NSC Sakala

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Paxilmaniac
Byond Username: Paxilmaniac

NSC Sakala

Post by Paxilmaniac » #612529

A short, reasonable time into the future...

SPACE STATION 13

Episode V

NANOTRASEN SPACE CARRIER "SAKALA"

It is a dark time for the Syndicate. Although the Kilo Battle Station project ultimately had no effect on the war, Nanotrasen marines have driven the Syndicate forces from their hidden base and pursued them across the galaxy.

Evading the dreaded new Nanotrasen carrier, the Sakala, a massive three floor hulk of steel and guns, the last of the Syndicate forces take refuge on two distant bodies, a scorching lava planet, and a desolate ice moon.

Admiral Dimeling, obsessed with the final destruction of the Syndicate military, leads an expedition to hunt them down, arriving in orbit of an undocumented gas giant far outside of Nanotrasen territory.

A single, weak transmission reaches the meeting hall of the Syndicate, sent by the last operatives, it reads a simple message with a single image...

"Fear the Sakala"
Spoiler:
This is an event map I plan on possibly doing a lot with, I will release more information as I finish more of it, in the mean time have this thread for some hype.

Update 1

The operatives sweep the facility, an old research base far outside a mining colony. Their guns sweep side to side, green helmet lights illuminating their path. Their search reveals the place to be empty, seemingly abandoned with haste.

The team lowers their guns and start searching for something, anything to take back as reward. Their leader comes across a poster hung on the wall:

One of the operatives stands near a window, calling the leader over, "Sir, you might want to see this."

Looking out the slowly frosting glass, they see a wing of fighters much like the ones on the poster approaching fast, missiles armed and ready, and a great carrier the likes of which they had never seen before...
Last edited by Paxilmaniac on Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Flatulent
Forum Soft Banned
Byond Username: FlatulentIndustrialist

Re: NSC Sakala

Post by Flatulent » #612553

what is the point for a carrier if nt possesses no technology that requires runways
Mothblocks, winter 2020, “successfully” preventing bagil death with relevant data wrote:You seem to be under the fallacy that reinforcing that Bagil is a TDM shithole where you must carry bolas and spears on you at all times, while looking for the next valid to hunt down is a positive change to the server. I don't. The data suggests other people don't.
imsxz wrote:I give up there’s too many furries
cacogen wrote:i asked oranges how often he plays and he deleted the post
cybersaber101 wrote:Welp, you guys let a terrymin become a headmin, thousand years of darkness.
Vekter wrote:I jerk off Nist a bit too much but he's honestly one of the best silicon players on the server. B.O.R.G.O. is also pretty good.
Agux909
Byond Username: Agux909

Post by Agux909 » #612558

Flatulent wrote:what is the point for a carrier if nt possesses no technology that requires runways
The point is that carriers look badass.

Paxilmaniac
Byond Username: Paxilmaniac

Post by Paxilmaniac » #612795

Small update shown off in the form of a very short story, I think I'll write mini-lore for everything since I'm just that bored.