Birdboat updated again

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Bawhoppennn
Github User
Byond Username: Bawhoppennn
Github Username: Bawhoppen

Birdboat updated again

Post by Bawhoppennn » #531779

I know a lot of people love Birdboat station, so I updated it again from my previous version last year.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0wdxq8j2g ... 4.dmm/file

After fixing the paths, I did a brief runthrough of some needed changes, though I haven't actually tested it yet. Turf decals and pipes may be slightly messed up. I intend to continue updating it over time, atleast into the near future.

Some things on the map won't work correctly unless you have additional files, notably the job changes and the arrivals shuttle.

I don't intend to PR it at this time, since I know there's been quite alot of discussion about our current map roster as is. No need to add fuel to the flames right now.
Just felt we needed to preserve and keep the map alive so we can always keep enjoying Tokiko's amazing handiwork.
Last edited by Bawhoppennn on Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

<KorMobile> you're a hero

[21:20:53] <%oranges> Baw "has cute legs" hoppen
DEAD: ADMIN(Owegno) says, "Nothing lewd happens in adminbus sadly."

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

(F) DEAD: Professor DonkPocket says, "Admins preventchaos with good messages"

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> russians have no souls so magic enrages them
<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
annoyinggreencatgirl
Byond Username: Uomo91

Re: Birdboat updated again

Post by annoyinggreencatgirl » #531835

I only got to see this station a few times, but I thought it was quirky and fun for super lowpop and I'd like to see it on the server again some day.
Thanks very much for your work.
cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #531836

I wasn't around for this. I had a quick look around. It's an odd map, and reminds me of charming early maps before there was any standard and before anyone knew what they were doing. I like it.
technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

Plapatin
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Plapatin
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by Plapatin » #532169

please god never bring back birdboat
thank you for giving me the ability to bring back birdboat, though
wesoda25 wrote:i had a dream that me and some friends were like in this tribal village and we were all doing cocaine around this massive bonfire and I kept seeing all these foreshadowing elements that we were gonna die but i just did more cocaine
OrdoM wrote:Argent, a swan argent over a saltire vert - the vert representing the vomit cast upon the floor by the vomitgoose
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #532175

Plapatin wrote:please god never bring back birdboat
Birdboat is the future, and you know it.

In other news, I've updated the link to be a new version now.
Still doesn't work in FastDMM (crashes), though. Not sure why.
I consider myself a /tg/station historian. If you're interested in the server history at all, feel free to ask me and I'll try and get you an answer! #ConcurForever

[07:13:57] <Rockdtben> Keep in mind that I'm an extremely successful and wealthy male in his late twenties.

OOC: Pogoman122: Fun fact if someone trespasses on your kitchen just turn them into a nugget

<+KorPhaeron> people who don't like rng are not from /tg/ and are likely redditors
ausops wrote:apart from this there is literally nothing more to say other than that this is the first thread in five years to have achieved something.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #532196

Updated again actually after being suggested to add signs. These are pretty important for a new player's experience, so please use this in future admin fun-time runs of the map.

AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #532378

I appreciate additional maps, especially under the Metameta situation. And the effort that goes into them, too.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Post by Vekter » #536866

Screenshots when
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #536894

Vekter wrote:Screenshots when
FastDMM doesn't work anymore it seems for any map, so I'd have to manually stitch them from screenshots... but I guess I can do that

cacogen
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: Cacogen

Post by cacogen » #536899

technokek wrote:Cannot prove this so just belive me if when say this
NSFW:

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #536919

Birdboat was a good map too advanced for its time.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
SpaceManiac
Byond Username: SpaceManiac
Github Username: SpaceManiac

Post by SpaceManiac » #536933

cacogen wrote:https://affectedarc07.co.uk/TGStuff/MapGen/?p=1
have you tried this?
If you need more options, quicker turnaround, or up-to-date wire rendering, this is the software being used:
https://github.com/SpaceManiac/Spaceman ... p-renderer
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #536979

SpaceManiac wrote:
cacogen wrote:https://affectedarc07.co.uk/TGStuff/MapGen/?p=1
have you tried this?
If you need more options, quicker turnaround, or up-to-date wire rendering, this is the software being used:
https://github.com/SpaceManiac/Spaceman ... p-renderer
based and mapper pilled, thank you for this
Limey wrote:its too late.
Bawhoppennn
Github User

Post by Bawhoppennn » #537044

I will use the image tools after I update the map again, thanks for all the suggestions everyone!