Brostation v1

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Brostation v1

Post by Brotemis » #3354

This is a placeholder thread for the eventual Brostation. To make a long story short, I designed the Wild West away mission and have been wanting to design something larger for a long time. And unless away missions get optimized to get faster round start loading and the timer set to 1 hour until the gate opens, I don't see myself making any more of those.

The basis of the station would be a relatively larger station with one half consisting of mostly engineering and maintenence, and the other half being efficient with medbay and science. Command is located behind the brig with an alternative path being available if the blast doors are open, making command much more secure (and fun). Pictures to come later. The first drawing will be up tonight.

Design v1:

5-5-14:
First WIP screenshot of command and brig

Last edited by Brotemis on Mon May 05, 2014 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brotemis

Re: Brostation v1

Post by Brotemis » #3408

While I've got time here at work, I'm going talk a little bit about essentially would be the 4 sections of the station.

The north end of the station consists mostly of engineering, atmos, and maintenence, along with the gravity generator. Maintenence will have old medbay, old RD, and old dorms. It would make great diversions for assistants to make their little bases and turf wars that don't interfere with the rest of the station. I won't ruin all the secrets but there will be plenty.

The eastern half will contain the brig, permabrig, and command area with full head of staff quarters. Replacing the courtroom would be the sec quarters.

The western half will contain the dorms, an open air cafe with a stage for entertainment, and fitness along with the arrivals shuttle. Assistants will spawn next to the cafe. Botany will be here as well. Access to the AI satellite will be be near this area.

The southern half will contain medbay and RD. Expect a radically different design for both with a secondary AI chamber in RD if another is built. Cargo will be moved to next to RD to expedite shipping of mining materials. The escape shuttle will also be located there.

A lot of the action will focus on the southern end
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #3450

Now updated with design plan
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #3553

Command and Brig presentation sometime tonight. I'm not sure when the the basics will be done. Feedback on it would be great while it's still in pre alpha
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #3592

Looks good but one note I have about escape:
Maybe slot it above the command area for direct access into the command section of the shuttle, allowing for multiple entry routes if one gets ruined and solving the problem of assholes jumping in.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #3697

I actually like that idea. I'll see if I can make that work.

Work is currently kicking my ass, I should have screen shots up of the Brig and Command basic up tonight and expect medbay and RD tomorrow with cargo and arrivals following the next day.

The final update will be engineering/atmos/maintenence which would take the longest. After that is done, areas will be made, disposals will be set, then atmos, then wiring, then it will be ready for testing.
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #3740

While I'm here at work:

A few talking points about the large maintenance area. It will bisect major halls, but the door access to these bisects will be no-requirement. What this means is that you can for the most part travel through the entire station maintenance without coming into camera view.

Locations in maintenance will include old medbay, old R and D, along with Old Dorms with the standard interesting things you will find. While most of the action focuses on the southern end of the station, the maintenence area will feature large playing grounds for antagonists and assistants. I'm still figuring out the proportions but the basic frame of the station is almost done. I expect the map to be done in about a week.
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #3810

Got any WIP screenies?
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

This, this is an example of what I leave for you.
Also, these days I mostly play Ursit McStation, mostly because I like roleplay.
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #3825

Updated with part of security of bare minimum command
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #3837

Looks nice, although perhaps a tad too large for my tastes.
But I like it.
I am located here, lurking in your posts, leaving piles of transparent wordings and being confused. Oh, I also try to map...

Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #3899

Today's talking point: rooms that are not part of the major departments.

The library, chapel, and even the lawyers office,Tool storage, tech storage, and changing rooms are what I would consider areas not part of their department. The library and chapel in particular is a large room dedicated to itself and one job. The placement of these two is key, otherwise they would be prone to being without use while taking up a large amount of space.

I do intend to combine the lawyer's and detective's offices for two reasons. First, Fuck lawyers who think it's their job to drag away their "client" from a security guard in cuffs. Secone, double fuck lawyers who immediately bust into the brig demanding to know what charges are against their "client." The intention of combining the offices is for detectives and Lawyers to work together to prosecute criminals (willing) to go through a trial. It's more fun for everyone when the lawyer isn't tossed out of the Brig or beaten because they're being a dickhead. Criminals get trials, we get more RP, everyone has more fun.

Library and chapel placement will likely be at the junction of Rd and medbay
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #4167

Medbay and RD update tonight. Expect WIP screenies
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #4733

temporarily put on hold until I fix my branch
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #13842

Back in business, command line has brought me up to date in the code base. Expect rapid development again
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #13843

Any new images on the map?
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #13848

Not yet unfortunately. I haven't really had time to do much of anything yet but I have Wednesday and Thursday off which is when I expect to get a lot done. I do know that the basic frame of the station is at least done.
allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #13865

if you like fitness so much how about i fitness dick in yo mouth
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #13941

What's the difference between jam and jelly?

I can't jelly my dick down your throat
AseaHeru
Rarely plays

Post by AseaHeru » #13949

You can still turn your dick into jelly or jam though.

Anyways, back on topic, how is medical and science interaction going to be?
(mostly due to lack of screenies is this asked)

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #13955

allura wrote:if you like fitness so much how about i fitness dick in yo mouth
i fucking cried
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #14690

Steam Summer Sale has conquered my day off. Not very much to report in progress today.

allura
Byond Username: Allura

Post by allura » #15188

BRO POST AN UPDATE MAN WERE ALL EXCITED AS FUCK