Scavenger shutle project need help

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Vorak
Byond Username: Vorak

Scavenger shutle project need help

Post by Vorak » #528912

Me and some other people over at Beestation are working on a ghost spanner scavenger that goes around in space looting ruins and such. on the code side of things it is going fine but I have come into a problem with making the shuttle work. Every time I try the console can’t se the shuttle (it only states shuttle missing on the console). Wondering if anyone would be interested to help me fix my mess. Been trying to fix it for almost a week with no results.
Here is the map code I have done if anyone is interested. https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStatio ... t/pull/980. Anny help is appreciated.
TheMythicGhost
Byond Username: TheMythicGhost

Re: Scavenger shutle project need help

Post by TheMythicGhost » #529284

Vorak wrote:Me and some other people over at Beestation are working on a ghost spanner scavenger that goes around in space looting ruins and such. on the code side of things it is going fine but I have come into a problem with making the shuttle work. Every time I try the console can’t se the shuttle (it only states shuttle missing on the console). Wondering if anyone would be interested to help me fix my mess. Been trying to fix it for almost a week with no results.
Here is the map code I have done if anyone is interested. https://github.com/BeeStation/BeeStatio ... t/pull/980. Anny help is appreciated.
Hey buddy, I think you got the wrong door, the beehive is two blocks down: https://discord.gg/Y7RTtkK
Hi, I play Respii Varenos on Bagil.
everyone when referring to respii wrote:she
deedubya wrote:Posts you don't like aren't illegitimate. Points you don't agree with aren't disproven just because you post a disagreement. Points of view that can negatively affect you(a greyshirt main) aren't automatically negative as a whole.

The sooner you learn things like this, the sooner you can actually participate in fair and open discourse, instead of just screeching like a child when someone wants to take away the toys you use that have been abused constantly.
Vorak

Post by Vorak » #529310

No it was more that I was stuck and most of the pepole over there was bussy so I decided it could not hurt asking here. I solved it though so I no longer need help with this.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #529324

Probably woulda had more luck asking on the coderbus discord. Not everyone there is too busy or too elitist to answer questions, as long as you go to the right place and at least prove you're putting in effort.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
John_Gobbel
Byond Username: CAPTTLasky

Post by John_Gobbel » #529375

It probably has to do with the area that you're using, since I'm fairly certain the console checks the area to teleport. It could also be improper room designation but I'm fairly certain it's the same thing. I suggest you look at the white ship map in the code and systematically see how the vars in the console and ship area are set up.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #529489

I like it when threads like this happen cause it proves we still the best
Vorak

Post by Vorak » #529733

John_Gobbel wrote:It probably has to do with the area that you're using, since I'm fairly certain the console checks the area to teleport. It could also be improper room designation but I'm fairly certain it's the same thing. I suggest you look at the white ship map in the code and systematically see how the vars in the console and ship area are set up.
From what I understand that is correct. part of the problem was that I though it would work when the shuttle was force spawned though debug. spawning it after map gen made it work. I think I had some other problems that I fixed when confused but I don’t know. Thanks anyway
oranges wrote:I like it when threads like this happen cause it proves we still the best
Probably more that I asked during finals week and the experienced people over there did not have time. and the fact that I though you had the people that made the shuttle code still here and hoped to get some help from them. but sure if it bloats your ego then yes you have some of the people that made important code that people new to mapping can find very confusing.
But now when I am here I might explain what we are working on. it is a ghost spanner ship that cant se station and the crew are supposed to go out and salvage things from space and either sell it or use the materials to build stuff from a techfab not connected to the station research instead they buy research from the market. we are almost finished with most of this and are mostly fixing things up at this point. the new fab is not implemented in this picture but will be in place of the circuit printer
it is not suposed to actualy dock with annything wich is why the docking port is in a wall.
Attachments
scavenger ship.png