Catwalk Station Development Thread

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
massa
Byond Username: Massa100

Re: Catwalk Station Development Thread

Post by massa » #625015

Bottom post of the previous page:

What is the setting? Is this station independently orbitting, or built into an asteroid like some are? These screenshots look like it's encased in rock which is pretty dank but I doubt that's actually the case.
:donut2: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :heart: :honkman: :donut2:
EuSouAFazenda
Byond Username: EuSouAFazenda

Re: Catwalk Station Development Thread

Post by EuSouAFazenda » #628968

I have returned.

It's been 3 months but, I'm back. And a bit demotivated to work on this project. Making a station is a lot of work; I've done a ton alone but I can't really finish this like that. So I've decided to ask for help. I've created a GitHub fork and opening it up for pull requests n such', in case anyone want to help. I don't have the time or energy to finish this myself but I can oversee the project and help up here or there n such.
Link to the fork: https://github.com/EuSouAFazer/tgstatio ... alkStation
Also needless to say but this is a massive WIP. It's very advanced n such but there's still a ton to be done.

Here's the to-do list:
  • Finish Medbay in general
  • Finishing touches in Engineering
  • The entire Port maint
  • Finishing touches in Starboard maint
  • Adding the spawn points
  • Finish Sec
  • Bringing the map back to present day (adding modsuits, the random spawners, etc)
  • Disposals
It's definitely doable; we 100% can do this this year still. The dream's not dead.

To help not have the station be a mess here's a brief style/design guide:
  • Multi-Z is the top priority. If something can be reasonably done in Multi-Z, do it.
  • Space Station 13 is a dangerous and unsafe place. Departments are less secure intentionally so.
  • Catwalk is a visual breakaway from other stations. Use the different floor tiles and turf decals; look around the station to see how it's been handled. As a general rule of thumb try to stick black tiles on workplaces and gray/white(if on medbay) ones in the coridoors.
Feel free to @ me or PM me in Discord if anything's broken or stupid, btw'. EuSouAFazenda#0336.

Also - now that I'm opening up the project should I make a new thread for the collective development and keep this one for the solo development to help organize it better or should we continue on this thread?

Also no I don't know why there's a second communications console above arrivals I have no idea what 3 months ago me was thinking.
I remade the beach away mission