Multi-Z Pubby

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
EOBGames
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: EOBGames

Multi-Z Pubby

Post by EOBGames » #552601

Hey so just declaring an intention here, I'm looking at making a lower "maint" z-level for Pubby. I'll post screenshots of progress as I have them and hopefully it'll be PR worthy at some point (no promises).
Everyone's favourite internewt. Je maptiendrai.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Beware the Chilledstation, for it approaches.
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Re: Multi-Z Pubby

Post by EOBGames » #552610

Alright first bit of progress, this is under the bar.
New theatre with a kinda "dimly lit jazz bar" thing going on.
Dressing room.
Dorms for the clown and mime.
Storage room with stairs up to the bar, for the entertainers to move easily between levels.
Booze storage for the bars.
A little service hallway, which links the service jobs.
And a lower floor for botany, with apiarys. (Bees sold separately).
Obviously everything here is very WIP and subject to change.
In the rare event that I'm on the server, I'm either Inept-At-Job or Kayden Riker. Accept no substitutes.
If you've gotta contact me, hit me up on discord, as I don't really check forum DMs: @Emerald_or_Bust#1314
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #552710

alright so I've been reliably informed by a certain headcoder whose name rhymes with "smoranges" that pubby might be getting the axe, so uhh... shit.
I might keep up with this, or I might do multi-z on another map (maybe it could even make box bearable?).
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
trollbreeder
Byond Username: Trollbreeder
Github Username: trollbreeder

Post by trollbreeder » #552827

Why not make your own map? Sure, it'll take a while, and sure, it might not be good, but hey, the joy of finally finishing your work is an amazing feeling.

You clearly have the talent and the know-how to make a really good map (your remake of meta medbay and the gulag shows it), and i'd be interested to see how it plays out, especially with some more nuanced multi-z setups.

Remember, if you have coder's anxiety, just remember the words of Shia LaBeouf.
[youtube]ZXsQAXx_ao0[/youtube]
Do it. Just do it.
I'm a dumb feature coder, also a bad (but not terrible) coderspriter and a semi-good mapper and an enforcer of standards.
you can find me playing when i'm not coding or playing csgo as cleans-the-house on event hall, sybil or manuel

screenshot gallery:
Spoiler:
EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #552873

ech, it feels a bit odd to quit on making multi-z for pubby because it's likely to get yoinked, and turn around and make a station that would have no chance of getting merged anyway.
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #552886

EOBGames wrote:ech, it feels a bit odd to quit on making multi-z for pubby because it's likely to get yoinked, and turn around and make a station that would have no chance of getting merged anyway.
planetstation would get merged just saying
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #552888

If I trust someone to make a good map that can break the mold is EOB, he obviously has the chops for it

Probably best to wait for the vote and then ask oranges though
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
deedubya
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Deedubya

Post by deedubya » #552938

>pubby's getting the axe when donut is still in rotation

Fuck that noise, if you want to improve pubby, do it. Having an active dev would help keep it in rotation.
Galatians 4:16 "Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?"
hey imma teegee admeme compliment me on my appearance here

flattering compliments people have given me:
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:honestly holy shit deedubs you're a dent head
wesoda25 wrote:deedub is one of the people that makes me wish i could block users on forums
IkeTG wrote:every post from deedubya is worrying behavior
Super Aggro Crag wrote:you're a poo head!!!!!
TheMythicGhost wrote:You're a moron, but that's really nothing new since you're Deedubya, and really at this point I'm just playing an instrument by speaking since your head is so goddamn empty these words are resonating as they pass through.
Lazengann wrote:What's interesting about deedubya is the guy has no reading skills or comprehension and his ADHD is so severe he can't read through a single thread but he shows up to argue anyway
annoyinggreencatgirl wrote:you really are almost superhumanly retarded dude, holy smokes.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Post by Flatulent » #552979

stop making every map into multiz just donut is enough; pubby is fine as it is
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #553482

I've decided to keep going with this, even if it doesn't make it it's good practice- thanks for all the encouragement.

no real solid screenshots to share, but I've got the assistant's quarters done, a lower level for cargo is in the works, and I've started work on a lower level for science.
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #553562

Alright I feel like I've gotten the lower level to the point where I can share a proper overview of (almost) everything I've done.
Obviously it's highly unfinished, but it's starting to take shape somewhat.
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
EOBGames
Code Maintainer

Post by EOBGames » #554276

So after obsessing for a few days over (mostly) pointless details, I'm back today to share the progress on this project.
First things first, we have the assistants' quarters and lounge, located conveniently directly under arrivals:
Next, is the lower section of cargo, where the quartermaster and his minions can rest, recuperate, and engage in shady backroom dealings:
The health club is next, complete with gym equipment, a pool, and a sauna and steam room, for all your murderous relaxation needs.
Finally, there's been some changes upstairs, too, such as the new and very much improved holodeck:
Hope you like the look of the new rooms.
Spoiler:
Fluff Images:
► Show Spoiler
wesoda25
Byond Username: Wesoda25

Post by wesoda25 » #554310

Quite a few of the rooms look very natural, good job! Hallways and maintenance admittedly look awkward/bare in places but I think you just haven’t filled them up yet. Love the arcade.
[this space reserved]
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #554377

After looking at that arcade floor I'd like to formally take back all the nice things I said about EOB's mapping
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.