I will create it[/quote]

Lemon nade

You know when life gives you combustible lemon you make lemon nades. Lemon grenades
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #58107

10/10
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #58673

created a second dmi that contained shit i have forgotten to add
+ actually has the lily inhand
+ the sweet potato seed sprite isn't just the potato seed sprite anymore
+ improved the snapcorn growing sprites so it's white instead of light yellow

- mimanas removed from the dmi and saved separately as TZK13 is adding Pananas i am unsure if he has done his own sprites or if he will use the mimana sprites anyway but ?????????

https://www.dropbox.com/s/94azwy6bojch0 ... o.dmi?dl=0
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #58678

Bombadil wrote:
A combustible
lemon...
think of a punny name I will create it[ /quote]

Lemon nade

You know when life gives you combustible lemon you make lemon nades. Lemon grenades
Only if you make the description "When life hands you lemons, use them to burn life's house down."
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
WeeYakk
Byond Username: Yakk

Post by WeeYakk » #58717

Lemon nades denied for being a reference to Portal 2.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #58722

we have the portal gun |:-)
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #58734

Please dont make mimanas magically silence. Put mute toxin in them. Also i suggest adding "bombannas", which are just bannanas with potassium.
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #58761

deathhoof wrote:Please dont make mimanas magically silence. Put mute toxin in them. Also i suggest adding "bombannas", which are just bannanas with potassium.
Mimanas would be a source of nothing for the mime, because it doesnt make sense that clowns get infinite heals from hydro while mime has one bottle and thats it.
deathhoof

Post by deathhoof » #58766

You can put nothing and mute toxin. These things are not mutually exclusive.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #58768

Nothing should be a child of mute toxin. Then you can make the drink, the silencer, actually live up to it's name.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #58797

WeeYakk wrote:Lemon nades denied for being a reference to Portal 2.
The point of that description is that it's not a direct quote, but it captures the essence nicely.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Snakebutt

Post by Snakebutt » #58852

Tricord and magboots cut for star trek references. Half the drinks and foods cut for being references. Punpun removed. Wizards, aliens and changelings cut.

Thats a very unfun argument to make, because spessmen lives on reference.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #59395

merged soon™
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #63041

>420 i'll update it tomorrow and it'll be ready for merge
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator

Post by lumipharon » #67521

Bumping the thread but, while I was gardening the other day, I was lookin at the silver ferns I was chainsawing out of the way when I though 'AHA, SILVER ferns!'

Anyway, there should be ferns. Have shit in them. Or put them in pots and have them be decorative. But more importantly, mutate them into literaly silver ferns, and grind for silver, to match with gold apples.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #67533

Snakebutt wrote:
Tricord and magboots cut for star trek references. Half the drinks and foods cut for being references. Punpun removed. Wizards, aliens and changelings cut.

Thats a very unfun argument to make, because spessmen lives on reference.
Can somebody draw this guy a map to get to the joke? He's pretty far overshot it at this point.
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #68463

iamgoofball wants to add coca plants/coca shoots/cocaine chemical. get your thoughts on that up before i sprite it for this pack.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #74900

ew no
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
420weedscopes

Post by 420weedscopes » #74937

good because i never actually sprited them